Nabil Fekir

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbs235

Wow , the dippers are creating a decent team here, all they need now is a keeper and a CB and they will challenge city for the league
It's a bit worrying, which keepers and centre-backs have they been linked to?

Yagami

Good post resistant
You could make a case for Fabinho as a Matic backup, but we don't really have space for a #10. No need for meltdowns here.
I think he'd have been the perfect compliment to Pogba and Matic as he can easily play as an 8, too. Also, as a 10, he's capable of not only playmaking but being a huge goal threat, and when you look at our squad we are severely lacking consistent goalscorers.

He'd have been perfect because in the tougher games, he can play deeper as he's more the good enough defensively, has great close control to help us keep our composure from pressing teams (which is something we lack atm when trying to get out of our half), and can still make a difference up front. And in the "easier" games, he could have played further forwards as a SS (similar to Rooney and Tevez in 08) to an excellent standard.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Find it funny that praising another teams signing is a meltdown
There is praising other teams signings then there is posts crying about the team liverpool are going to have with sad faces ect. Jog on.

also
They are a CB and a GK away from a very good team, quite annoying!
Mini meltdown? When will the full meltdown commence? After the sign a CB and GK? :lol:

luke511

Why would they sell him just before a world cup? Stupid on so many levels.

Wino1

There is praising other teams signings then there is posts crying about the team liverpool are going to have with sad faces ect. Jog on.
Who’s crying?

The sad face I put was because I won’t be able to enjoy him playing for Lyon next season. Nothing to do with a meltdown.

Andersons Dietician

I wouldn't say that they are the same ilk, Fékir has not only played as a striker but with Lacazette they were more a combination striker/second striker than anything else. Fékir is a good all around player, so in theory you could use him almost anywhere but his best role is an hybrid 10/second striker.
Sorry by same ilk I was just meaning they are players you would think are more suited as attackers or in the final 3rd, yet Liverpool played Countinho in a midfield 3 so don’t see why they would have a problem deploying Fekir in a similar fashion.
To be honest isn’t that where Firminho actually use to play at times for Hoffenheim so they may even put Fekir up top and put Firminho in there. Will be intresting to see if it all works. Don’t imagine they’ll start the season with that trio but more of a gradual progression towards it.

Was reading today they are after Oblak, if they pull that off then I may start to panic a little bit as he’s really the only keeper I would say is close to DeGea but heard he has a crazy buyout of 88mil or something.

Last edited:

Summit

Who’s crying?

The sad face I put was because I won’t be able to enjoy him playing for Lyon next season. Nothing to do with a meltdown.
Well you are quite annoyed apparently. Not crying, but being annoyed is a form of melting down, no?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
But Keita is hardly defensively great isn't he? In PL, you can't play with two attacking oriented midfielders most of the time. The reason why Liverpool's front three worked so brilliantly because the the three behind them did all the dirty work.

Mind you, I'm basing this on the assumption that Keita isn't great defensively.
Tbf, Pep set league records playing Silva and De bruyne in midfield in front of a lone DM. Fabinho is their DM obviously, Keita is very much a box to box then theyll have a #10 playing to complete the midfield 3 basically. It's a pretty standard midfield 3 I'd say. 1 defensive, 1 box to box and the other attacking. Its more about system in place anyway. The way Klopp likes to play, fabinho and Keita will slot in perfectly I'd say, for Fekir I'm not sure how he is with his work rate off the ball though to help with their pressing.

Also I doubt theyll use all 4 of mane, firmino, salah and fekir in big games. Theyll probably through a more defensive mid in there, though it's probably more then fine for the majority of other games sadly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He will be Sanchez' bitch next season. Quote me.

Robbie Boy

You could make a case for Fabinho as a Matic backup, but we don't really have space for a #10. No need for meltdowns here.
Aye, there’s no need but some on here seem to think Liverpool are going to suddenly become world beaters.

Summit

God has spoken

bosnian_red

Who does he knock out of their team?
Chamberlain who tore his ACL (who also replaced Coutinho, so more directly for Coutinho). Keita comes in for Wijnaldum or Can, Fabinho in for Henderson. So all like for like basically, though a huge increase in quality. Saving grace is that usually takes players a bit to adapt to Klopps midfield demands, and a whole new midfield 3 will take time to gel and sometimes it just doesnt. But on paper, it is very strong sadly.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Who was the last player to come out of the French league and do anything of note? Honest question and not a dig at Fekir but I honestly couldn't think of anyone since Hazard, Lacazette went to Arsenal last summer and wasn't anything amazing for example

Summit

Who was the last player to come out of the French league and do anything of note? Honest question and not a dig at Fekir but I honestly couldn't think of anyone since Hazard, Lacazette went to Arsenal last summer and wasn't anything amazing for example
Marhez?

Rooney1987

I doubt Klopp will drop Henderson that quickly he does trust him and is Liverpools club captain.

Wino1

Well you are quite annoyed apparently. Not crying, but being annoyed is a form of melting down, no?
I’m disappointed I won’t be able to see him in a Lyon shirt next season, not exactly what I’d define as a meltdown.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Hate seeing rivals signing such great young players. Obviously we can’t have everyone but it doesn’t stop the jealousy in moments like this.

Summit

I’m disappointed I won’t be able to see him in a Lyon shirt next season, not exactly what I’d define as a meltdown.
You are angry that Liverpool are building a team you consider worthy, I consider that a bit of a meltdown. Why you angry? Why do you give a feck?

bosnian_red

Ibrahimovic technically, though he was proven world class his entire career everywhere so not quite the same. Not many big signings directly from France to the premier league though. Dembele had a good season for Rennes I think then a great one at Dortmund right away. Mbappe obviously out of nowhere to brilliant. Bernardo Silva is a squad player for now for City but his quality is obvious IMO. Lacazette and Bakayoko the only other high profile signings, bakayoko was pretty trash from the start imo while Lacazette started off shit then picked up but was part of a shambolic arsenal side and isnt a special player individually anyway.

Cant think of any other bigger signings.

Andersons Dietician

Ibrahimovic technically, though he was proven world class his entire career everywhere so not quite the same. Not many big signings directly from France to the premier league though. Dembele had a good season for Rennes I think then a great one at Dortmund right away. Mbappe obviously out of nowhere to brilliant. Bernardo Silva is a squad player for now for City but his quality is obvious IMO. Lacazette and Bakayoko the only other high profile signings, bakayoko was pretty trash from the start imo while Lacazette started off shit then picked up but was part of a shambolic arsenal side and isnt a special player individually anyway.

Cant think of any other bigger signings.
@charlenefan Kante. Mendy started well until his injury.

Wino1

You are angry that Liverpool are building a team you consider worthy, I consider that a bit of a meltdown. Why you angry? Why do you give a feck?
I love that fact you can tell I’m angry from a few posts praising the squad they are assembling.

I give as much of a feck about them assembling a decent squad as you seem to about me being “angry”.

Summit

I love that fact you can tell I’m angry from a few posts praising the squad they are assembling.

I give as much of a feck about them assembling a decent squad as you seem to about me being “angry”.
You said it was quite annoying. :lol: Sorry dude, but I'm only going off what you posted. You do know what other words for annoyed are btw?

gajender

This is not a criticism but a general observation beginning next season Liverpool could field starting eleven consisting of 8 players bought by Klopp and one he promoted from the academy that is if they don't replace Lovern so basically a whole new team so to speak , ignoring the net spend and the budget compared to other top clubs it is completely his own team players he choose so would he come under pressure if he again fail to challenge for the league.

Infra-red

I think he'd have been the perfect compliment to Pogba and Matic as he can easily play as an 8, too. Also, as a 10, he's capable of not only playmaking but being a huge goal threat, and when you look at our squad we are severely lacking consistent goalscorers.

He'd have been perfect because in the tougher games, he can play deeper as he's more the good enough defensively, has great close control to help us keep our composure from pressing teams (which is something we lack atm when trying to get out of our half), and can still make a difference up front. And in the "easier" games, he could have played further forwards as a SS (similar to Rooney and Tevez in 08) to an excellent standard.
Not for me. Pogba needs 4-3-3, Fekir excels in 4-2-3-1. If we want to see the very best of Pogba, we need a passer and an energetic ball-winner (we just signed the latter).

Bwuk

Makes me wonder if Salah is going to leave.

I don’t see them dropping Henderson, he’s the captain. For the money they’ve spent Fabinho and Keita will definatley start, with Lallana, Wijnaldum, Milner and Ox providing cover.

Fabinho/Fekir/Keita must be in the region of £150m or so, and I would imagine they’ll be after another CB, GK and a full back to provide cover.

Don’t see Liverpool spending £300m without some sales.

DownRiver

Is it not a risk to play Kieta, Fabhinho and Fekir in midfield together? It's their first season in the premier league after all. One is bound to flop out of 3. If they get all 3 signings right and the front 3 stay, then they deserve any trophy. They are bound to get a major trophy after a long spell without one.

Going from Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner to Kieta, Fabinho and Fekir? I didn't think potentially they could get that much better than last season; it seems like it almost certainly will.

Matic, Pogba and Fred in midfield are on paper better than those trio-but a certain system can make players look better than they really are. Pogba needs to step up and Fred needs to make an impact season (can't keep giving players couple seasons to adjust).

Infra-red

Makes me wonder if Salah is going to leave.

I don’t see them dropping Henderson, he’s the captain. For the money they’ve spent Fabinho and Keita will definatley start, with Lallana, Wijnaldum, Milner and Ox providing cover.

Fabinho/Fekir/Keita must be in the region of £150m or so, and I would imagine they’ll be after another CB, GK and a full back to provide cover.

Don’t see Liverpool spending £300m without some sales.
They sold Coutinho, for a fee that could rise to £142m.

Summit

Yes and not one of them is angry :lol:
annoyed, angry, whatever. All good words for meltdown related hysterical bollocks that is being spouted about the shite signing a player

Yagami

Good post resistant
Relax, no need to interrogate the man :D
Not for me. Pogba needs 4-3-3, Fekir excels in 4-2-3-1. If we want to see the very best of Pogba, we need a passer and an energetic ball-winner (we just signed the latter).
I've only seen Fred in the two games vs City in the CL but I had him down as a more of a passer than a ball-winner. He reminded me a lot of Pjanic in said games but, again, that's me only basing it off two games!

As for Fekir excelling in a 4-2-3-1, I don't disagree, but I think he could be just as good in a 4-3-3, too. There's no point in me going on about how I'd have liked to have seen him line-up for us now, though. We just have to hope I'm wrong about him and he doesn't do well for the Scousers!

Bwuk

Is it not a risk to play Kieta, Fabhinho and Fekir in midfield together? It's their first season in the premier league after all. One is bound to flop out of 3. If they get all 3 signings right and the front 3 stay, then they deserve any trophy. They are bound to get a major trophy after a long spell without one.

Going from Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner to Kieta, Fabinho and Fekir? I didn't think potentially they could get that much better than last season; it seems like it almost certainly will.

Matic, Pogba and Fred in midfield are on paper better than those trio-but a certain system can make players look better than they really are. Pogba needs to step up and Fred needs to make an impact season (can't keep giving players couple seasons to adjust).
Whilst I don’t think Liverpool’s midfield 3 individually were anything special last season, they were extremely effective as a unit in winning possession and getting the ball forward quickly to the front 3.

Will the new 3 be better at that, or are Liverpool going to change their style of play?

Status
Not open for further replies.