Nani will reignite our charge to the title

Status
Not open for further replies.

twitter thread suggester
It's important to remember he's just coming back from an injury which has kept him out for a while.

Just a small reminder to those who are currently sharpening their pitchforks.

Crerand Legend

It's important to remember he's just coming back from an injury which has kept him out for a while.

Just a small reminder to those who are currently sharpening their pitchforks.
I accept that but he needs a big game despite what you are saying, he is running out of chances, hope he does well

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Not too bad so far. Started poorly but really has got better and better as the half wore on.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
He's done alright in the first half but you're right he's been out for a while so we need to give him a chance.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
The first 15-20 minutes everything went wrong for the lad but he's grown into the game since.

mswiss

if he had scored with that bicycle kick that would have been something, great effort. As bad as it is thats what some people need to see from him, a goal will do him a world of good

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The first 15-20 minutes everything went wrong for the lad but he's grown into the game since.
He didn't hit the ball that one time. His passing rate and crossing rate is very high this game. It's not his fault that we don't have good headers. Saying everything went wrong is harsh.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
He didn't hit the ball that one time. His passing rate and crossing rate is very high this game. It's not his fault that we don't have good headers. Saying everything went wrong is harsh.
Huh?

In the first 15 minutes it did. Several poor passes. I'm not slating him, it was to be expecting after injury.

He recovered well.

Cina

One of the best players on the pitch today, and deserved a goal.

Good lad, keep it coming

F-Red

Did well today, given it was his first start in a very long time. Tracked back and looked creative going forward. Our play at time looked more balance with him & Valencia on the wings.

What was more annoying was Lou Macari saying Nani was having a nightmare in the game. I think any opportunity arises people will just look to put him down without giving some rational thought as to why.

RonaldoVII

Did well today. He faded in the 2nd half but he's been out for over 6 weeks through injury. What he did was good, though. Definitely keeps himself in contention for games against City and Hull.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Motm today. Couple of little errors but looked dangerous and led the play for the first goal. Keeps it up and he'll be cementing that spot for himself. Better play on Tuesday against City. He'll rip that defense a new one.
Berbatov MOTM for me to be honest, Nani was average.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I watched the Setanta stream and they were extremely harsh on Nani. I thought he did ok. Gave it away a few times but i was pleased enough with him.

Ekeke

Nani was one of our best players in the first half, but faded as commonly happens. Played things safe today rather than the spectacular he's capable of, but some who constantly slate him prefer that. Might even draw faint praise from them today.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Thought he was inconsistent as usual today, occasional delightful cross followed up giving the ball away and leaving Evra exposed. Valencia outshone him in my view.

He was average along with Berbatov and Rooney but unlike the latter I suppose seeing as he is back from injury and just a squad player can't expect too much from him. Doubt he will start against City.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Played very well, his end product looked alot more threatening than Valencia and he came close to a brilliant solo effort. Looked a bit tired near the end, but thats to be expected being his first game back.

What Nani really needs now is to play midweek, that'll give him a real confidence boost.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Good game today, the commentators are all spastic, spent most of the 2nd half criticizing Nani.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Commentators don't have a clue, the one on my coverage was coming down a lot on Nani as well. He played well today, surpassed my expectations of him after so long out. I still stand by that there's no better player in our squad being able to stand up a good ball into a dangerous area, just that our team aren't particularly great headers. Onwards and upwards hopefully for him this season.

kundalini

I thought Nani did ok. Several decent attempts to score. Not caught in possession that often.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
better game today from Nani, grew as the game went on(like at wolfburg before he left injured). some good passes, crosses but more importantly decsion making was better. Today what let him down was execution but that will come with match sharpness.

play some nice balls in and took a couple good shots. He still needs alot of work but today was a good launching pad (hopefully). Took a beating from Lou Macari who thought he was having a nightmare, which I thought was harsh on him. Though he gave valencia and nani a verbal beating throughout the game.

Dominant

Fine game from him. I guess people need to stop picking on a few stray passes he made. ALL players do that.

Mainoldo

Did alright... Need to give him a consistend run now... Won't happen though. Glad Fergie never took him off like normal

Status
Not open for further replies.