Mykhaylo Mudryk

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Just go out on loan. Either to Juventus, Spain or even Arsenal to get some game time. Odegaard got the game time while on loan at Arsenal back then as well.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I have no opinion in the general discussion, I just have a general idea that Mudryk is very fast and Konate also is pretty fast, however, as it’s fun to have opinions on twiddli g small stuff I watched the clip and have to say that what I see is one player in blue who sprints double the distance and at the higher pace for 90% of the time, and that the two players have similar speed the last 10% of the distance and the player in red uses his body to outmuscle and slow down the player in blue the last two metres. At no point does the player in red look to me as running faster, and if I were to guess at their general speeds solely based on that clip, I would think the blue player is significantly faster than tje red both over shorter and larger sprint distances. Just how it looks to me, mate
Perfect description.

Really bizarre clip to try to use to make the argument that Konate is faster than Mudryk.

Konate is fast but nearly every premier league CB is getting to this ball before the attacker given where the two start on the pitch. Being able to do that is like a minimum requirement for being a CB in top level football.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It would be really interesting to see how he would've done if he'd joined Arsenal instead of Chelsea.
Edu has good business relationship with Chelsea and brought in both Jorginho and Kai Havertz, so anything can happen.

Robbie Boy

He has been cooking a lot for Ukraine recently. His pace and ball movement reminds me so much of Mbappe. Pochettino needs to put faith in him, there is a world class talent in there even though he has been poor for chelsea.
Always remember, this was a real life, actual post.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's what an m3p player was in 2012. Yes you can still play music with it but it's outdated and not as good as you thought when you first purchased it.

RoyH1

how many decades does his contract run?
I think the brilliant, gifted geniuses who came to disrupt the arcaic structures of European football (sorry, soccer) gave him a contract that runs out in ..... 2031.

But hey, he'll be only 29 then.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One of the worst players in the league. The guy had about 10 good games for Shakhtar before being signed for ridiculous amounts

Mike Smalling

I only watched the first half yesterday, but he seemed to just drift around without really getting involved. Sometimes you'd see Gallagher where Mudryk was supposed to be. He delivered a few dangerous corners though.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He's what an m3p player was in 2012. Yes you can still play music with it but it's outdated and not as good as you thought when you first purchased it.
I always wondered who this player was when both Arsenal and Chelsea were in a transfer battle.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's one of those players that is an athlete first and a footballer second. Some people you can train into becoming a relatively good footballer that plays to their strengths. Put him in a counter attacking side that just plays through balls to him and he'll be fine, just limit his time on the ball.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
He's one of those players that is an athlete first and a footballer second. Some people you can train into becoming a relatively good footballer that plays to their strengths. Put him in a counter attacking side that just plays through balls to him and he'll be fine, just limit his time on the ball.
Hey, Theo got a 100+ goals like that for us.

In all seriousness, Mudyrk's best day is probably Theo's worst. And Walcott was an IMMENSELY frustrating, limited player.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Hey, Theo got a 100+ goals like that for us.

In all seriousness, Mudyrk's best day is probably Theo's worst. And Walcott was an IMMENSELY frustrating, limited player.
Yeah. Theo had some brilliant moments where he looked unstoppable at least. Think Barca was afraid of him.
Mudryk is feared by no one.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
You think if Mudryk went to Arsenal, and Trossard to Chelsea, the latter would still look like the better player?
Yes.

Technically proficient players like Trossard will always do well to some degree even if the situation around them isn't great. The mess at Chelsea hasn't stopped Palmer from showing his quality for example and Trossard had already shown this same level in this league at Brighton. Mudryk may have fared better at Arsenal than he has with Chelsea but his flaws are so stark that I can't imagine they'd just vanish because he's in a more stable team.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Didn't I read somewhere that he was billed as a future balloon d'or winner?
De Zerbi said it.

Speaking at a press conference ahead of Brighton's game against Arsenal, De Zerbi told reporters: "Mudryk is a fantastic player, but Brighton can't buy him.

"I think Mudryk can win the Ballon d'Or in the future. I know the value of Mudryk."

Rojofiam

Yes.

Technically proficient players like Trossard will always do well to some degree even if the situation around them isn't great. The mess at Chelsea hasn't stopped Palmer from showing his quality for example and Trossard had already shown this same level in this league at Brighton. Mudryk may have fared better at Arsenal than he has with Chelsea but his flaws are so stark that I can't imagine they'd just vanish because he's in a more stable team.
I think Arteta and Arsenal would've made a good player out of him. Way better than what we've seen so far at Chelsea.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Mudryk is a bit of a cautionary tale. He probably is coming out of the Ukrainian league a tiny bit late and way overpriced. If he was worth a punt, and he may well have been, it should have been for about 20 mil a year or two earlier...maybe by a Brighton or a club like that. Instead he comes in without any real test at this cost and a pile of pressure on him.

Also, Chelsea was the last of the top clubs he should have gone to. He needed a stable environment where he would be slotted in.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
De Zerbi said it.

Speaking at a press conference ahead of Brighton's game against Arsenal, De Zerbi told reporters: "Mudryk is a fantastic player, but Brighton can't buy him.

"I think Mudryk can win the Ballon d'Or in the future. I know the value of Mudryk."
More commonly known as Peplighting.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
That is extremely harsh on Pepe
Pepe was actually good. He did not fit Artetas system and lost possession many times but he was productive.
He was made a scrapegoat majorly because of his price.

With Mudryk I don't see what Arteta/Edu saw to be willing to spend 70m on him. Sure he has some good traits but has glaring holes in his game aswell. But then I had the same opinion of Havertz and they are making it work to the point no one questions his price now so what do I know.

Rojofiam

He's essentially the white Nicolas Pépé
Well, Arsenal had a serious interest in Mudryk under Arteta, but they binned Pepe without much hesitation.

If Mudryk had good decision-making and finishing, he would be a star like Palmer has been for them.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
De Zerbi said it.

Chelsea should hire him just because of this comment and have him make it work. Give him a contract till 2031 if they have to.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
If Mudryk had good decision-making and finishing, he would be a star like Palmer has been for them.
If i was good enough to be a professional footballer for a good team i'd be a professional football player for a good team.

Good decision making, aka football intelligence, and finishing are two rather crucial things. Mudryk is more of a freestyler with insane pace, but he just doesn't have anything else.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

You forgot to add crossing to that list of caveats. That free kick in the last minute at Wembley was hilariously bad but I genuinely didn't expect much else from Mudryk in that moment.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
With Mudryk I don't see what Arteta/Edu saw to be willing to spend 70m on him. Sure he has some good traits but has glaring holes in his game aswell. But then I had the same opinion of Havertz and they are making it work to the point no one questions his price now so what do I know.
Havertz at least was experienced at this level and has a CL on his resume. You could justify the price tag to some extent. But Mudryk at that price, from the Ukrainian league, was always a huge punt.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Pepe was actually good. He did not fit Artetas system and lost possession many times but he was productive.
He was made a scrapegoat majorly because of his price.

Arteta/Edu so far have a very good record of player acquisition, so I will still give Mudryk the benefit of the doubt. Trossard has been brilliant for Arsenal as plan B.