Nani | Contract & Transfer talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyMay

We must have been really terrible if most of you say he was good. Or I don't know what "decent", "well" and "good" mean. I do not expect anything from him on the pitch (well, he could leave the club with Anderson, we need to move on). Didn't you feel strange yesterday seeing him come off the bench? Seriously, we've tried that too many times. No. If we're going to rebuild the club, it should be done by selling Nani and Anderson.
You don't expect anything from him? Even though when he's poor, he's usually involved in some of our best attacking moments. Anyway, Nani and Januzaj were our only two attacking players in the second half who looked dangerous, when the exigencies of our team demanded it. Watch the video on the previous page, and that to me is what a decent/good performance resembles, though the video obviously doesn't show that he wasn't involved enough. In comparison to the way he's played for us in pre-season - with the exception of the LA Galaxy game - it was a massive improvement.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Considering he didn't play much in pre season he did well yesterday. I am all for getting rid, but he is our only real winger with skill and the only winger who can actually take on players (admittedley, he hasn't been performing for a while now) bar Januzaj, who too is understandably inconsistent.
So as long as we don't buy a quality winger, why get rid off him?

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
You don't expect anything from him? Even though when he's poor, he's usually involved in some of our best attacking moments.
Well, he an attacking player, you don't expect to see de Gea there, do you?

So as long as we don't buy a quality winger, why get rid off him?
But this is soooo wrong and made Anderson and Nani stay at the club so long, they both have started their 8th season at the club!

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

But this is soooo wrong and made Anderson and Nani stay at the club so long, they both have started their 8th season at the club!
Come on, Nani and Anderson are not comparable at all. While Nani shows what he can do from time to time, Anderson was only of any use in his first season.

MoneyMay

That's a terrible point. You're clutching at straws and you've completely ignored the context. Even though he's been average for the past two seasons, I still expect him to step up in crucial moments, which is one of his redeeming traits. His current status shouldn't matter to you in this thread. Having him and Anderson in the same category seems a bit desperate, and deflects attention away from a positive performance, IMO.

Womp

idiot
Don't want to get my hopes up from yesterday. He will probably go on a run of immense form for a few games now then randomly turn to shit again - that is considering he ever plays for us again.

justboy68

Looking at the video posted there's no way on Earth anyone can say with a straight face that wasn't a good cameo. In fact it shows that the statement about nothing coming from his runs was just a lie as he actually did something decent at the end of every single one of them. Most clips in that video involved Nani doing something good and then Rooney fecking it up. Of course the problem was always getting that kind of performance on a more consistent basis, but he never stood a chance when some people rewrite good performances like yesterday as bad ones. Shows you how good he must have been in 2011. I'm not sure we'll ever really see him at that level again though, here at least, so he should move on if we can get a decent fee along with many others so we can rejuvenate the squad.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
The irony with Nani is that he's the sort of player we'd struggled to sign. At times though you wonder what he's still doing at this club. (a general comment and nothing to do with the Swansea game)

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Come on, Nani and Anderson are not comparable at all. While Nani shows what he can do from time to time, Anderson was only of any use in his first season.
Nani hasn't done that for some good months (or even years... the Carragher tackle that ruined Nani career was 3,5 years ago). He's not being criticised only because he's not fat. It's true and you know it.

RedOldBoy

Wasted talent. He's got pace, we know he can dribble past players and although his decision making is bad he has delivered some fantastic crosses and assists over the years especially in the 2010/2011 campaign. Plus he has scored some memorable goals. It's a pity he was rarely used by Moyes and I hope he can show some potential with LVG, he's not quite the finished article and he can find his form... hopefully

Annahnomoss

I haven't seen him making as many good passes and decisions in a long time. 94% passing percentage and lost the ball very little as well. If he can just find the balance between confident dribbling/off the ball runs and this decision making I think he can have a role.

Januzaj lost the ball 7 times and had 67% passing accuracy which is absolutely horrible. Haven't seen Nani have a game with as poor decision making as that even, so hopefully LVG will give Nani slightly more freedom in regards to dribbling.

Oo0AahCantona

never seems to show his form for portugal with us. should have sold him to zenit for 24m 2 years ago, shame he asked for like 200k a week or something. Annoyingly you know if he was playing for arsenal he'd be mugging us off twice a season.

mark_a

Sell him. How long has he had to prove himself since he was looking like quite a prospect alongside Ronaldo? Has he ever really staked his claim on a starting place with convincing weekly, reliable performances? He's not really done anything to prove he can put in any level of consistent performances.

Where United is at the moment, we need players who can do the business now. The younger players can be given the time to prove themselves, the older experienced heads need to be delivering. Well, if we want to be up there with City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. We just can't afford to be
Whatever the stats said on Saturday, would he get a game for City or Chelsea?

Truedevil

I'd rather have someone like Lawrence or Lingard in the team than Nani. That says it all.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What a waste. Such outstanding ability and he can make the game look very simply, but his mentality is simply not that of a top player. If he had a real drive and determination every time he stepped out on the pitch, he'd be one of the top players around.

entropy

Don't want to get my hopes up from yesterday. He will probably go on a run of immense form for a few games now then randomly turn to shit again - that is considering he ever plays for us again.
Afraid this will happen too soon. I think he deserves a chance to prove himself under LvG since he was out injured last season. If we sell Nani, we will have adnan and Valencia as our only options for pace on the wings.

JSMHE

Afraid this will happen too soon. I think he deserves a chance to prove himself under LvG since he was out injured last season. If we sell Nani, we will have adnan and Valencia as our only options for pace on the wings.
I don't mind for giving him chances if he can give something, but he already had too much chances and this is his 8th seasons with us. Even Ji Sung Park 7 years with United already done way more than Nani. Ronaldo was 6 years with us had done even more.
I would like to keep Nani, but if there is an offer, we should listen to that offer. He has his chances already. And it's time for us to move on.

Though for another note. I actually still prefer to keep Nani than Kagawa and Chicharito since we already have too many strikers and no 10.

Hannibal

I'd rather have someone like Lawrence or Lingard in the team than Nani. That says it all.

This is nonsense!
Nani has been our best winger ever since Ronaldo left and no other winger comes close. We all want Rooney to be pampered to get the best out of him, how come no one extends such niceties to Nani?

Perhaps if he's English, he would be more respected. He played extremely well on Saturday. From what I saw, he deserves a start in our next game. Comments like yours show a lack of common sense.

JSMHE

This is nonsense!
Nani has been our best winger ever since Ronaldo left and no other winger comes close. We all want Rooney to be pampered to get the best out of him, how come no one extends such niceties to Nani?

Perhaps if he's English, he would be more respected. He played extremely well on Saturday. From what I saw, he deserves a start in our next game. Comments like yours show a lack of common sense.
I thought Valencia has done awesome and more consistent in his first three years.

SteveW

He played well on saturday. One of the very few attackers in the club that can run at defenders and beat them.

I'd rather have him in the squad than the 8-10 million we'd get for him.

roseguy64

I'd much sooner be rid of Anderson, Hernandez and Fellaini. As Nani has shown consistently during his bad performance,injury-riddled spell of the last couple seasons, he'll still be able to contribute something positive in a game that gives you a chance. Handy as a sub coming on if we need to change formation and the like.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
That's a terrible point. You're clutching at straws and you've completely ignored the context. Even though he's been average for the past two seasons, I still expect him to step up in crucial moments, which is one of his redeeming traits. His current status shouldn't matter to you in this thread. Having him and Anderson in the same category seems a bit desperate, and deflects attention away from a positive performance, IMO.
Is a shame but that game against Arsenal was the end for him.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
I think the best option here with Nani would be loaning him to Sporting for a year and see how he does in the Portuguese league and CL then LvG would keep him or sale him specially if he had a good season.

markhrad

I think its best for both parties for Nani to leave. I once heard he had a statue of himself in the foyer of his home. If this is true he probably has a big ego and a desire to be loved. well there is little love here for him at this club, with respect to the fans.
If I were him I would go to Italy probably juventus there, without a world class superstar, he would probably thrive.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Why are people criticising him for saturday? Doesn't matter how he plays I suppose unless he wins the game for us. Lingard did start and he was a complete bag of nerves, naive in every decision he made and eventually injured himself. Januzaj gave the ball away and messed up every crossing chance he had. Not trying to defend Nani's more recent time here but singling him out for saturday's game is silly when he was one of our only bright sparks in the 2nd half.

Some daft video of a young United fan is going around on twitter since the Swansea game ripping into him, but it's not even from the same game ffs. Also read that he was spat on by fans when signing autographs after the Stoke game last year. Pretty disgusting if true.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why are people criticising him for saturday? Doesn't matter how he plays I suppose unless he wins the game for us. Lingard did start and he was a complete bag of nerves, naive in every decision he made and eventually injured himself. Januzaj gave the ball away and messed up every crossing chance he had. Not trying to defend Nani's more recent time here but singling him out for saturday's game is silly when he was one of our only bright sparks in the 2nd half.

Some daft video of a young United fan is going around on twitter since the Swansea game ripping into him, but it's not even from the same game ffs. Also read that he was spat on by fans when signing autographs after the Stoke game last year. Pretty disgusting if true.
Yeah, he was probably our best player in the second half, and yet you only see people criticizing him since he didn't score. Some people will completely ignore the performances and just keep criticizing.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Yeah, he was probably our best player in the second half, and yet you only see people criticizing him since he didn't score. Some people will completely ignore the performances and just keep criticizing.
Aye, Rooney was the most wasteful player out there on saturday, and Januzaj gave the ball away plenty of times when he had good options on, especially when he was shooting from ridiculous angles.

In Rainbows

No idea why that vine is doing the rounds on twitter. It clearly says it's from 3/5 against Sunderland.

Hannibal

I thought Valencia has done awesome and more consistent in his first three years.
Valencia has been shyte for the past 24 months now & it seems he slips under the United fans' radar. Ashley Young has contributed more than Valencia in our squad. Valencia should be shown the door, he is useless.

Rossa

He's an enigma. He looked slow and cumbersome most of the match, and I thought that he had really lost his pace. Then in those last ten minutes he showed that his pace is certainly there, in abundance. He's best when he is running at his man and linking up with those around him. I've argued before that he's one of our best short passers in and around the box, and he looks to have that still in his locker.

Truth be told, however, I still see him as a lost cause, and I'm slightly annoyed that he ignited a little spark of hope that he may once again become good.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I'd rather keep him, he would be a decent lock in for a winger position. However maybe he needs a run of games to get back to his best. A loan to Sporting would guarantee that. Less pressured environment, closer to home... and we get back a rejuvenated Nani. Or he flops and it it confirmed that his best years are behind him.

Aint gota Kalou

If Van Gaal plays on playing a bit more 4-3-3 this season then it makes sense he stays, it's clear he doesn't see Valencia or Young as offensively capable in that position. That means we only have Januzaj and Nani as genuine winger options.

Edit: Oh and Zaha

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
I think its best for both parties for Nani to leave. I once heard he had a statue of himself in the foyer of his home. If this is true he probably has a big ego and a desire to be loved. well there is little love here for him at this club, with respect to the fans.
If I were him I would go to Italy probably juventus there, without a world class superstar, he would probably thrive.
im pretty sure it is just a mannequin which he has decorated with medals and his shirt. Pretty neat idea.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
I admire Nani, he has been out of favour with Fergie, Off form, Injured, and generally a bench player for some time now. He has seemed to train professionally, and doesnt appear to speak out of turn. Good on him. + I also rate him as a player.

entropy

Looks like he is off to Lisbon part of the rojo deal for a year long loan.I would have preferred if he stayed with us but maybe it is just time for us to move on.

ottosec

There is no way he's going to Sporting, imo. He is too good and in his prime to go there.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is he gone then? What an utter waste of an outstanding talent if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.