Nani

Roy

Was frustrating today, but a player of his ilk will always have these kind of days. Worked hard and tried, that's all that you can for really. At least he didn't shy away from the ball. He'd do well to learn that on days when it's not working out for him, he should keep it simple, but to be honest nobody had the balls to run the game instead of him today.

Cina

Berbatov, Valencia, Park and Anderson all had decent games.
:lol: Anderson played 45 minutes, Park was awful.

So you basically named 3 and a half players you personally thought were better than him and yet you still feel it's ok to bump this thread calling him "terrible" and one of the worst players?

Riiiiiight...

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
poor decision making today, tried to be a leader, worked hard but the end product was missing

shit happens etc...
Because nobody else would? The reason Nani is getting so much stick is because he was the only fecker trying to do something, whilst the rest of the team were busy being invisible, Nani was trying his hardest and thus making mistakes. He was the only player that looked arsed, and the only reason he was 'selfish' was because our movement upfront was so feckin abysmal he had no other option. It's ridiculously easy and short-sighted to simply say he had a bad game without actually examining the wider factors.

Give me Nani who was actually willing to try and therefore make mistakes over the other 10 players who did feck all but were less notable for it

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
He was frustrating today but it's incredibly unfair to single him out. There were many worse.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
People calling that a poor performance are doing him a complete injustice. Yes, his end product today was not to the high standards we have come to expect, but to suggest none of them were dangerous is wrong. End product aside, he was our only avenue in the first half to move forwards, he was involved throughout our play, often in the build up which was key considering no-one else was providing link-up play. I'm not going to criticize him harshly for being the one player to try and do something, even if it didn't come off for him today, when we have so few options it's encouraging to see a player determined to do something.

Even in the second half where his end play was poorer at times, he still was involved in most of our attacks, linking up between the midfield and attack, and bringing in defenders into the attack. He had more energy and involvement than most of our players but it looks like this is being ignored because his final product wasn't at a good enough level today. Berbatov, Valencia and Nani were our best players today.

Cina

I genuinely think that some people see Nani in terms of goals and assists. As in, if he doesn't come out of a game with any them he must've been shit.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
:lol: Anderson played 45 minutes, Park was awful.

So you basically named 3 and a half players you personally thought were better than him and yet you still feel it's ok to bump this thread calling him "terrible" and one of the worst players?

Riiiiiight...
Park wasn't bad, he pressed well and wasn't nearly as inefficient with possession as Nani was.

I posted because I thought it was a shocking performance, that is perhaps the most wasteful I have ever seen Nani and I expect better from him.

RedLars

I thought the biggest problem was that we were never able to isolate the full back and get Nani up against him 1 on 1. This forced him to go for a lot of early crosses which were always going to be food for Samba in the box.

CantonaVeron

Nani had a good game really, just needed a bit of luck with a few things. This happens to wingers some times things come off sometimes they don't but the main thing is you keep going which Nani did today. Same happens with Rooney and Giggs to a lesser extent on here because they keep trying to create they will lose a fair share of the ball but also they will create and score gaols too, I wouldn't be too negative about that.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
His performance was like his haircut, terrible.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Imagine if all terrible performances were like that. Good ones would be 4 goals and 3+ assists. Great performances would be double hatricks and 6+ assists. The very best would be triple figures in both goals and assists. Any game much poorer than Nani's one would consist of a lifetime ban from football.

gza the genius

Because nobody else would? The reason Nani is getting so much stick is because he was the only fecker trying to do something, whilst the rest of the team were busy being invisible, Nani was trying his hardest and thus making mistakes. He was the only player that looked arsed, and the only reason he was 'selfish' was because our movement upfront was so feckin abysmal he had no other option. It's ridiculously easy and short-sighted to simply say he had a bad game without actually examining the wider factors.

Give me Nani who was actually willing to try and therefore make mistakes over the other 10 players who did feck all but were less notable for it
I agree with basically all you've said, I'm very happy that Nani is beginning to take responsibility and wanting to be our catalyst but today it simply didn't happen for him. His final ball really was terrible for the most part.

Trying to blame him for the loss is very silly though because as you said he was one of the very few players trying to drive play forward and create something, unfortunately today just wasn't his day.

RedLars

Imagine if all terrible performances were like that. Good ones would be 4 goals and 3+ assists. Great performances would be double hatricks and 6+ assists. The very best would be triple figures in both goals and assists. Any game much poorer than Nani's one would consist of a lifetime ban from football.
:lol:

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
Imagine if all terrible performances were like that. Good ones would be 4 goals and 3+ assists. Great performances would be double hatricks and 6+ assists. The very best would be triple figures in both goals and assists. Any game much poorer than Nani's one would consist in a lifetime ban from football.
The only positives he can take from that performance is that he was totally committed and he managed to get on the ball quite frequently.

Red17

My beef with him and also Evra, is too often when we have good possession with all our players committed upfield, they are the ones to lose the ball. The first goal - Evra was culpable. The third - that was Nani. Too often, IMO and not just based on today's game.

Ralaks

He didn't have much options other than shooting though, considering our strikers were as mobile as oak trees.

He seems like he is having to carry the teams in games like this, which is obvious considering we had no midfield and a striker as the other winger. Sometime he can do this, but other times he can't. We're putting way too big a burden on his shoulders.

hungrywing

It's interesting these days seeing Nani grow into a position of greater responsibility within the squad. Or at least, that's what I hope we're seeing.

If anything, he was too unselfish after he got moved to the left. Should have cut inside and taken shots instead of trying to cross with his weaker foot into a box full of chick- erm...yeah.

He should be given Ronaldian license to shoot in games like that.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
A terrible game by his standards?

Well, when you have set your bar that high, I suppose in a way that is right. You can't expect him to drag the team all on his own, others have to step up and considering the way we were set up today, it makes it very difficult.

We looked more balanced when Anderson came on, but to start having a go at Nani is more than unfair...

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Horrendous today. But the work rate was there. And, more importantly, this is an anomaly. 90% of the time, he's one of our best players.

RonaldoVII

He was poor but you begin to wonder if him overdoing it is down to nobody else being able to create anything. Valencia is good at getting crosses in but he needs to be 1v1 to do it so there's a lot on Nani's shoulders to create something.

Ixion

Wasn't his day but he never stopped trying, was battling to the end and trying to create something so fairplay to him.

Devil may care

Couldn't fault his commitment or his will to take on the role of leader but I felt he began to almost run in circles trying to do too much as the game went on.

Dion

Just didn't happen for him today, tried his hardest and didn't do much wrong... it happens to the best of them.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Happens when we didn't have any solid support from the center. When these times of playing wingers and fullbacks in central midfield, and our best CM is a makeshift centerback, we will be fine. He ran a lot, tried to create something from nothing a la Rooney, but there were nothing much around him to turn to once he needed a little support.

togg

I think we should rally round Nani. Sure his final product can be frustrating and a Ronaldo he aint' and never will be. But he is arguably one of our two (and rooney) most creative players. Sometimes he dazzles, but he isn't as frustrating as Ando. I mean....will we ever see the final predicted product from him?

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
The fact that this thread comes up so often really highlighted the hilariousness of comparing him with Silva who is twice the player if you take your red tinted specs off...

Amir

He beat Blackburn players for fun at times, but the delievery was poor. It was disappointing because without Rooney, he's the one player you'd expect to pull the team ahead. Typical winger, though, I guess...

gza the genius

The fact that this thread comes up so often really highlighted the hilariousness of comparing him with Silva who is twice the player if you take your red tinted specs off...
The fact that a thread titled "Nani" on a Manchester United forum does all that? It seems pretty normal that this thread would be brought up a lot, to me.

CapeTownRed

LOL, I know who I'd rather have, and it's not Silva. Christ, if Nani had a bit of support today and didn't have to take on 2 banks of 4 with no movement ahed of him then he might have had half a chance. As it was he had a good 1st half and a poor second, but seriously you must be a WUM with a comment like that.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Absolute bollocks. Twice the player? You're having a laugh. There's little between them, but I believe I would rather have Nani than Silva, given the choice.