Nani is an idiot

ciderman9000000

will you ever let it go?

Nani's is better on the right than on the left. Full stop.
Personally I think he's best when switching wings periodically with another both-sided winger such as Ronaldo or Obertan. I think he's prone to growing a little stale given a significant run solely on one side of the pitch; if he cannot switch during games, i.e. when Giggsy or Valencia are fit, I'd personally like to see a formation in which he switches sides every three games or so, as doing so seems to give him an added freshness which makes his attacks more effective. I wouldn't particularly say though that he's better on one side than he is on the other. I think Nani gets the best out of Evra, so that's reason enough to play him on the left, whereas on the right he's more selfish and direct (in a good way), so that's a good reason to stick him on the right. He's a very, very good player.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
redwall of the newbies has had his say:

You're the dickhead pal
Utter cnut, embarrassing tits like you is why our fans are regarded as such utter pillocks, jump off a bridge,

I shall pass thanks

There's nothing embarrassing about not accepting a United player behaving in such a manner
:lol:

That redwall sounds like an absolute fecking tossbag.

Cina

He was quality on the left vs Villa and awful on the right. He's clearly comfortable on both flanks but it definitely helps when he is free to switch over the course of a game.
Very true, something he can't really do when Valencia is in the side, due to his inability to switch flanks.

I wonder how he'd do behind Rooney in a 4-5-1, I reckon it's definitely something that could be considered for the future, a bit of a free role, because he's scored quite a few fantastic goals by dribbling through everyone in the center of the pitch and smacking one in the net, as opposed to his silly attempts at curling shots from the left/right which usually go nowhere. I've also seen him play some glorious through balls at times (a few examples in that Portugal match), but again, the problem is consistency, which would be needed far more in that sort of role, so maybe it's a little early to consider it.

zub2007

He has been our best attacking player this season by far, he had one bad game whilst other players have been underperforming for nearly whole season. Cut the guy some slack.

ciderman9000000

He has been our best attacking player this season by far, he had one bad game whilst other players have been underperforming for nearly whole season. Cut the guy some slack.
Slack?! SLACK?! There's no such thing as slack when Brad's moral superiority is at stake! Cutting slack is for racists, sexists, rapists and communists! Why, I oughta cut you some slack, sonny jim!

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Hehe there are some proper :wenger: here :lol:

Brad gets slated for what?

Gerrard does similar and folk on here want him lynched as the cheating cnut he is.

Nani does it and it's just Nani.

Proper Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime some on here.

londonredmaniac

He has been. That's not in debate.

His petulant behaviour is.

Watching someone roll around on the floor spun over eight times after nobody has been near him is fecking embarrassing. How anyone can defend it is beyond me.

And if you're going to go after a player for having a swipe at you show a bit of sense.

Don't come on 10 seconds later, look at him twice before throwing an elbow.

Good job he missed.

ciderman9000000

He has been. That's not in debate.

His petulant behaviour is.

Watching someone roll around on the floor spun over eight times after nobody has been near him is fecking embarrassing. How anyone can defend it is beyond me.

And if you're going to go after a player for having a swipe at you show a bit of sense.

Don't come on 10 seconds later, look at him twice before throwing an elbow.

Good job he missed.
His petulant behaviour is being greatly overstated though, just like Gerrard's always is. The only problem I'd have with Nani is that he seems to stay on the deck for longer than most when tackled or fouled, I don't think he's a diver though, more of a stay-downer. As for the elbow/tickle, it was hardly Bruce Lee, who gives a feck? Everyone does that from time to time, it's a man's game.

Treble

Nani had several poor games recently: Stoke, City, Villa. He was poor against Spurs except for the last 10-15 min of the game. I hope he will be back to his best soon.

londonredmaniac

His petulant behaviour is being greatly overstated though, just like Gerrard's always is. The only problem I'd have with Nani is that he seems to stay on the deck for longer than most when tackled or fouled, I don't think he's a diver though, more of a stay-downer. As for the elbow/tickle, it was hardly Bruce Lee, who gives a feck? Everyone does that from time to time, it's a man's game.
I suppose it might be argued that it's being highlighted. I agree with the diving comment for the most part. He is a stay downer and a roller...and a cringe face upper. It's irritating. Massively so.

The elbow was not a Bruce Lee, but as I said the revenge challenge has been going on for years. Don't do it within 10 seconds...have some craft...and certainly don't do it with half hour odd to go with the game in the balance. If he did get a red what then?

It is a mans game, so play it like one. Not like a boy.

I think Nani has all the makings of a good lad, just don't want to see this side of his game blight that.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
His petulant behaviour is being greatly overstated though, just like Gerrard's always is. The only problem I'd have with Nani is that he seems to stay on the deck for longer than most when tackled or fouled, I don't think he's a diver though, more of a stay-downer.
I'd agree with that. He either had a very low pain threshold, or he likes to graze fresh grass.

SATA

I'm actually more pissed at Berbatov berating his team-mates than Nani rolling on the grass Eboue-like. Therefore i conclude the Bulgarian is more of an idiot.

londonredmaniac

I'm actually more pissed at Berbatov berating his team-mates than Nani rolling on the grass Eboue-like. Therefore i conclude the Bulgarian is more of an idiot.
I've been a big supporter of berbs, but this has really got on my tits of late.

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
I've been a big supporter of berbs, but this has really got on my tits of late.
Don't forget his hatrick against the scouse. He's immune to criticism from me for that :D

I reckon it's just too much pressure on berbatov right now with all the injuries. The berbatov of the beginning of the season will be back once our attack is fully fit.

Btw, this is mabedi, your canadian homie lol.

SATA

He's still very much capable of a few spastic passes every match.

And that free-kick in the first half on the right where he just basically passed it to their defender, don't know what the hell was that. The reaction and groans after that incident from the crowd was hilarious.

prateik

He was lucky not to get booked for pulling that wigan played down near the corner flag.

He needs to stop feigning injuries and stop getting wound up by the opposition. He was lucky not to get sent off against villa as well.

Dyslexic Untied

he is an average player...thats it...
Where is the white text.

Nani is everything but average. He has shocking games, and makes shocking mistakes. But he is always capable of scoring or assisting, no matter how poor a game he has had.

He has an x-factor that no other United player has at the moment. Along with Vidic and Scholes probably our best and most important player I'd say.

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
He's still very much capable of a few spastic passes every match.

And that free-kick in the first half on the right where he just basically passed it to their defender, don't know what the hell was that. The reaction and groans after that incident from the crowd was hilarious.
It's hilarious to you, it's disgusting to me. Any other player in the squad (okay, maybe not Rooney) would've been supported by the crowd to get out of a bad spell or given an encouraging applause from the crowd, but with Nani, it's just "GAaaah, the Old Evil Head Nani's back, groan". It's pretty fecking harsh on him and doesn't do him any favours at all.

Treble

It's hilarious to you, it's disgusting to me. Any other player in the squad (okay, maybe not Rooney) would've been supported by the crowd to get out of a bad spell or given an encouraging applause from the crowd, but with Nani, it's just "GAaaah, the Old Evil Head Nani's back, groan". It's pretty fecking harsh on him and doesn't do him any favours at all.
true that

twitter thread suggester
he is an average player...thats it...
Not looking good for our team then seeing as an average player has been our best player in the calender year 2010.

There was talk of him being rested yesterday as he didn't come back to England until Friday after playing 85 minutes for Portugal.
It didn't work out for him yesterday until the last 5 minutes which was a shame as he was terrific against Spain in midweek (Bar the cancelling Ronaldo's wonder goal and choosing to try and chip a standing Casillas)

Hopefully we'll see the Nani from the Spain match against Rangers (Including stealing a wonder goal from Rooney. Just for shits and giggles.)

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Fascinating how some players can go from worldclass to average within days on this forum

Dyslexic Untied

There is a reason for that though. Basically supporters tend to dislike players who stay down, who feign injuries and who find it more important to simulate an injury instead of getting on and defending a counter attack.

Nani is probably our most promising player, and as Top said, he has been our best performer in 2010. Still he is very difficult to like for many United supporters. That tells you a lot.

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
There is a reason for that though. Basically supporters tend to dislike players who stay down, who feign injuries and who find it more important to simulate an injury instead of getting on and defending a counter attack.

Nani is probably our most promising player, and as Top said, he has been our best performer in 2010. Still he is very difficult to like for many United supporters. That tells you a lot.
You don't need to tell me why people don't like him. It's pretty obvious to anyone, but they should fecking get over it and support the lad at OT. He's clearly shown that he needs confidence to perform, and how's he going to get that with his own fans turning against him?

Fine, log onto Redcafe after the game and call him an idiot if that floats your boat, but when you're there you fecking support him. People didn't like Ronaldo's antics either, diving and winking and lashing out at opponents, but did that stop people from supporting him, and even defending him while he was here, through thick and thin? Nah, we supported him even more when he needed it the most during the winking saga.

buckooo1978

nani can be frustrating but we still love him - he's one of our most creative players (a small collection) and we need to get behind him

ronaldo was exactly the same and we made allowances for his diving, feigning injury etc...

nani actually works a lot harder than ronaldo and tracks back - get behind the lad

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I think Nani is possibly the most dislikable footballer ever to play for Man United.

And whilst he is clearly talented and capable of the sublime, a lot of what he does is frsutratingly shit.

ciderman9000000

Well, reading some of the shit in this thread I certainly wouldn't blame him if he decided to go play in Madrid. fecking hell.