Nani's injury | Fit | Nani: "What Carragher did was not football"

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
There's a real reluctance to prescribe unnecessary ab's in the UK. Mainly due to resistance, also due to cost. Neither of which is an issue here, for obvious reasons.

Usually, even a deep wound like that would get a good scrub with a nail brush and that's about it, unless there's an underlying fracture. Treating PL footballers is a completely different ball game, I'd imagine.
That's a good point. I reckon it'll be 10 days of horrible shits for Nani, though...just as a precaution. It was a Scouser in Scouseland what did it after all.

TheMancRedDevil

Are you a Doctor? Then you should know better not to make a diagnosis without the facts. You also haven't treated many footballers as these injuries do happen all the time. Jesus kin Christ
Kin listen. If Nani kin steps out against kin Arse on kin Saturday, I'll show my kin Arse on kin Saturday.

Unless that piccy has been Photoshopped or it was somehow a trick of the light, there's no kin chance of Nani even running freely for a fortnight.

Kin kin (foam, fume, snarl, spit).

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Kin listen. If Nani kin steps out against kin Arse on kin Saturday, I'll show my kin Arse on kin Saturday.

Unless that piccy has been Photoshopped or it was somehow a trick of the light, there's no kin chance of Nani even running freely for a fortnight.

I've got a mate who's a physio and his first reaction to the picture was kin ell (as we're talking in code) - his second was "a month if it behaves itself" and it hasn't done any damage you can't see.

My guess is United would want to have him sit out until the other side of the international break and come back strong - assuming it behaves itself, of course.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I really hope not, but this could well be a killer blow.

Fecking Carragher.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs

I reckon he won't play on Saturday even if he's fit.

From the picture it looks as though sombody has been slicing off of a large part of the skin. If that is the case then I agree with you.
However, the pics simply aren't clear enough to make that diagnosis. I find it hard to believe that studs can cause that much damage (specially without further injuries such has a broken leg) and I would be cautious making any diagnosis.
If it's just a bad gash or even a cut with a limited number of stitches and there are no complications then he will be back much sooner.
But we simply don't know the extent of the injury!

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Hopefully it ends up being like my finger a few years ago. Got sliced quite deep but left it bandaged for a week and was almost completely healed by the time I had taken off the bandages.

Legs aren't quite as mobile as fingers.....

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Hopefully it ends up being like my finger a few years ago. Got sliced quite deep but left it bandaged for a week and was almost completely healed by the time I had taken off the bandages.
If only it was his finger.

One nasty kick and it opens up again, gets infected and he's out for longer

SATA

Wouldn't worry too much. He's in the hands of the best medical care he could get at United

And Nani's the kind who wants to get back to playing football as soon as possible

lynchie

Superglue it back together. He'll be right as rain in no time.

TheReligion

Abusive
Was just told by a lad from the gym he is going to be out for a month.

Don't know what truth is behind this but he is usually right. Hope it's not the case!

prateik

I expected him to be out for the next two games, but considering we have Bolton at home and then the international break before the west ham away, it wouldnt surprise me if he was out till the west ham game on 2nd April.. which would make it almost a month

Guess it'll depend on how Valencia does in the next week or so

Aint gota Kalou

Was just told by a lad from the gym he is going to be out for a month.

Don't know what truth is behind this but he is usually right. Hope it's not the case!
You could've at least come up with something a bit more in the know. Your cousins friends butcher who's son is a physio at United or something.

In all seriousness I fear for us a bit if he's out for any significant amount of time. Along with our central midfield I think our biggest problem this season has been getting two fully-fit and firing wingers on the pitch at same. Our best run of form this season was when Giggs had just come back and was fully fit. Only lasted a few games though as he inevitably needed rest.

With Nani out we only really have Giggs that we know is fit, and obviously he can't play every game. It'll be a huge ask for both Park and Valencia to get back and return to any sort of form, so we might have to make do with a few scrappy performances until they do.

TheReligion

Abusive
You could've at least come up with something a bit more in the know. Your cousins friends butcher who's son is a physio at United or something.

In all seriousness I fear for us a bit if he's out for any significant amount of time. Along with our central midfield I think our biggest problem this season has been getting two fully-fit and firing wingers on the pitch at same. Our best run of form this season was when Giggs had just come back and was fully fit. Only lasted a few games though as he inevitably needed rest.

With Nani out we only really have Giggs that we know is fit, and obviously he can't play every game. It'll be a huge ask for both Park and Valencia to get back and return to any sort of form, so we might have to make do with a few scrappy performances until they do.
Well he does work next door to Carrington and almost got killed by Hernandez if that throws some more weight to it?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Next door to Carringon? Carrington training ground is at the bottom of a half mile beaten up road with feck all on it! Unless he works at the stables?

Doogie

Nani faces up to a month out because the gash to his left shin is more serious than first thought.

Manchester United had hoped their flying winger would be out for just a couple of weeks after he was injured by a reckless challenge from Jamie Carragher in Sunday’s 3-1 defeat to Liverpool.

However, the wound swelled up so much that United’s doctors were unable to stitch it closed!

This has delayed the Portuguese winger’s recovery, forcing United to reassess how long he will be sidelined.

He is highly unlikely to play again this month and could be out for four weeks.

Nani’s loss has been partly offset by Antonio Valencia’s recovery from his broken ankle. The winger, injured against Rangers in September, is expected to figure at some stage in Saturday’s FA Cup clash with Arsenal.
Manchester United Nani faces up to a month out after the gash Jamie Carragher inflicted on his shin swelled up so much doctors were unable to stitch it closed - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Nani faces up to a month out because the gash to his left shin is more serious than first thought.
Wait for news from the club.

Why do people believe in any news other websites write? No quotes, no news.

TheReligion

Abusive
Next door to Carringon? Carrington training ground is at the bottom of a half mile beaten up road with feck all on it! Unless he works at the stables?
Yep, I know where it is, been before. He works for National Grid.

Look it up ;)

Doogie

Wait for news from the club.

Why do people believe in any news other websites write? No quotes, no news.
Nah, I can understand that in your injury thread stories like this don't fly but in threads like this one they are constantly being posted.
Of course I hope the story is rubbish and that he'll be ready before Bolton, preferably against Arsenal.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Nah, I can understand that in your injury thread stories like this don't fly but in threads like this one they are constantly being posted.
Of course I hope the story is rubbish and that he'll be ready before Bolton, preferably against Arsenal.
I don't mean injury thread.

But it's better to wait for something official before we all start panic (as the picture you posted firstly).

Cheers. ;)

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
Well why did SAF not tell us about Nani's injury? He would have probably known the day after the injury.
Because there was no speaking to the media as far as I can see.

https://www.redcafe.net/9409931-post173.html

That Inside Old Trafford 'interview' above that was floating around yesterday was dubious to say the least.

An 'interview' which has now strangely disappeared.