g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Nani | Contract & Transfer talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Likely to be on the chopping block, hopefully we get a decent fee for him. Shame really as he showed some real class at times, just never able to string it all together.

MoneyMay

Nani is surely going to be sold now? He doesn't look motivated enough. Out of all our players, he has disappointed the most IMO. It's not that he's not been decent, he has, but that's the problem. He's not bothered about dropping deep to collect the ball and involve himself. Ironically, the forward position - given his skillset - is a position that should allow him to express his excellent first touch and interplay. We've seen him play well before centrally (Aston Villa and Wigan in 11/12). It's disappointing.

NessunDorma

Can't even remember the last time he played well. Used to really love watching him, but his decline - if that's indeed what it is - has been Torres-esque.

FromTheBench

Nani is surely going to be sold now? He doesn't look motivated enough. Out of all our players, he has disappointed the most IMO. It's not that he's not been decent, he has, but that's the problem. He's not bothered about dropping deep to collect the ball and involve himself. Ironically, the forward position - given his skillset - is a position that should allow him to express his excellent first touch and interplay. We've seen him play well before centrally (Aston Villa and Wigan in 11/12). It's disappointing.
He has Torres'd.

That's the best way to describe it really.

Lost some his acceleration and pace and also some confidence as a result in his abilities.

Red Stone

The fact that he used to be so good makes his consistent level of shiteness all the more frustrating.

I've lost hope. Him and Anderson should be the first players out the door, providing anyone is stupid enough to take a punt on them.

kundalini

I thought he really good in his 25 mins on the pitch. Still expect him to leave.

Sam

Yeah, he can go. Nothing else to even add really.

Torres MKII

NMF

Was hoping he'd sign off with a screamer :(

markhrad

Yep I was hoping he would really show us what we will miss when he leaves but alas it appears that, in his mind, he has already left.
One of my favourites I wish him well wherever he turns up. If he is wise he will go to a team without a superstar, its not easy playing in rooney's shadow at Utd and then Ronaldo internationally.

beergod

I don't think he will be surprised when van Gaal tells him that he is surplus to requirements later this week.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I thought he really good in his 25 mins on the pitch. Still expect him to leave.
Not really sure what you're basing this on. Didn't really do anything of note I didn't think, apart from trying to dribble out of our penalty area and creating a chance for Liverpool (pretty sure it was him).

ThanksBoss26

Not really sure what you're basing this on. Didn't really do anything of note I didn't think, apart from trying to dribble out of our penalty area and creating a chance for Liverpool (pretty sure it was him).
It was. Absolutely bloody stupid from him.

Van Gaal said recently he likes footballers who play with their brains. I can't imagine he'd have been too impressed with Nani there!

Bojan11

It's ashame. I am baffled by this guy.

I remember last euros when Portugal played Spain and he was basically playing right wing back. Yet for us he has a lazy attitude about him.

I remember some idiot in the newbies who was arguing with me that Nani was better than Bale.

ThanksBoss26

To me he looked like he knows he's on his way. Shame - exasperating player sometimes, but also capable of brilliance.
Very true. It's the best time for all parties though. He needs a new challenge by the looks of things and the would barely feature for us, if at all, in this system.

Jacob

I'd be glad to see the back of him, for me and for him.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
It's ashame. I am baffled by this guy.

I remember last euros when Portugal played Spain and he was basically playing right wing back. Yet for us he has a lazy attitude about him.

I remember some idiot in the newbies who was arguing with me that Nani was better than Bale.
3 years ago, he was. Looks like it's all coming to an end for him at United now. Hopefully he can rejuvenate himself somewhere else.

Bojan11

3 years ago, he was. Looks like it's all coming to an end for him at United now. Hopefully he can rejuvenate himself somewhere else.
Even three years ago he wasn't. He got displaced by Valencia in the team, who played an important in our run up to winning the league and getting to a European final. Where as Bale got PFA player of the year for 10/11.

I recall this debate happened during after the 11/12 season though, where Nani was piss poor.

krazyrobus

Skill set wise he is better than Bale, brain wise, not even close.

Lance Uppercut

I am struggling to think of anything that Nani does better than Bale.

krazyrobus

Comfortably 2 footed player. Has been that way since he was 18, his close quarters dribbling i feel is better too.

Bwuk

Nani, like Anderson have both been disappointing. Huge natural talent, both have poor attitudes/mentality.

Sam

Nani, like Anderson have both been disappointing. Huge natural talent, both have poor attitudes/mentality.
One of the reasons we are in a mess is partly because of their failures imo. We bought them as the future of the team, and they've bothed failed to live up to it.

Djemba-Djemba

He definitely played last night like he either didn't want to be here or knew that the decision to sell him had already been made. Other than stupidly trying to dribble the ball out of danger in his own penalty area he was fine but there was a definite lack of energy from him.

To be honest the last time he was a worthwhile member of the squad was maybe 2011? Either way I hope we get a decent price for him. £10m plus.

Sam

He's just looks so sluggish these days. Used to breeze past players like they weren't there.

Shark

@NotShark
Nani has been better than Anderson though. A lot better. Anderson was a complete flop.

Irish-Red-7

I think time is up for Nani.. Would expect him to leave soon enough.

I still think he's still our best winger and would rather see Young/Valencia leave than him but Valencia signed that new deal and Young adaptability to the new system seems to mean Nani is off.

Cantona'sCollar

It is a real shame that he hasn't lived up to his potential. He was brilliant from the minute he came & was absolutely fantastic from mid 09/10 to his injury at the end of 10/11. By all accounts he seems like a great guy, too.

If he stays, I hope he breaks free of this Torres syndrome. If not, I wish him well & hope he does very well somewhere else - he has it in him to be one of the best wide players in the world & you wouldn't believe it if you only started watching him after 2012 (understandably).

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
If Van Gaal can't sort him out, nobody can. It's been baffling that Nani was allowed to stay to this day without being replaced by somebody who really gives a toss, but this is probably the end of the line for him at United.

There was a moment against Liverpool that to me sums up the Nani of today quite well: A Minute or so after his horrendous attempt at dribbling past an opponent in his own box and failing miserably, Nani got the ball on the flank with miles of space in front of him. He received the ball, stopped dead in his track and passed back. Instead of running into the open space, he still stood there. Got the ball again, didn't move and passed it right back, just to repeat it another time... either he didn't care at all or he was actually scared of doing anything with the ball. Not the attitude you need in a team trying to bounce back.

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien
I would've sold Nani before we sold Bebe. He just doesn't have it and he knows it too.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Anderson murked Gerrard and Fabregas early in his career. Not a complete flop.
A few good games in 7 years doesn't save him from being labelled a complete flop. For what was expected, what we paid and what we actually got in the end I don't see how Anderson could be seen as anything as a total failure. At least Nani gave us a year of consistently good performances.

MoneyMay

Just found this:

What a player he was in the first half of 11/12.

NMF

Where's everyone expecting him to go? Seems like Italy will be his best option no teams from Spain or Germany are chasing him.

Womp

idiot
Not sure if it was his injuries or a severe lack of confidence but he's lost that edge he had which use to make him so lethal and exciting to watch on his day. Don't think he'll ever return to how good he use to be, but with a fresh start I'm sure he can become a good player somewhere. This coming from one of his biggest admirers.

Status
Not open for further replies.