Nani

RC89

For about a season and a half he was out best player. I remember Rooney and Berba always having a go at him. I mentioned it here before and someone said I was making things up but once I noticed it, it kept happening. Berba was in no real position to be yelling constantly at Nani either.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
For about a season and a half he was out best player. I remember Rooney and Berba always having a go at him. I mentioned it here before and someone said I was making things up but once I noticed it, it kept happening. Berba was in no real position to be yelling constantly at Nani either.
Can't say I noticed Berbatov do it, but Rooney was seriously pissing me off at that time. Nani was our best player, indeed the best player in the league that season and the main reason we won the title, but Rooney (who was having a rough patch) was constantly having a go at him. Including many times when Nani was making the right decision. Considering Nani always seemed like the type of player who would react best to the 'arm around the shoulder' style, it felt like Rooney was trying to destroy his confidence sometimes.

Last edited:

EtH

Can't say I noticed Berbatov do it, but Rooney was seriously pissing me off at that time. Nani was our best player, indeed the best player in the league that season and the main reason we won the title, but Rooney (who was having a rough patch) was constantly having a go at him. Including many times when Nani was making the right decision. Considering Nani always seemed like the type of player who would react best to the 'arm around the shoulder' style, it felt like Rooney was trying to destroy his confidence sometimes.
Berba was a real dick at times too. Which was weird considering he consistently attempted just as much if not more silly shit than anyone. But Rooney was bang out of order. It was bizarre. Coming from as big a fan of his as you’ll find, Rooney’s constant berating of Nani was simple at best and tribal at worst. And I think it contributed to Berba and others (possibly even SAF) under-appreciating what Nani was bringing to the pitch at that time which was as good as anyone in the Premier League.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
A best of a footballer when he was ours, but I will never forget the outrageous red card against Real. No malice was intended in any way, so give him a yellow card at worst for the high boot. But the Turkish ref, Cockir, took matters into his own hands and opened the door for Real to steal victory from the jaws of defeat.

Hopefully this is a deepfake, but if it's not listen to this cocksucker speak about the incident:

How can you believe that video, he said he would have sent Rio off for his banter against Piers Morgan :lol:

Strelok

One of my favourite players and I don't have many. Always a red Nani.

Water Melon

Had Nani been played more on right wing rather than on the left, he would have been even better for us. Terrific player, better than Rashford and Sancho.

Kag

To go back to the days of debating whether or not Nani was good enough or not. Remember when we were good and this was a thing?

We took his like for granted.

EtH

Had Nani been played more on right wing rather than on the left, he would have been even better for us. Terrific player, better than Rashford and Sancho.
Rashford doesn’t have a tenth of the talent. I am hopeful Sancho can be our first proper quality winger since Nani but he’ll have a lot to do to reach those heights.

Zen86

I think I’d have been shouting at him if I was on the pitch as well. Hugely frustrating player. Talented though.

RC89

I finally feel vindicated! Yes, I had those exact same thoughts. He would practically scream at him all game when Nani was untouchable at that point.

When Berba was doing it, it wasn't as obvious as he's a more subtle personality than Rooney but he definitely did moan at Nani quite a bit. Berba wasn't exactly in any position to moan either.

EtH

Come to think of it now even the Old Trafford crowd was harsh on Nani in ways I haven’t seen with any other player. And I think Rooney was a big part of that.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I think the crowd was harsh on him because a lot of the time he was very inconsistent for a team that was the best in the world at points. Not sure why people rewrite history.

OverratedOpinion

Almost unplayable on his day and seems like a lovely lad who is very respectful of the club and the opportunities we granted him.

EtH

I think the crowd was harsh on him because a lot of the time he was very inconsistent for a team that was the best in the world at points. Not sure why people rewrite history.
This was even when he was one of if not the best winger(s) around. Not sure why people rewrite history.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was always compared to Ronaldo which is never going to end well, but he could be great at times. Good player on his day.
He was an excellent player but there's no doubt he could have been one of the best of his generation if he was a bit tougher mentally. Somewhat like Martial he appeared to get impacted by negativity/ a bad performance more their your elite players whereas talent wise he was more gifted than many. For example I think most people would put Mane of the last few years above Nani whereas on a pure talent basis Nani was far far superior.

I always felt United fans were too harsh on him whereas I saw his skill and trickery as a breath of fresh air even if it didn't always come off.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
One of the best dribblers we've ever had. And his goals were incredible as well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This was even when he was one of if not the best winger(s) around. Not sure why people rewrite history.
People definitely seem to forget those two seasons (or 1.5 ) when he was just brilliant.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Always had a soft spot for Nani.

He was always the '2nd son' behind Cristiano, things could have been different if he was in a later generation.

If he was on our right flank now, he'd probably be worth 100m.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Falls into the same bracket as Berbatov whereby all the inconsistency he showed and fan infuriation he suffered has been forgotten because he’s so much better than everything that had come since. On his day exceptional player.

galwayfa

That off side goal for Portugal:houllier:, always thought he was a player of great moments but not enough a truly great player.

Fried Chicken FC

Falls into the same bracket as Berbatov whereby all the inconsistency he showed and fan infuriation he suffered has been forgotten because he’s so much better than everything that had come since. On his day exceptional player.
Nani was 10x the player Berbatov was at United.

Nani was genuinely world class and I definitely thought he was under appreciated even at the time.

Alongside Ronaldo he was one of the best players for Portugal in the Euro 2016 win too.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Nani was 10x the player Berbatov was at United.

Nani was genuinely world class and I definitely thought he was under appreciated even at the time.

Alongside Ronaldo he was one of the best players for Portugal in the Euro 2016 win too.
He wasn’t World Class. Even in 2010/11 where he felt like he might have been our best player at one point, he later lost his place when Valencia came back.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Nani was obscenely good. One of my favourite players in a truly talented team.

On his day he was as good as Robben. Slight shame that he didn’t ever really get it all together for huge periods of time. But for a solid 18 months he was in the conversation for best player in the league.

Zlatattack

Everyone remembers good Nani because good Nani was incredible, but he was only good Nani like 25% of the time. The other 75% of the time he was keep losing the ball, don't track back, throw arms around Nani.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I absolutely adored him, him and Rooney from that generation of united will always have a cherished place in my heart, so much class and flair and loved doing it as well, what more can you ask!