Mykhaylo Mudryk

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
To be fair, Vinicius Jr used to be pretty shite for Real too. Until he suddenly bursted into form.
To be fair even when his finishing was woeful you could see a player in there. I don't see it with this guy. It's not like he was blowing teams away in Ukraine week in week out either

Unam333

To be fair even when his finishing was woeful you could see a player in there. I don't see it with this guy. It's not like he was blowing teams away in Ukraine week in week out either
If he was, he would be a soldier, not a footballer.

Still young, has at least one tremendous assets (his speed), but the PL is a very demanding league and fans are impatient and not so forgiving. He comes across like a knob, so I really don't care how his career pans out.

Judas

Open to offers
One of the weirdest signings I can remember. The insane from nowhere hype was unbelievable, people acting like he was some once in a life time talent, and he's been a total nothing player.

Oranges038

On a technical level he's not a good enough player, he also doesn't seem to have a good football brain.

He's fast, that's about it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He was rated as a more promising talent than Bellingham at some point by my Chelsea supporting coworker.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I just want to know what the people who had those views were smoking, because there was a insane amount of noise out of nowhere about him.
Huge transfer fee, young age and Youtube compilations did wonder to inflate people's expectation towards a player. Although to be fair I used to get excited over Bebe compilations too. Granted I was a teenager, dumb, and followed IndyKaila twitter account until somebody exposed him being a fake journalist by the name of Inderpal Singh who lived in his mums basement.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
One of the weirdest signings I can remember. The insane from nowhere hype was unbelievable, people acting like he was some once in a life time talent, and he's been a total nothing player.
Yeah, I think it was after a couple of UCL group stage performances last season for Shaktar where he scored a couple of great (Bale-esque iirc some of the posts on here) goals, albeit seemingly on the counter where he could utilise his pace to the fullest. Then the hype went into overdrive. Or well, that was when i first really noticed/heard of him.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Same excuses are always made for him. He really should go out on loan next season.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
Reminds me of our very own flop lazar markovic. Should’ve stuck with short distance sprinting at school rather than diversifying into football.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Loan him out. Sell him. I don't care because whatever they're doing with him isn't helping him or us.

Captmfla

Reminds me of our very own flop lazar markovic. Should’ve stuck with short distance sprinting at school rather than diversifying into football.
Liverpool has their very own Bruno. Bruno Cheyrou if I remember correctly. He scored a few good goals!

To be fair, Lazar was not bought in with huge expectation and his performance wasn't that bad so Lazar can be considered slightly below par value but not a flop.

Mudryk in my opinion still has some potential. If he's lucky, he can score double digits in the league in a single season.

Last edited:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Loan him out. Sell him. I don't care because whatever they're doing with him isn't helping him or us.
It will be hard to sell him cosnidering he still has about 9 years left on is contract on big wages

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Thought from the moment I saw him he looked bang average. Doesn’t have the technical ability of a top player.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It will be hard to sell him cosnidering he still has about 9 years left on is contract on big wages
So loan him and keep loaning until he has a good 6 months then strike while the iron is hot and cash in.

I like the guy and I hope he has a decent career but we’re not doing him any favours bringing him off the bench once every 3 weeks and giving him the occasional start once every 2 months.

AFC NimbleThumb

His wages aren't particularly crazy for a Chelsea player. Around 100k a week.

Still a feckload but won't be much of an issue re selling or loaning him.
Loaning no but £100k over 7 remaining years is a lump sum he’s not going to walk away from.

It’d be any settlement figure should be leave that would be the issue.

Also, are we really believing he took £100k over 8 years instead of say £150k over 5 years with Arsenal? I’d suggest his wage will be heavily incentivised on top of the £100k a week & his representatives will take those in to account too.

Loaning him out with his wages covered would be a win at this point. Different situation but similar to the shite we’ll face with Antony.

Tarrou

Feel sorry for him. To me it’s obvious he’s got some talent but he’s made the worst move imaginable for his career

Judas

Open to offers
Feel sorry for him. To me it’s obvious he’s got some talent but he’s made the worst move imaginable for his career
You could say that about plenty of Chelsea's signings really, that many promising youngsters all thrown together in a hodgepodge side, with a underwhelming manager, its going about as well as you'd expect right now.

Ricardo de la Vega

I think he's got some talent hidden in there somewhere. Just massive expectation given the move and the price tag etc.

Paul_Pogba

His hype coincided with the start of the Ukraine war, I'm sure that also had a lot to do with it. The whole saga is just weird af

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
What talent does he have, aside from being a rapid sprinter? What does he bring to the left wing that someone equally rapid like a kyle walker wouldn’t bring? He isn’t much of a dribbler, his touch is average, his footballing brain is mediocre, he can’t cross and he can’t shoot with any degree of accuracy. And he’s mentally extremely weak to boot. And cost 80m. He is a colossal flop.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think he's got some talent hidden in there somewhere. Just massive expectation given the move and the price tag etc.
I think we could see something if he got consistent game time. I've seen it in him, the confidence grows, the chemistry and understanding with teammates grows, when he gets 3-4 starts in a row. There's something there, but I've accepted now that we will never get to see it at Chelsea.

I'd prefer to bin Sterling and start Mudryk for the rest of the season but clearly Poch doesn't trust him and Potter didn't trust him, and so you have a situation where he's barely getting any minutes and when he does he looks rusty as feck.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What talent does he have, aside from being a rapid sprinter? What does he bring to the left wing that someone equally rapid like a kyle walker wouldn’t bring? He isn’t much of a dribbler, his touch is average, his footballing brain is mediocre, he can’t cross and he can’t shoot with any degree of accuracy. And he’s mentally extremely weak to boot. And cost 80m. He is a colossal flop.
£62m

Rossa

He's supposedly very fast, but I've not seen him being other-wordly in that regard - fast sure, but not one that will blow you away by his speed. Dan James was a fair bit faster, for instance. Which sort of leads me to this, how is Mudryk a better footballer than James? Timo Werner is at loan to Tottenham - is Mudryk even better than Werner?

He looks like one of those players that were hyped by their speed, arrives in the PL, discovers that players in the PL cope well with fast players because most defenders today are really good athletes, and then if you don't have extraordinary strength coupled with that speed, like Valencia for instance (who also had a sublime first touch), or you can dribble yourself out of phone booth filled with 10 elephants, you will struggle. Mudryk isn't particularly strong, and he certainly doesn't appear to excel at dribbling or playing in tight areas.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
This is splitting hairs.

Fine, the upfront fee is 62 with 26 in add-ons and I’d assume these will never be achieved in full considering he’s rubbish and you’re unlikely to win the CL anytime soon, but even with those caveats I’d assume you’ll cross the 70m barrier and that’s before you factor in 8 years’ worth of wages. It’s a disastrous acquisition.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This is splitting hairs.

Fine, the upfront fee is 62 with 26 in add-ons and I’d assume these will never be achieved in full considering he’s rubbish and you’re unlikely to win the CL anytime soon, but even with those caveats I’d assume you’ll cross the 70m barrier and that’s before you factor in 8 years’ worth of wages. It’s a disastrous acquisition.
It is a disastrous signing, but I think we can make that point easily without embellishing the fee

whitbyviking

Loaning no but £100k over 7 remaining years is a lump sum he’s not going to walk away from.

It’d be any settlement figure should be leave that would be the issue.

Also, are we really believing he took £100k over 8 years instead of say £150k over 5 years with Arsenal? I’d suggest his wage will be heavily incentivised on top of the £100k a week & his representatives will take those in to account too.

Loaning him out with his wages covered would be a win at this point. Different situation but similar to the shite we’ll face with Antony.
Whether his current level is a reflection or not if his ceiling, he is looking like a massive flop, worse than Anthony by quite a margin. I’d be worried if I was a Chelsea fan, like we are with Anthony.

Anthony is almost 2yrs into a 5yr contract, which is enough to make your butthole clench, Mudryk is just under 1.5yrs into an 8yr contract, which is enough to make that butthole snap shut

redshaw

He does have talent, not just speed but he's also a young idiot that needed to be in a better place and have good guidance, said it from the start. I feel he could come good in his mid 20s. Hard to say what level he can perform at.

AFC NimbleThumb

Whether his current level is a reflection or not if his ceiling, he is looking like a massive flop, worse than Anthony by quite a margin. I’d be worried if I was a Chelsea fan, like we are with Anthony.

Anthony is almost 2yrs into a 5yr contract, which is enough to make your butthole clench, Mudryk is just under 1.5yrs into an 8yr contract, which is enough to make that butthole snap shut
Arguing over who has been the bigger flop between Antony & Mudryk kind of feels like arguing over who cleans out the litter tray & who takes the dog out for his last ‘toilet’ of the day.

For both clubs, these transfers are going to be awfully difficult to get away from.

Robbie Boy

Arguing over who has been the bigger flop between Antony & Mudryk kind of feels like arguing over who cleans out the litter tray & who takes the dog out for he’s last ‘toilet’ of the day.

For both clubs, these transfers are going to be awfully difficult to get away from.
Yup, both have been absolutely horrendous signings.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Arguing over who has been the bigger flop between Antony & Mudryk kind of feels like arguing over who cleans out the litter tray & who takes the dog out for he’s last ‘toilet’ of the day.

I'd rather have an awful signing with 3 years left on his deal than 6.5 years though.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I’ve got a bridge in central london to sell you.

So he signed for you for £62m on £100k a week for 8 years as opposed to Arsenal on £150 for 5 years. . .
That was what was reported. I'm not here to tell you what to believe.

I don't think Arsenal's wage offer was 150k either. According the Shakhtar CEO, it was less than the wage we gave him but not by much.

TheReligion

Abusive
Unless you think we will win a title or CL in the next couple of years, I think we're pretty safe calling it a £62m deal.
What’s the breakdown of the extra £26m?

Just saw £88.5m as the quoted figure on all the main outlets. 8/9 year deal?

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
It is a disastrous signing, but I think we can make that point easily without embellishing the fee
The fee isn’t being embellished. What’s happening here is in typical embarrassed fan style you’re downplaying the quoted fee for a dud.

The quoted fee is £62m upfront with £26m in add-ons.

Unless you have access to his contract you and I have no idea what proportion of the add-ons are achievable.

So let’s dispense with all this embellishment business. He cost £88.5m. Which may or may not be paid in full, depending on how good or bad shaktar’s negotiators were in making the add-ons achievable.

Looking are how prone boehly is to getting fleeced by whoever he enters into negotiation with, I’d assume the eventually fee will approach 80m unless you can find some fool to take him off your hands soon.

Mike Smalling

I think Mudryk looks like a better player than Antony. He has at least contributed something to Chelsea in the league this year. Antony has only managed to get a G/A contribution vs. Newport.

It's only the length of the deal that makes Mudryk a worse signing than Antony.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The fee isn’t being embellished. What’s happening here is in typical embarrassed fan style you’re downplaying the quoted fee for a dud.

The quoted fee is £62m upfront with £26m in add-ons.

Unless you have access to his contract you and I have no idea what proportion of the add-ons are achievable.

So let’s dispense with all this embellishment business. He cost £88.5m. Which may or may not be paid in full, depending on how good or bad shaktar’s negotiators were in making the add-ons achievable.

Looking are how prone boehly is to getting fleeced by whoever he enters into negotiation with, I’d assume the eventually fee will approach 80m unless you can find some fool to take him off your hands soon.
I'm so far beyond embarrassed, you wouldn't believe it. I could not care less if Mudryk's fee was £62m or £100m. We have bigger problems than that. I'm telling you what was reported. The add-ons are tied to Chelsea winning the PL and CL, which we're in no danger of doing any time soon.