Nani | Contract & Transfer talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Stove

Doesn't look comfortable in the striker role which comes as no surprise really. Where else can he be played in this system? I guess as the number 10, but that's occupied by a host of better players. Unless we'll play a 4-3-3 there's not much use for him it seems.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
It's ridiculous how much he loses the ball these days (I mean in the past 24 months or so). Not by way of misplaced passes, over hit crosses or bad shots. I mean just by being dispossessed while casually dribbling. How can someone that fast, with his ball control skills, be dispossessed so often? It's infuriating. He annoys me more than Young or Valencia when he plays bad because he could be SO GOOD.

Lane

We should sell him and Young and move on really. Esp if we are to play 3-5-2.

Glanville95

He's been largely anonymous in both pre-season games and looks very disinterested. He might have the capacity to return to the level he was three or four years ago, but I think a fresh challenge is in order. From the players perspective, he needs a new challenge, as his game has become stale here.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I do wonder if he's just not happy here, though he did just sign back up for a long stint. I suppose we might have been offering a good bit more than anyone else would.

Plenty of athletes just see their sport as a job and don't enjoy it, perhaps he's one.

MoneyMay

According to The Mirror, Van Gaal isn't happy with his attitude. Realistically, if we're going to keep playing this formation, he can only play in two positions: as a #10 or as a centre-forward. Obviously he's going to be given a free role when playing up front, which is fine. However he is an alternative to Mata, Rooney, Van Persie, etc. for those roles. As for his performances thus far, he's been decent, but there's not enough urgency. He's not getting enough of the ball and his nonchalant style on the ball is annoying. He used to be more explosive and made decisions much quicker. I wouldn't be surprised if he is sold, though I would like to see him stay.

roseguy64

Would like him to stay also but if one were to judge how much he wants to stay by his willingness to put out maximum effort, he doesn't want to.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Not going into his performance level at the moment, he's probably rusty and got no form, but what annoys me more is how uninterested he looks and his general demeanour. I wonder whether the best for him wouldn't just to be to move on and have a new challenge elsewhere, I wonder whether there's not just too much history with us. A clean slate might be the best thing he could hope for.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
We should get rid of him right now, doesn't matter if we sell him lower than the price we think he's worth. It really is a pity, because it's not often that United gets a player like him; skillful, pacey, a wicked shot with either foot, and full of flair and tricks. It was clear that he possessed all the tools to be world class, except it seems the right attitude. Shame really.

Ekeke

I think if we get a good offer he should leave. But I still think Young should be pushed out first because if one of them is to stay it has to be Nani

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Carragher challenge ruined him. You can pretty much plot the descent from there.
Pretty much this, he's never been the same since, seems to have knocked all the self confidence out of him. I could understand that for a while, but I would have expected it to come back sooner rather than later. Of course it doesn't help being booed by your own fans at home. Maybe if he changed his name to RoNanildo it might help?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Surely an injury? Wasn't that bad to deserve a substitution after just 25 minutes...
Doubt he was injured. When all of our attacking players are subbed off at half time, the only way to get another one on is by removing someone who already came on as a sub.

Nani, like everyone else, is getting a clean sheet with the new manager. This is the third manager in a row who doesn't see him as part of our best XI. I wonder when the caftards who bemoaned the selection decisions of Fergie and Moyes regading Nani will finally accept that the issue might be the player rather than the manager?

Bojan11

I doubt it's the Carragher challenge. For Portugal at times he has looked good and more bothered. He's just a lazy fecker for us.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
If Van Gaal keeps playing him Arsenal and Juve will change their mind about having him as a makeweight. Keep him well hidden and use footage of that game against Arsenal in 2010

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I think if we get a good offer he should leave. But I still think Young should be pushed out first because if one of them is to stay it has to be Nani
Young is more versatile.

Nani is done here and needs to move for the good of his own career if nothing else. Quite what Moyes and co were thinking when they gave him a 5 year deal just last Summer is anyone's guess.

Ekeke

Yeah with Young doing as LVG likes according to his comments after the Roma game and his performance vs Inter I can see Young saving himself. Which makes it all the more likely Nani wont. His own performances arent helping

As for the contract, they were probably thinking... Lets get some money for Nani when he leaves? As opposed to not getting any

arthurka

He has been good since LVG came..
Same can not be said about Nani..

kopviolator

Young is more versatile.

Nani is done here and needs to move for the good of his own career if nothing else. Quite what Moyes and co were thinking when they gave him a 5 year deal just last Summer is anyone's guess.
If they had not giving him that deal then I guess he'd be out of contract by now. After all, it's business and I suppose tying him down to recoup some money from him is sensible.

Having said that I've been equally pleased with Young in these games as Nani has been shit.

OJKernow

Of the two wide players most likely to see the exit this summer (Nani and Young) it has been a complete contrast as to how they have gone about taking advantage of the 'clean slate'.

Young, despite all of his frustrations over the last couple of seasons has been playing well on the tour, he's adopting to a new system and appears to be giving everything he has to prove to LVG that he is good enough to keep around a little longer.

Nani on the other hand isn't showing us anything different to what he has done for the last few years. He has more raw ability and potential than both Young and Valencia but I have to say he looks the most likely to go now. It's a real shame as he has shown us glimpses in the past that he can be a top player. One of the only players in our squad capable of producing a bit of magic to win a game, I don't know whether it's a lack of self confidence or effort but he hasn't been right since about 2010/11.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He just doesn't give a feck, which is by far the most infuriating aspect of his whole decline.

His carelessness is so annoying to watch.

Get rid of the guy, he's never going to blossom again at OT.

Shark

@NotShark
I'm sorry to say this, as a poster that's backed him a lot, but it's best he moved on. His United career will always be something we look back on with confusion and disappointment IMO. When it all comes together for him, he's a real talent.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
In his 25 mins last night he was involved in both our best chances and played a good through ball to Zaha, all this coming from an unfamiliar position as a striker. In contrast, Hernandez came on and done nothing. Nani gets harshly judged again. He isn't getting involved enough which is what annoys me about him just now but there is still quality there, as seen with his 2 chances where he linked up with Kagawa and Fletcher. Still expect him to leave, and it's probably a good choice for his career.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
If they had not giving him that deal then I guess he'd be out of contract by now. After all, it's business and I suppose tying him down to recoup some money from him is sensible.

Having said that I've been equally pleased with Young in these games as Nani has been shit.
The new contract wasn't surprising. The length of it was.

Maldini's Hair

It's a shame because I always had high hopes for Nani and was sure he'd come good. Sadly, everything I used to like about him seems to have long since dissipated. I think it's time he went elsewhere.

Bojan11

Looks like he doesn't want to be here. And plays like he can't be arsed.

Cya.

caid

Looks like he doesn't want to be here. And plays like he can't be arsed.

Cya.
Would agree from previous matches, thought this one was marginally better - he broke into a jog once
Nah he was ok, but nowhere near enough to make up for previous matches or to make me want to keep him around.

Baxter

One thing that always impresses me, is that his first touch is immaculate. Hopefully we get a decent fee, because there is still a player there.

CallyRed

Nani will be off. Juve will probably want him for 1m, paid over 10 years

Raw

Sell him while he still has some value. I was hoping that he'll just burst back into his old form but it just hasn't happened.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Happy to sell *snifs* I was hoping he would come good, but I'm over it now

Status
Not open for further replies.