g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Naby Keita

Mister_Stubbs

1. It will mend
2. Because he didn't want to
3. Because they want him for their UCL campaign. Although hopefully they go out early and let him join in January
1) we said the same about Shaw
2) -
3) they won't, he'll sign July 1st if that's what's been agreed.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Real lack of ambition from Keita here. Trying to secure his move now whilst his stock is somewhat high. He obviously doesn't fancy progressing even further with Leipzig this season and attracting the attention of some of the top clubs next summer. I'd genuinely be worried with his mentality if I was a Liverpool fan. He knew Liverpool would be in for him again next season if he maintained his form, but he's taking the safe option now.
lol. sour grapes.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Real lack of ambition from Keita here. Trying to secure his move now whilst his stock is somewhat high. He obviously doesn't fancy progressing even further with Leipzig this season and attracting the attention of some of the top clubs next summer. I'd genuinely be worried with his mentality if I was a Liverpool fan. He knew Liverpool would be in for him again next season if he maintained his form, but he's taking the safe option now.
:lol:

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I'd agree if he was coming straight in to play but I myself wouldn't want to tempt fate with signing a player for a years time.
We're not great at transfers and struggle to get things over the line. We still need to get VVD done as well as Lemar and extending Emre's deal. It's a great boost cause Keita is absolutely fantastic by every measure and metric but there's still a lot of work left to be done before now and Thursday. I just hope this isn't good news cause we aren't going to do anything else that's the FSG cynic in me. But I said in June I'll judge after the window and I'll wait. I've derided them enough for the past 7 years and this window to date.

Red Star One

Quite surprised he agreed for this deal. Would be even more lovely to see Pool missing out on CL next season :lol:

Great business by them it seems

ottosec

What a weird transfer. Why would the player commit to Liverpool now if he's gonna sign only next summer, when he can wait and probably have bigger clubs in for him then?

And if the player only wants Liverpool, why pay more now when they can buy him for 48m next summer?

starman

Strange agreeing to it now, but i guess there must be break clauses, e.g if Liverpool dont get into the CL next season or Keita suffers a bad injury

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Is this that one time it's okay to hope for long term injury, just cause it's Liverpool?

Fer

Good deal for Liverpool.
It wouldn't be a bad idea if we do the same with Griezmann.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
Taken from SkySports
BREAKING NEWS

We understand Liverpool have sealed a club-record deal for Naby Keita that will see him join the club on July 1 2018.
Liverpool have triggered the £48m release clause in his contract with RB Leipzig that becomes active next summer.
On top of that Liverpool will pay a premium to finalise the deal now.
This is most certainly a weird one, has anybody heard of a release clause being delayed, and a club having to pay a 'premium' in addition?
I wonder what the total price is.

cj_sparky

RB Leipzig turned down £70m to accept £48m to allow it to happen next year :confused:

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Fantastic signing. Especially given that the AFCON has been moved to summer so African players won't be doing a bunk mid season like Mane did last season, and possibly Salah, Mane, Keita and Matip could have the following one.

If he's a Can replacement he's a big improvement. Not sure how reliable the Lemar stuff is but he'd be a decent Coutinho replacement.

A quality CB and GK and Liverpool will be a force to be reckoned with. I think they already have the GK in Ward. Just needs games.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Keita's wasnt active till next summer
Yes but Liverpool came to an agreement with RB Leipzig. It's highly unlikely Atletico is willing to play ball with us this summer which is why it isn't happening.

Maybe if we pay a so called "premium" of say 10m, but that'd be a complete waste since we can get him for the release clause amount next summer

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
RB Leipzig turned down £70m to accept £48m to allow it to happen next year :confused:
Yeah, it sounds weird, but apparently we're paying an undisclosed premium on top of the buy out clause. And then it makes sense. RBL knew he was leaving next summer anyway, and this way they still get some extra dough and we pay extra to ensure the signing.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Good deal for Liverpool.
It wouldn't be a bad idea if we do the same with Griezmann.
Very risky - if the player damages his ACL your money is as good as gone. Guess Liverpool is thinking Keita will have a better season and other clubs would be in contention for his signature.

Huge risk but worth it if all goes fine !

flappyjay

It's smart business they know if they wait for next year there will be a bunch of clubs trying to get him with his clause at 48m

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
The salt is real in here.

Fantastic signing, he's had a medical because you're legally obliged to upon signing a contract apparently.

Get VVD and Lemar in by Thursday and I'll really start to dream.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
If klopp would make up with Sakho they wouldn't have to splash out on cb too. He showed at palace he can be dominant
That's what I've been thinking too, Sakho is a pretty good CB, and I'd be less worried about the VVD saga if Klopp made up with Sakho. I don't think it'll happen though so the search for a CB continues.

We can't. His release clause isn't active until january
I'm sure you can, it's a matter of striking a deal. I'm guessing one or both parties don't want to do it.

Son Of Sam

Keita @£48m is a steal for Liverpool. He will improve their midfield immensely. I so much wanted Jose to buy him before the Matic deal. Keita is 22. A colossus in the midfield. He's the African Nainggolan.

Classical Mechanic

The salt is real in here.
Unless he has a burning desire to play for Liverpool then where is the sense in committing a season before when he has reasonable release clause kicking in? He should keep his option open as if he is as good as is being reported then he will get a better offer, either in terms of wages from Liverpool or in sporting and financial terms from a bigger club.

Jagga7

Real lack of ambition from Keita here. Trying to secure his move now whilst his stock is somewhat high. He obviously doesn't fancy progressing even further with Leipzig this season and attracting the attention of the top clubs next summer. I'd genuinely be worried with his mentality if I was a Liverpool fan. He knew Liverpool would be in for him again next season if he maintained his form, but he's taking the safe option now.
:lol::lol::lol: Great post, insulting Liverpool and Keita at the same time.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
France play on Thursday don't they?
So any signing of one of their players will be quite tricky unless done before deadline day (in relation to the Lemar rumors)

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Unless he has a burning desire to play for Liverpool then where is the sense in committing a season before when he has reasonable release clause kicking in? He should keep his option open as if he is as good as is being reported then he will get a better offer, either in terms of wages from Liverpool or in sporting and financial terms from a bigger club.
Maybe because he's joining a club that are on a clear upwards trajectory with a young, talented squad. Managed by a coach renown for developing players to the highest level.

And we've probably offered him 6 or 7 times what he's currently earning at Leipzig.