g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Nani | Contract & Transfer talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Probably the best of a bad bunch in the 2nd half. Doubt it will be enough to salvage his United career. Showed signs of the old Nani with a few of those runs near the end.

Timdbro

Very little composure from anyone in the second half, including Nani, but he tried to keep the ball moving at the right times, and tried to take matters into his own hands towards the end when we needed someone to do so. Not brilliant by any means, but certainly not as useless as some on here would have you believe.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
One of the only players other than Adnan that can actually make things happen from out wide really. Though he doesn't do it nearly enough

justboy68

He was surprisingly good today. 94% passing accuracy and didn't have a single turnover of possession. Struggled to get involved at times but had a few driving runs at the end and created space for a few decent crosses. Did better than anyone else out there probably. Still can see him leaving, don't think he's going to be one to rely on anymore, it's been too long since we've consistently seen the good side of him and a lot of fans minds are already made up.

Golden Nugget

Was good in the last period when he finally started running at players. Went missing for periods of the game. May still be hope for him in the team.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Didn't think he was all that. I like Nani and he had his moments, but plenty of room for improvement.

Ekeke

Made a couple of good passes, then went quiet like the rest of the team.

His combination with Young down the left was terrible, but when Januzaj went to the left for the last 10 mins or so he didn't fare any better. Young seemed to want to do it all himself

JSMHE

Nani was good. Young was good when going forward too. Some positive from the wingers.

Boycott

He'd be good in a 4-3-3 so he can be more closer to his forward players, link up and create fluid football. When his role is to stay out wide we are not getting the best out of him. Didn't get the ball enough and when he did he started running at players and getting our attacks going.

Showed some spark at least. Not sure what will happen before the end of the window or what Van Gaal's expectations will be. But this is serious business now and he was one of our few players in the game that looked like they had the pace to drive forward and make something happen.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he did well really. Looked dangerous and put some decent balls in the box, and certainly seemed up for it.

FromTheBench

Not a wingback really.

Did Okayish today and better when we changed formation again but still not enough.

psychdelicblues

He'd be good in a 4-3-3 so he can be more closer to his forward players, link up and create fluid football. When his role is to stay out wide we are not getting the best out of him. Didn't get the ball enough and when he did he started running at players and getting our attacks going.
Van Gaal does not rate any of the United wingers apart from maybe Januzaj for his preferred formation. Disappointed United did not get Sanchez.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
All this nonsense saying how good he was today and best of a bad bunch etc, he is not a match winner. He is not good enough for United. The longer we persist with him the further our decline.

Reactions: Eyepopper

Orton

All this nonsense saying how good he was today and best of a bad bunch etc, he is not a match winner. He is not good enough for United. The longer we persist with him the further our decline.
He was better than most that's for sure. He actually tried to make things happen at the end instead of just lumping it or passing on the responsibility to someone else.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
He was better than most that's for sure. He actually tried to make things happen at the end instead of just lumping it or passing on the responsibility to someone else.
He is still not good enough though, he along with many others need to be packing their suitcases.

Orton

He is still not good enough though, he along with many others need to be packing their suitcases.
I'm not saying he's been good enough, but today he might have impressed LVG and in a proper competitive game that's where it matters most.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
He's a big bag of average, he always has been. Apart from an 18 month spell where he pulled his head out of his hole for a while, but it got stuck back up there again a few years ago and looks firmly lodged.

Blue always red

I thought the LOOKED good, but nothing whatsoever came of his runs. Each time he ran into trouble and got the ball taken off him. There was 1 little neat bit where he played the ball into Rooney in the box who messed it up but apart from that, he didn't really create anything else. Story of our team that really and it saddens me that we have nobody who can grab the ball and change the game for us on a regular, like Ronaldo.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
He's a big bag of average, he always has been. Apart from an 18 month spell where he pulled his head out of his hole for a while, but it got stuck back up there again a few years ago and looks firmly lodged.
I think it was more like a run of about 10 games that he looked alright. I remember Phelan saying "the penny has finally dropped", maybe the penny dropped into his hole and he went looking for it and cant find it. Explains why he is still up there.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
I thought the LOOKED good, but nothing whatsoever came of his runs.
There lies the problem. He is a Manchester United player, to be a Manchester United player he must make a difference. Otherwise let him play for Everton or some club like that where he can shine for 10 games a season.

Story of our team that really and it saddens me that we have nobody who can grab the ball and change the game for us on a regular, like Ronaldo.
Well, Nani was kind of viewed as a Ronaldo replacement for a while. Now that we know he is not at that level and never will be, its time to ship him away.

The longer this player remains at our club as anything other than a squad player, the more trouble we are in. Anybody still making excuses for him need to wake up and smell the coffee, our standards are seriously dropping.

Giggsforever

Nani was quite good for the first 10 minutes or so after he came on. I missed the final 10 minutes, but from what others have said it sounds like he finished that way as well. During the rest of the half he was rather quiet though.
He finished the last 10 min even better, he really carried the ball forward and was pretty much the reason we managed to push for a goal at the end. Glad to see him back with confidence to take on players (only Januzaj and Nani can get past players with pace and skill like that in our squad). He really can be a joy to watch.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
He finished the last 10 min even better, he really carried the ball forward and was pretty much the reason we managed to push for a goal at the end. Glad to see him back with confidence to take on players (only Januzaj and Nani can get past players with pace and skill like that in our squad). He really can be a joy to watch.
A seal juggling a ball can be a joy to watch, no end product though. Not good enough at this stage of his career. We are Manchester United, we expect better. This running with the ball nonsense aint good enough. We need players that can make a real difference, players that can change and win a game.

Giggsforever

A seal juggling a ball can be a joy to watch, no end product though. Not good enough at this stage of his career. We are Manchester United, we expect better. This running with the ball nonsense aint good enough. We need players that can make a real difference, players that can change and win a game.
If you talk end Product, Nani is better than almost eveyone in our squad. Don't let stat's stop you though.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
If you talk end Product, Nani is better than almost eveyone in our squad. Don't let stat's stop you though.
Stats smatchts. He's not good enough for United. Its time people copped on to reality. I agree about certain other members of of squad in a similar position (wingers). Young needs to pack his suitcase also.

In Rainbows

I think it was more like a run of about 10 games that he looked alright. I remember Phelan saying "the penny has finally dropped", maybe the penny dropped into his hole and he went looking for it and cant find it. Explains why he is still up there.
10 games? Seriously? He was our best player in 2011. Was good in 2010 and was good in 2012 up until his injury. He's been crap for about two seasons and should leave though. He still did well today.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Wow, he was consistently brilliant between January 2010 and January 2012 for the most part. After that he went down hill. To say it was 10 alright games is just wrong.

MoneyMay

Decent performance.

Anybody else notice that Nani was playing with more urgency and making decisions faster than usual?

bosnian_red

Yeah he played well I thought. Given that Hernandez doesn't suit van Gaal's system, I wouldn't be against playing a 4-3-3 with him and januzaj on the wings, with Rooney in the middle and mata part of a midfield trio. Just seems so well balanced going forward as it was for the first 20 minutes or so until we brought Herrera off. Oh and it would help to have good fullbacks too, but the front 4 could be deadly. Not sure if nani has a future but as an actual winger he's still better then anything we have bar januzaj.

Annahnomoss

Did well tonight, our best winger in a 4-3-3 with Januzaj and they'd do a whole lot more for our team offensively than having Chicarito and slightly more offensive full-backs.

markhrad

I wish over the years Nani had been given a chance as a No.10. Dribbling skills, short passes and two-footedness I think are attributes that would make a great No10. It would also allow him not to have too much time to think on the ball. Alas the handwriting is on the wall, He is a goner.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
We must have been really terrible if most of you say he was good. Or I don't know what "decent", "well" and "good" mean. I do not expect anything from him on the pitch (well, he could leave the club with Anderson, we need to move on). Didn't you feel strange yesterday seeing him come off the bench? Seriously, we've tried that too many times. No. If we're going to rebuild the club, it should be done by selling Nani and Anderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.