Television Narcos: Mexico | Netflix

Mani

I think it was by far the worst of the 4 seasons so far, not that it was terrible but imo the standard of the first 3 are so high that this fell a bit flat in comparison.
4 seasons ?

Completed this last night and for me this season is much better than the last season.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Michael Peña doesn't have enough juice to carry the series, and neither does Diego Luna. They aren't terrible actors, just not charismatic enough and also the writing isn't as good as previous seasons.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Michael Peña doesn't have enough juice to carry the series, and neither does Diego Luna. They aren't terrible actors, just not charismatic enough and also the writing isn't as good as previous seasons.
Agree on Pena but not Luna, thought he was fantastic.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Who is the narrator at the beginning trying to make a case for the War on Drugs? "Marijuana is a gateway drug..." Shut the feck up and take some seats please, no one is here for your Nancy Reagan bullshit.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
4 seasons ?

Completed this last night and for me this season is much better than the last season.
They have done 4 seasons of Narcos. 2 about Escobar, one on the Cali cartel and now this last one in Mexico.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Kiki was crap, but no worse than the lead gringo agent in the early seasons.

Maybe he’s meant to be dislikeable so you’re still kind of rooting for both sides, like how both Gallardo and Escobar had redeeming characteristics.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Who is the narrator at the beginning trying to make a case for the War on Drugs? "Marijuana is a gateway drug..." Shut the feck up and take some seats please, no one is here for your Nancy Reagan bullshit.
I think he’s just meant to tell it from a DEA Agent perspective, not as an omniscient actor.

Jagga7

I thought it was really good. Pena wasn't as bad as some of you are making out. Maybe the prior seasons performance of Escobar set the bar too high.

The Escobar scene was great, him and his hippo-potta-mass.

Roosney

By far the worst Narcos season to date.
Come on, some random guy spends days parked outside of a drug warehouse and they don't suspect anything? He even goggles and takes pictures ffs.
Also the Angél dude just has a beer with the plaza leaders and in two minutes they're all buying into his request.

acnumber9

Just finished it. Thought it was too slow and labored compared to the first 3 Colombian seasons. Hoping the next season picks up better
That’s been my thoughts so far and I’m halfway through. They absolutely flew through Pablo Escobar’s story when there was more to tell. It’s struggling from the fact that neither of the main characters are either likeable or interesting. They’re no Pablo or Pena.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Best season by far. Thought Luna and Pena were both brilliant tbh.

I.think it was comfortably better than any other narcos season.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I absolutely loved it.

The strategic planning of Gallardo :drool:

The story wasn't as action packed as the last 3 seasons, and I think that is part of the reason why not as many people like it in comparison.
However, I thought the story writing was better, there were more subtleties particularly with Chapo that can easily go unnoticed, and the storyline was really compelling.

Overall I thought it was great and I can't wait to see where they go from here.

sherrinford

Can I watch this without having seen the previous seasons? Is it a separate story all together or are there references etc. which I would miss?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can I watch this without having seen the previous seasons? Is it a separate story all together or are there references etc. which I would miss?
Yes you can watch this without the rest. There is only one scene that would be more enjoyable if you've seen the others, but you will understand the significance of it when you see it anyway.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Watched half of it so far. Definitely liked the first 3 seasons more so far, also feel like there is way more Spanish/subtitles in this one (or maybe it's more conversation based so I find myself needing to read way more). Still good mind you, but I'm not fully sucked in like I was for the seasons in Colombia.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It can be. One reason to make it legal imo.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
It can be. One reason to make it legal imo.
How so? Personally I think the whole theory is just unsubstantiated propaganda from war on drug profiteers looking for an imaginary moral justification.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
How so? Personally I think the whole theory is just unsubstantiated propaganda from war on drug profiteers looking for an imaginary moral justification.
Only in the sense that there is a mental difference between taking a legal and an illegal substance and once you take one illegal substance there is less of a mental barrier to taking another.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I don’t know how to rank the seasons, but it’s certainly not the worst in my book.

I loved the guy cast for Don Neto and his big ugly face.:lol: There’s no way I’ll be able to read about actual events regarding this with picturing him now.

Also liked the cameos, and
the tie-ins to further seasons with Shorty. Also wish Don Neto’s crazy ass had been able to waste away on the beach in peace...

Green_Red

By far the worst Narcos season to date.
Come on, some random guy spends days parked outside of a drug warehouse and they don't suspect anything? He even goggles and takes pictures ffs.
Also the Angél dude just has a beer with the plaza leaders and in two minutes they're all buying into his request.
You realise it's based on actual events and evidence right?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I don’t know how to rank the seasons, but it’s certainly not the worst in my book.

I loved the guy cast for Don Neto and his big ugly face.:lol: There’s no way I’ll be able to read about actual events regarding this with picturing him now.

Also liked the cameos, and
the tie-ins to further seasons with Shorty. Also wish Don Neto’s crazy ass had been able to waste away on the beach in peace...
Yeaaah, Don Neto is so fecking awesome. He's almost like a Star Wars alien, but human.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
You realise it's based on actual events and evidence right?
It is, but they have no idea of knowing the exact details of everything that happened. Even when they did know they still spiced some things up to make it more dramatic. I read an article about the first two seasons where they said it was about a 50/50 split between fact and fiction, and if you read up on the stuff they covered in the last season about Mexico you'll see that some pretty significant parts of the show were either heavily altered or simply never happened.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
I gave up after episode 3, its a pile of crap. The guy who plays the 'good' Mexican cop cannot act, is bereft of any charisma and left me cringing with his overall performance in the role. Shame really.

Bojan11

I gave up after episode 3, its a pile of crap. The guy who plays the 'good' Mexican cop cannot act, is bereft of any charisma and left me cringing with his overall performance in the role. Shame really.
I suggest carrying on with it. I didn’t really like him too.

Can’t wait for the next season though

Green_Red

It is, but they have no idea of knowing the exact details of everything that happened. Even when they did know they still spiced some things up to make it more dramatic. I read an article about the first two seasons where they said it was about a 50/50 split between fact and fiction, and if you read up on the stuff they covered in the last season about Mexico you'll see that some pretty significant parts of the show were either heavily altered or simply never happened.
I've read Killing Pablo and it played out pretty much identical to that books account of Pablo Escobars life and death. Anyone else read that book and feel the same way? Seasons 1 and 2?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Who is that? I don’t understand who you’re referring to.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I've read Killing Pablo and it played out pretty much identical to that books account of Pablo Escobars life and death. Anyone else read that book and feel the same way? Seasons 1 and 2?
I haven't read the book so I can't comment on that but obviously the Narcos story as a whole will be as close to the truth as they can get it, otherwise it wouldn't work. Here's the article I mentioned before. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...em/pablos-prison-walkout-narcos-season-929049
It would be strange for him to say that if everything in the show was identical to how it played out in real life, and even if that was their goal they wouldn't have been able to do it anyway as it's impossible to know how or why some things happened.

Spoilers about season 4 below.
It's widely believed that Gallardo ordered the kidnapping of Camarena while in the show he doesn't even know about it. Camarena also never worked at the weed plantation and Qiunteros girl wasn't in on her own kidnapping for example. It's stuff that doesn't change the outcome of the story as a whole but it's examples of how they've added drama to the show that actually never happened in real life.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Just finished it. Liked Diego Luna, loved the fella playing Neto. All set up nicely for season 2 by the look of it, can't wait.

kundalini

I thought it was quite good but not up to the standard of the previous seasons.

Frank Grimes

Best season by far. Thought Luna and Pena were both brilliant tbh.

I.think it was comfortably better than any other narcos season.
Disagree strongly 1>3>2>4 imo.

Felt this season dragged too much after a good first 3 episodes. Final 2 episodes were good though, especially the final one. Thought Pena's acting was really poor for one of the main characters.