Mykhaylo Mudryk

RuudTom83

Far to many transfer fees being quoted in pound sterling...don't you know we convert it to euros to bash the players even more! Has the Antony transfer not taught you anything!

Mudryk currently stands at 75.5 million euros, I can't see him ever winning anything in a Chelsea shirt so unless the add-ons are appearances that might be the most Shakhtar are getting.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
What’s the breakdown of the extra £23m?

Just saw £88.5m as the quoted figure on all the main outlets. 8/9 year deal?
7.5 year deal with 1 additional option year - so 6 to go as of this summer presumably.

The add-ons are €10m for winning the CL, €10m for winning the PL, and €2m per year for up to 5 years if Mudryk was top 10 in the PL for goals + assists.

The fee isn’t being embellished. What’s happening here is in typical embarrassed fan style you’re downplaying the quoted fee for a dud.

The quoted fee is £62m upfront with £26m in add-ons.

Unless you have access to his contract you and I have no idea what proportion of the add-ons are achievable.

So let’s dispense with all this embellishment business. He cost £88.5m. Which may or may not be paid in full, depending on how good or bad shaktar’s negotiators were in making the add-ons achievable.

Looking are how prone boehly is to getting fleeced by whoever he enters into negotiation with, I’d assume the eventually fee will approach 80m unless you can find some fool to take him off your hands soon.
Obviously the fee is literally being embellished, people throw around 100m casually and that's obviously not the case.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Far to many transfer fees being quoted in pound sterling...don't you know we convert it to euros to bash the players even more! Has the Antony transfer not taught you anything!

Mudryk currently stands at 75.5 million euros, I can't see him ever winning anything in a Chelsea shirt so unless the add-ons are appearances that might be the most Shakhtar are getting.
€70m actually

TheReligion

Abusive
7.5 year deal with 1 additional option year - so 6 to go as of this summer presumably.

The add-ons are €10m for winning the CL, €10m for winning the PL, and €2m per year for up to 5 years if Mudryk was top 10 in the PL for goals + assists.

Obviously the fee is literally being embellished, people throw around 100m casually and that's obviously not the case.
Cheers.

Eye watering numbers.

Bohley has really done a number on you guys. That said he’s just been writing blank cheques. Whoever looks after your recruitment needs sacking.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Cheers.

Eye watering numbers.

Bohley has really done a number on you guys. That said he’s just been writing blank cheques. Whoever looks after your recruitment needs sacking.
We've already sacked some of those responsible! Unfortunately we seem to need to do a Monty Python and sack those responsible for sacking the first lot

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Remember when he made that one good run on his debut and the caf decided he was Robben, Hazard and De Bruyne all rolled into one? Simpler times :(

TheReligion

Abusive
We've already sacked some of those responsible! Unfortunately we seem to need to do a Monty Python and sack those responsible for sacking the first lot
Really? Wowsers. I didn’t realise you’d done that. How many new faces have come in over the past 2 years in terms of set up?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Really? Wowsers. I didn’t realise you’d done that. How many new faces have come in over the past 2 years in terms of set up?
Half of Brighton's staff I'd reckon.

Christopher Vivell was technical director for I think about 7 months? December 2022 to June 2023. Believe he was instrumental in the Mudryk deal but no details about why he has already left became public.

TheReligion

Abusive
Half of Brighton's staff I'd reckon.

Christopher Vivell was technical director for I think about 7 months? December 2022 to June 2023. Believe he was instrumental in the Mudryk deal but no details about why he has already left became public.
I think you’re likely right that Clearlake are blundering through this in that case.

Quite concerning that they have flip flopped on managers, recruitment and staffing. Just burning through money.

There’s no real plan and everything is quite reactionary it seems.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Should’ve let this bum go to Arsenal. It would’ve been funnier watching him stink the place out there.
Trossard works so well for Arsenal, but Chelsea should loan him to Arsenal with an option to buy next season. I am curious about the original plan Arteta had for him.

Last edited:

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Trossard works so well for Arsenal, but Chelsea should loan him to Arsenal with an option to buy next season. I am curious about the original plan Arteta had for him.
Morbidly, I am a little curious too but...no more Chelsea rejects! They are doing ok in truth but I think that's enough. They come with inflated transfer fees and wages.

ZainCRse7en

Keep seeing people raving about his pace. Is he faster than a Rashford, Martinelli or a Adam's Trarore? I just don't see it.

whitbyviking

Arguing over who has been the bigger flop between Antony & Mudryk kind of feels like arguing over who cleans out the litter tray & who takes the dog out for his last ‘toilet’ of the day.

For both clubs, these transfers are going to be awfully difficult to get away from.
I'm not arguing over who is the biggest flop, a flop is a flop in my eyes and the fees are both too high to split hairs over. I'd just be slightly more happy that Anthony is here for a significantly shorter period of time in the worst case scenario.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Countdown till he's loaned out? He won't improve on our bench.

Bundesliga would be sensible I think.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Countdown till he's loaned out? He won't improve on our bench.

Bundesliga would be sensible I think.
To have a chance of making it he needs to go to a club where he plays every week, gets a lot of attention from the manager and his backroom staff in terms of working on tactical basics, and plays within the context of a settled system.

The problem is that its hard to find that kind of loan - teams don't want to invest a huge amount of time and energy into a loan player - and Chelsea won't be able to sell him without taking a huge FFP loss. He was a £30-40m player who ended up getting sold for £89m and subsequently has shown that he might not have been worth £30-40m to begin with. And the long contract means Chelsea is still on the hook for the vat majority of that transfer fee from an FFP perspective.

Chelsea probably should loan him to Strasbourg, tell the staff there to make his development a priority, and hope for the best.

Last edited:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Remember when he made that one good run on his debut and the caf decided he was Robben, Hazard and De Bruyne all rolled into one? Simpler times :(
Turns out he doesn't look so good when he's not up against a 37 year old James Milner at RB every week.

twitter thread suggester
Can’t believe how lucky Arsenal were to dodge this bullet. Would have put a huge strain on their transfer dealings.

Bertie Wooster

Yeah, I think it was after a couple of UCL group stage performances last season for Shaktar where he scored a couple of great (Bale-esque iirc some of the posts on here) goals, albeit seemingly on the counter where he could utilise his pace to the fullest. Then the hype went into overdrive. Or well, that was when i first really noticed/heard of him.
TBH, that perfectly describes my positive introduction to him as a player.

I'd heard of him, but hadn't seen anything of him. Then saw him a number of times for Shakhtar in the CL and a few times for Ukraine and thought that he looked like a good talent.

It was obvious that pace was his main weapon, and that he'd be best playing somewhere were he had the space to drive into rather than for a possession based team whose opponents drop deep, etc.

But, yeah, there was a Bale-esque element to his pace and powerful runs down the left and he looked, while raw, like he could already hurt teams with some end product.

However, like plenty of players who rely on raw pace (and sometimes power), he doesn't look like he's kicked on at all in terms of honing his technique, decision making and end product.

Probably hasn't helped signing for Chelsea at a time when they're making so many changes and are a bit all over the place in terms of stability and having to introduce so many new players all at once. Getting a move to another club - such as Arsenal - would I'm sure have seen him progress more by now. Though what his ceiling actually is I don't know. Certainly seems lower than I first thought.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
TBH, that perfectly describes my positive introduction to him as a player.

I'd heard of him, but hadn't seen anything of him. Then saw him a number of times for Shakhtar in the CL and a few times for Ukraine and thought that he looked like a good talent.

It was obvious that pace was his main weapon, and that he'd be best playing somewhere were he had the space to drive into rather than for a possession based team whose opponents drop deep, etc.

But, yeah, there was a Bale-esque element to his pace and powerful runs down the left and he looked, while raw, like he could already hurt teams with some end product.

However, like plenty of players who rely on raw pace (and sometimes power), he doesn't look like he's kicked on at all in terms of honing his technique, decision making and end product.

Probably hasn't helped signing for Chelsea at a time when they're making so many changes and are a bit all over the place in terms of stability and having to introduce so many new players all at once. Getting a move to another club - such as Arsenal - would I'm sure have seen him progress more by now. Though what his ceiling actually is I don't know. Certainly seems lower than I first thought.
Yeah all fair points and sort of where I’m at with the added bits that he’s looked insanely poor whenever I’ve seen him for Chelsea. Like piss poor. But that could be down to being bereft and devoid of confidence as well.

Zed is not dead

Good old days, where Jackson was seriously considered as the new Drogba too, and we were incompetent because we didn’t sign Caicedo 3 years ago

Rossa

Keep seeing people raving about his pace. Is he faster than a Rashford, Martinelli or a Adam's Trarore? I just don't see it.
He's definitely slower than Adama Traore, but who isn't?

Mudryk is probably Rashford levels of fast or slightly faster, but slower than Daniel James, with less output to show for. I saw a video of his runs and it's not that impressive really - when he faces fast players he tends to lose. Walker toyed with him and he lost a 30 yard race to Konate.

Rossa

Yes, yes and yes.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3545885

Pace isn't everything sadly for him!
Top speed is measured as the highest speed recorded in a run - not how long you can sustain the run. If you play as an attacker for City, how many 40 yard runs do you think you would make throughout a season, for instance? Garnacho has a pretty high top speed, but his ability to maintain it is terrible - he tends to stumble soon after he reaches a high speed. Ronaldo was a master of maintaining a very high top speed.

Walker had no issues keeping up with Mudryk, and when he put on his afterburners he intercepted him easily and brushed him off the ball even more easily. That's another issue - he seems to lack strength, so like Daniel James, once defenders learn to stick close to him, they can slow him down and use their strength to muscle him off balance. You couldn't do that to Bale, for instance.

Edit: Traore has recorded 36.64 km/h, faster than Mudryk anyhow... Salah same speed as Traore

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's definitely slower than Adama Traore, but who isn't?

Mudryk is probably Rashford levels of fast or slightly faster, but slower than Daniel James, with less output to show for. I saw a video of his runs and it's not that impressive really - when he faces fast players he tends to lose. Walker toyed with him and he lost a 30 yard race to Konate.
When did this happen?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Konate is also lightning fast in fairness. Big central defenders often are. I know Rudiger was out quickest for a while.
He’s rapid but I’m pretty sure he’s referring to Mudryk’s debut and if I’m right, I remember it, and it wasn’t even a straight race.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He’s rapid but I’m pretty sure he’s referring to Mudryk’s debut and that wasn’t even a straight race.
I mean, there's going to be tons of examples of faster forwards seemingly losing a race to a slower defender. Players are not going to be always running at full pace for a few reasons (tiredness, injured, fear of getting smashed into the stands by a defender of you get there first) not to mention camera angles can make a huge difference to how far each player seems to travel relative to each other.

Rossa

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
https://youtube.com/shorts/hDN6g1n-GqU?si=4s7w1UB8auX44C8D

Maybe more 20 yards, but Konate wasn't half sprinting before he had to, and then he clearly got away from Mudryk - I find it hard to disagree that Konate had Mudryk for speed there, which I didn't think would happen at the time.

Konate is very fast though, but Rashford has outpaced him...
Mudryk has a longer distance to cover there. He’s running at an angle whereas Konate is running in a straight line. I’m not saying Konate is or isn’t quicker than Mudryk but that clip is routinely brought up as evidence of it and it doesn’t really prove anything one way or the other.

Rossa

Mudryk has a longer distance to cover there. He’s running at an angle whereas Konate is running in a straight line. I’m not saying Konate is or isn’t quicker than Mudryk but that clip is routinely brought up as evidence of it and it doesn’t really prove anything one way or the other.
When they were both closing in on the ball, it is evident that Konate upped his tempo and raced away from Mudryk. My point being that he's fast, but I feel that his pace is a little overstated - he's no Daniel James who simply had insane pace.
https://youtube.com/shorts/hM7fR4bv208?si=qjvZh-HKoAbTsVJj

Too bad about his strength and other things, like football qualities.

Grande

https://youtube.com/shorts/hDN6g1n-GqU?si=4s7w1UB8auX44C8D

Maybe more 20 yards, but Konate wasn't half sprinting before he had to, and then he clearly got away from Mudryk - I find it hard to disagree that Konate had Mudryk for speed there, which I didn't think would happen at the time.

Konate is very fast though, but Rashford has outpaced him...
I have no opinion in the general discussion, I just have a general idea that Mudryk is very fast and Konate also is pretty fast, however, as it’s fun to have opinions on twiddli g small stuff I watched the clip and have to say that what I see is one player in blue who sprints double the distance and at the higher pace for 90% of the time, and that the two players have similar speed the last 10% of the distance and the player in red uses his body to outmuscle and slow down the player in blue the last two metres. At no point does the player in red look to me as running faster, and if I were to guess at their general speeds solely based on that clip, I would think the blue player is significantly faster than tje red both over shorter and larger sprint distances. Just how it looks to me, mate