Nani's injury | Fit | Nani: "What Carragher did was not football"

Nathan

It will be a gamble to play Nani but perhaps he is up for it and give us the cutting edge. Perhaps play both Nani and Valencia and terrorise them into conceding an early goal.

Lets wait and see how we line up tomorrow night.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
luisnani

It's great to be back in training with the team! Thank you all for the support during my injury.

Man-United

Nani, Valencia and Giggs all fit now, wow!

Only Park left, then we have all our 4 best wingers back. When is Park ready?

lynchie

That Marseille CB that was diving around like a salmon in the last match seems just the sort to give Nani a few testing kicks to the shin. Hope those shin pads hold up.

Joey Mac

He scores goals, galore. Betfair "Refer and E
Does anyone know why they always wear training tops with random numbers on? Like if they're not going to bother wearing their own numbers then why have them printed on at all? Small thing, but never known.

Great news if he's back, just hope we wouldn't be rushing him back when the wound's not in the best shape, although I highly doubt we'd do that.

Sir A1ex

Does anyone know why they always wear training tops with random numbers on? Like if they're not going to bother wearing their own numbers then why have them printed on at all? Small thing, but never known.
They're not random as such, rather they are allocated to each player on a permanent /season basis, just as squad numbers are. I don't know why they are different to squad numbers though.

Heinzesight

Fergie: Nani - "Good chance he'll be involved. He and Michael Carrick trained on Sunday. Both will be involved tomorrow." Valencia - it's great to have him back. The question is should I play him from the start. It's a fantastic bonus to have him back.

Brophs

The One and Only
They're not random as such, rather they are allocated to each player on a permanent /season basis, just as squad numbers are. I don't know why they are different to squad numbers though.
I could have sworn this was explained somewhere recently. I think it was something along the lines of giving them the lowest available number on the date they report back for training after the summer and after that it's just random/first come first served.

I might have dreamt that though. Which would be beyond pathetic.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
---Valencia----Rooney------Nani-------

-------------Hernandez-------------

Pace. Pace. Pace.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff

Pace. Pace. Pace.
Oh lordy, that is dangerous.

That set-up has a CL win in it, definitely. If the midfield could just kick into gear, we really could have a special season.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
-----------------VDS------------

--Rafa----Rio----Vidic------Evra
--------------------------------------
--------Scholes-----Fletcher-------
-----------------------------------

:drool:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nani, Hernandez, Anderson and Valencia will give us so much pace, trickery and strength.

Can't wait :)

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Nani, Hernandez, Anderson and Valencia will give us so much pace, trickery and strength.

Can't wait :)
I thought Anderson was a bag of tricks when we signed him, especially when he played in that forward left role ala Ronaldinho, but we really haven't seen that side of his game which is a shame because I feel he's got it in him.

Shimo

If SAF says he'll be involved tomorrow then you know he is out. Though hope for once boss isn't fibbing.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So it was just a gash afteral... what did I tell you? :smirk:
Like I said in another post. You seem to have a very confused idea about what a gash actually is*.

:lol: what is it with you and cuts vs gashes? They're the same damn thing!

The only technical term you could used for different ways in which your skin has been split open would be to define something as a laceration or an incision. The former is when your skin tears, usually due to blunt trauma, the latter is when something very sharp slices you open.

When it comes to how long healing will take, lacerations are more likely to get infected but the type of wound doesn't matter so much as the length and depth of the wound, as well as where it is located.

What Nani had on his shin was most likely a laceration.

Whether the man on the street would call it a cut or a gash makes absolutely no difference. They're both laymans terms for the same thing.

*no, I'm not calling you a gayer.

amolbhatia50k

I thought Anderson was a bag of tricks when we signed him, especially when he played in that forward left role ala Ronaldinho, but we really haven't seen that side of his game which is a shame because I feel he's got it in him.
I meant in unison. Nani is the tricks part, Anderson and Valencia the strength and all four have pace.

amolbhatia50k

Looks great, doesn't it? Pace is the one thing I've always associated with good United teams. And that is as good as ever.
We have to go with that against Arsenal. With their high line that could be absolutely explosive.

Name Changed

weso26
Why would people want Fergie to drop the team top goalscorer?

Baffling
It's not really that baffling if people want the team to play a certain way and the player they want to bring in scores as many goals or there or thereabouts when he plays. It isn't baffling at all, it's just contrary to your own opinion.

Scholesy

Looks great, doesn't it? Pace is the one thing I've always associated with good United teams. And that is as good as ever.
Pace is good if Scholes is playing. If it is Carrick and Fletcher, it will not be as effective.

You can have Messi, Ronaldo and Villa as a front 3 but if you left with Lassana Diarra, Carrick and Busquets in midfield, they are not going to be very effective even if they are great players. More creativity required from midfield.

Name Changed

weso26
We have to go with that against Arsenal. With their high line that could be absolutely explosive.
It's a team I'd love to see against most teams, but on paper it should particularly suit against Arsenal. I think Hernandez would clean up with Valencia and Nani delivering balls in to him on a plate. The Valencia-Hernandez partnership could be particularly good.