Nani

Raven

Loved the bit about training getting called off and Rio kicking him. Funny lads :lol:

LARulz

That was fantastic, Nani seems like such a great guy

The funny thing is, people would have classed Nani as a 'lazy' player but he would have been the hardest working player in our team right now

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Stick Nani up front like when we were down to 10 men against Bayern
Such a shame for Nani that we got knocked out in that game. Genuinely one of the best performances I've ever seen from a United player, was a 1 man attack when we went down to 10. All somewhat forgotten because of the result though!

Womp

idiot
He never really developed on his decision making and was very frustrating as a player.

I did think we were due an upgrade but the sad part is when Nani departed, worse crap replaced him
I think him being shoehorned onto the left wing played into that to accomodate Valencia. I feel he just played there because he could, not because it suited him. That one period where he had an extended run on the right, he was one of the best wingers in the league and probably our best player along with Rooney iirc.

Anyway, was always one of my favourite players, he's the kind of footballer who makes the sport enjoyable to watch. Excited he's in Australia now, even though I support another team here locally, I'll be sure to catch some games of his when we play Melbourne.

EtH

He never really developed on his decision making and was very frustrating as a player.

I did think we were due an upgrade but the sad part is when Nani departed, worse crap replaced him
Some players should be allowed to try the audacious. His technical ability was top level. He was world class consistently on the right. We shunted him to the left for Valencia, FFS. Had little to no leash with SAF either it seemed. With more confidence in his position in the team we would’ve seen much more from him IMO.

iHicksy

Have to disagree on the due an upgrade. He got much better with his decision making a season or so in to his United career. Lets not forget he was the best right winger in the premiership for a time. I remember seeing games where he outshone Ronaldo, having them on either wing both footed, able to swap wings mid game was something special. I can't think of anyone around at that time that would have been an upgrade on Nani, with the exception of Ribery.

DarkXaero

It's absolutely bizarre to me that so many United fans still have a mixed view of Nani. A huge part of why I want Antony is because I get Nani vibes from him.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He was always compared to Ronaldo which is never going to end well, but he could be great at times. Good player on his day.

marktan

One of my favourite players. Could breeze past players at will.

And his decision making and all round play really improved - he was crucial for Portugal in their win in 2016. He was great in the final and held the ball up really well for Portugal.

EtH

One of my favourite players. Could breeze past players at will.

And his decision making and all round play really improved - he was crucial for Portugal in their win in 2016. He was great in the final and held the ball up really well for Portugal.
Their best player by far that tournament despite Ronnie getting the award on rep.

Bwuk

He'd be our best winger if he was here now. His peak was miles ahead of Rashford or Sancho.

lex talionis

A best of a footballer when he was ours, but I will never forget the outrageous red card against Real. No malice was intended in any way, so give him a yellow card at worst for the high boot. But the Turkish ref, Cockir, took matters into his own hands and opened the door for Real to steal victory from the jaws of defeat.

Hopefully this is a deepfake, but if it's not listen to this cocksucker speak about the incident:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He was immense.

Even in his darkest time under Fergie i remember Fergie saying he has a future here. This was after some booing.

He was a great winger but had faults. Frustrating faults but he could destroy world class defenders. A low block could not stop Nani, only his erratic decisions.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was always compared to Ronaldo which is never going to end well, but he could be great at times. Good player on his day.
Fergie always looked at Nani as the black sheep, he could never compare to his darling boy Ronaldo.

It's sad but true. I think if we never signed Ronaldo, Nani would have been given WAY more love. The 10/11 season he was truly world class.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Fergie always looked at Nani as the black sheep, he could never compare to his darling boy Ronaldo.

It's sad but true. I think if we never signed Ronaldo, Nani would have been given WAY more love. The 10/11 season he was truly world class.
10-11 season nani was unplayable and probably a top 3 winger in the world. He carried that form into 11-12 as well

Ace Krampus

10-11 season nani was unplayable and probably a top 3 winger in the world. He carried that form into 11-12 as well
Loved that season. Ronaldo long gone, Rooney taking a backseat (on the pitch anyway), Berbatov & Nani at the peaks of their powers, VDS' last hurrah, Vidic's last healthy season. Plus City was clearly on the rise but at that time we didn't know how devastatingly obnoxious & successful they'd become.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I recall a interview many years ago where Nani said that his ambition was to surpass Ronaldo. Cant say he got close to that, but he certainly became a very good footballer

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I was sure he was gonna to replace Ronaldo and be as good as him but it never was .

He did have that one great season which helped us massively and him taking the pen at moscow needed a ton of courageous and it eternalised his place club's history.

I absolutely adored him as a player and he seems to be a good player, shame he never quite get where I wanted him to be.