Nani is an idiot

B Cantona

Desperate
Taken from another thread, if this quote is true, kind of reflects how I feel about football, and why players like Nani irk me so much. This is about the Newcastle game where Ole intentionally chops Rob Lee on the edge of the box

However, Ole has reflected on how Sir Alex Ferguson view his act of self-sacrifice.

“I stepped out of line and he put me in my place in front of everyone,” said Solskjaer. “I was called into his office next morning and had to pay a fine. He wanted us to win but he did not want us to cheat. He didn’t want to be associated with that and he was right.”

Denis' cuff

If someone consistently tries to con you, making you look shit at your job, why would you give them the benefit of the doubt?

Refs are only human, I don't blame them personally
agree with that but some consistency'd be nice (Gerrard et al>)

fat chance

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
It was clear Villa with out with the intentions of rattling the shite out of him today & not giving him as much space as he would have liked & that really upset him which eventually led to that episode.

Great player & one of our most important players but he can be very frustrating to watch at times, if he could wipe that aspect out of his game & act more like Valencia in terms of keeping his two feet on the ground & keeping his mouth shut he would be a better player.
Fair, balanced post. Its worth pointing out that he's probably still carrying an injury as well, which is only going to add to his sense of grievance. Not that it makes his rolling around the floor right. There's no doubt that his reputation precedes him now too, both in the media and with referees. The retaliation on Warnock was silly and needless, but it was hardly brutal. Incidentally, when the likes of Kevin Davies jumps in like that commentators love him for 'letting the defender know he's there'...

Taken from another thread, if this quote is true, kind of reflects how I feel about football, and why players like Nani irk me so much. This is about the Newcastle game where Ole intentionally chops Rob Lee on the edge of the box
We all know that Fergie adapts with the times, and with play-acting, calculated foul play etc so pervasive now at our club and everywhere else I imagine he's got considerably more laissez-faire about this type of thing. A bit of a depressing reflection on the game if I'm right.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

However, Ole has reflected on how Sir Alex Ferguson view his act of self-sacrifice.

“I stepped out of line and he put me in my place in front of everyone,” said Solskjaer. “I was called into his office next morning and had to pay a fine. He wanted us to win but he did not want us to cheat. He didn’t want to be associated with that and he was right.”
That's quite funny considering the 'cheating' thread in the football forum where people are saying this particular incident was not cheating.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
But he defended Roy Keane for impaling Haaland onto the end of his boot.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
That's quite funny considering the 'cheating' thread in the football forum where people are saying this particular incident was not cheating.
It isn't cheating. It's kinda like going to the ground in a fight and then throwing sand in your opponents face. It's dirty and unsportsmanlike.

redpie

I'm sticking up for Nani. Yes he overeacts but he does not dive.
The real dickheads in football are not the mecurial wingers or artfull dodgers or even the imaginary yellow card wavers.
The real dickheads in football are the leg breakers.

togg

as someone said on here...Ronaldo was just the same at the beginning. Look back at the posts and see how many times Ronaldo was described as a prat, dick, cock, bighead...etc, etc. Nani will learn, but at the moment, he is vital to us and has definitely improved his game. Sure he can be inconsistent, but even when he plays poorly, he now still manages a few moments of brilliant creativity that invariably leads to a chance...To be honest...I wish we had a few more "dickheads" in the squad!!

bcubed

Endeavouring to persevere in observation of all th
It's like a mini player embodied version of the "winning when you're not playing well is what champions are made of" schtick...

It's more the diving and prima dona bollocks that annoy me. You know if someone actually squared up to him he'd throw himself on the floor so don't be getting all niggly and lashing out at others...He acts like a right bitch at times.
This:- It's cheating and I fecking hate cheats.

zub2007

Sometimes he does the most stupid of things but he is very crucial to us.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
If someone consistently tries to con you, making you look shit at your job, why would you give them the benefit of the doubt?

Refs are only human, I don't blame them personally
So you dont blame them for not giving fouls when people are continuously kicking him just because he dives? Then that means they are not doing their job properly, if he dives then the referee plays on or books him which they have done plenty of times, if he gets fouled the referee should give a free kick. Nothing to do with reputation.

B Cantona

Desperate
:lol: Overnight he appears to have been downgraded from a dickhead to a mere idiot!

You can kindly shove your infraction up your arse Hectic. God help you if you ever go to a football match if that kind of language upsets you!!!

Commadus

Nani theatrics are part and parcel of him as a player. He tries things other players can only dream of. He can frustrate and amaze in equal measure. He may never cut this out of his game but he has shown he is one of the most consistent players in terms of assists and creating chances.

Bearded but no genius

:lol: Overnight he appears to have been downgraded from a dickhead to a mere idiot!

You can kindly shove your infraction up your arse Hectic. God help you if you ever go to a football match if that kind of language upsets you!!!
The next time you tell mods to "shove your infraction up your arse" or the like, you'll get yourself another one.

The rules are the rules, although you somehow think they shouldn't apply to you.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Brad involved in 'being petulant child' shock!

Hectic

Supports
30fps

Thanks Brad, but we aren't talking about a football match.

Name Changed

weso26
He annoys the hell out of me. I've said this before and I have got condemned for it.... Nani has the ability to put in good crosses when he actually tries. He put one a great cross for the Vidic goal yesterday. Before that, he had countless opportunities (some from corners) to put the ball into good positions, and he simply cannot beat the first man. How can a player which such ability not be able to cross the ball for 89 minutes, yet do it once or twice a match? When he does put the ball into a decent position, we always fecking score.

Name Changed

weso26
Also, he needs to stop being a pussy. Even his own team-mates know he his faking it when he goes down screaming like a girl 3 or 4 times a match.

B Cantona

Desperate
Jason, you haven't given me an infraction, but I invite you to shove anything you like, or in the near vicinity, up your arse. As if you weren't planning to already...

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Jason, you haven't given me an infraction, but I invite you to shove anything you like, or in the near vicinity, up your arse. As if you weren't planning to already...
Kinell Brad. Why do you do this. You do something against the rules and you react like this when corrected even over the smallest thing.

You can't say that you weren't warned and we can't have you running around abusing mods like this just because you think it is your right to behave how you like.

Sw33t

This:- It's cheating and I fecking hate cheats.
If he exaggerated a foul and it lead to a pen against City/Dippers/Chelsea which was the winning goal, would you fecking hate it then?

The Hairdryer

And I believe in Father Christmas, the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny..

Even Keane admitted he did it on purpose.
Bollocks he did. He was over zealous editing by his book company. The media also beat up what was a fairly inoculous challenge, just because Keane was irish. Had it beed Gerrard or Terry who made that tackle they would have been lauded as being "hard man" and probably got waved on by the ref at hand who was a known for telling racist irish jokes.

Lester Freamon

Aka Caveman
Bollocks he did. He was over zealous editing by his book company. The media also beat up what was a fairly inoculous challenge, just because Keane was irish. Had it beed Gerrard or Terry who made that tackle they would have been lauded as being "hard man" and probably got waved on by the ref at hand who was a known for telling racist irish jokes.
Joke...?

I hope it is..

ciderman9000000

Kinell Brad. Why do you do this. You do something against the rules and you react like this when corrected even over the smallest thing.

You can't say that you weren't warned and we can't have you running around abusing mods like this just because you think it is your right to behave how you like.
Don't worry, Wibs, Nani has started a thread on it: Brad is a Dickhead.