Nba 2008-2009

mboRa ndomHer0723

Bulls fan here. The Lakers will be one of the top teams from the West again, but as usual the West will be very hard to get through during the playoffs.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I suppose I should want the Boston Celtics to retain their crown.

I can see this being LeBron's first MVP season as well.

sidsutton

will the Rockets get out of the first round? Doubt it, Yao will prolly get injured again...

Alex

Yeah some of these big men are prone to injuries, the human body wasnt designed to be that big, good segway to announce Oden will be out a fornight-month because of a right foot sprain

Houston are a sneaky good pick though if all goes well for them, Yao McGrady and Artest is a great combination you have scoring inside and out, and defense inside and out. However, I cant look past the Lakers atm

GodlovesUnited

Hornets all the way boys. Hornets v. lakers in the west finals will be great to watch because those are the best two teams and the kobe v. chris paul 07-08 mvp subplot, unless you laker cnuts continue your trend of somehow beating us pretty badly.

Alex

Lakers currently skullfecking the LA Clippers

sidsutton

Yeah some of these big men are prone to injuries, the human body wasnt designed to be that big, good segway to announce Oden will be out a fornight-month because of a right foot sprain
maybe the same question mark has to be put over Bynum?

Alex

You could say that, he is more of a normal size though for a big man, Yao is a freak and Oden to is for that matter(Oden looks like he is LeBron's dad and he is about 20). That said it will be interesting to see how Bynum's knee holds up

sidsutton

yeah, problems at 20 don`t bode well for the future. but then Ilgauskas has gone from young cripple to pretty durable veteran so who knows.

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai
If we can avoid injuries, there is no way any team can beat Houston Rockets in the playoffs. Lakers seems pretty strong, but Bynum and Gasol have always struggled against Yao. Also, with Artest, we have a strong inside and outside presence, and he brings along some intensity and guts, which were lacking from our two big names last season. Pg position is still shite though, with Alston continuing his horrible shooting and Aaron Brooks too raw to step it up.

GodlovesUnited

Hornets are looking fantastic. We stomped all over the Cavs last night in the Arena 104-92 and held Lebron to 15 points last night. James Posey is looking like he's gonna run away with the 6th man award. Plus, our new uniforms look awesome. Chris Paul has to win the mvp this year.

Hoof the ball

Once again the San Antonio Spurs are overlooked despite being 4 time NBA Champions since 1999, retained the main players, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and added some depth to the roster too. If they can get their shit together, unlike last year, then there's a very real chance of making it 5 times in under ten years.

GodlovesUnited

Once again the San Antonio Spurs are overlooked despite being 4 time NBA Champions since 1999, retained the main players, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and added some depth to the roster too. If they can get their shit together, unlike last year, then there's a very real chance of making it 5 times in under ten years.
Spur really don't have a shot this year. They're probably the fourth best team in the West behind the lakers, hornets, and rockets.

Alex

Spur really don't have a shot this year. They're probably the fourth best team in the West behind the lakers, hornets, and rockets.
Yeah they are tough with Parker, Duncan and Ginobli, but it does seem that there glory years are past them which is fine by me

Alex

The Nuggets have traded AI to the Pistons for Antonio McDyess and Chauncey Billups(two ex Nuggets players

sidsutton

pointless trade, improves neither team enough to make a significant difference.

mustaine

pointless trade, improves neither team enough to make a significant difference.
I disagree. It gives Detoit a dinamic scorer who is able to go off for 30 on any given night, something they've been missing for a long time. Also, historically, Iverson has played his best ball on teams that play good defense. His only trip to the finals came in a team that was moulded with role player all around him. Iverson will now be once again the number one choice on offence but has good players around him who can hit open shots. I'm not saying they're going to the finals but it's a good deal for the Pistons. Especially since the biggest driving force for the trade was to get rid of Chauncey's contract which has four year left on it. Also, the Nuggets are most likely going to release McDyess and he'll resign with Detroit again.

Now on to Denver, getting Iverson out of town makes perfect sence because now Melo is the clear first choice on offence. Also, Billups who is one of the best point guards in the league will be running the show for a bunch of wild players.

I would say that in the short run it's an even contest with Detroit probably in front by a small margin. In the long run however, Detroit are making a smart move. A lot of great players will be free agents in the next 2-3 years and this trade gets them into a position to place high bids for superstar players.

sidsutton

aaaaaah, the always popular "free up cap space" trick, the NBA equivalent to Liverpool`s 5 year plan. It hardly ever works.

Alex

Personally I always thought the AI deal to Denver was a bad one. I liked Andre Miller as the PG, while he was here the Nuggets had 2x as many alley oops as any other team. AI is a great player, but at this point in there careers I would take Melo everyday, this deal allows the Nuggets to get another good player either at trading deadline or in the offseason. They dont need to be as good as AI if they fit into the team better.

Alex

aaaaaah, the always popular "free up cap space" trick, the NBA equivalent to Liverpool`s 5 year plan. It hardly ever works.
Denver has lost in the first round for 4 or 5 years in a row, they need to change things. It hardly builds Champions, look what the Celtics and Lakers did

sidsutton

Use some decent punctuation and I might have an idea what you are saying.

GodlovesUnited

The Nuggets have traded AI to the Pistons for Antonio McDyess and Chauncey Billups(two ex Nuggets players
Good trade for both teams. It ends the AI v. melo score-off for the nuggets and gives the pistons one player that can actually make his own shots. Plus, the pistons unload the billups contract as you mentioned earlier.

Alex

I was talking about Iverson's contract it is 10 million more a year although it ends at the end of the year and he will still command 15-18 million. It's probably a better deal money wise for Denver since they are gonna release McDyess and Billups contract is quite fair for a player of his calibre, 4/46

Doevle

So, Alex you seem to have a lot of knowledge when it comes to NBA? How do you reckon Derrick Rose will do for Bulls? can he be the man to get them to the playoffs?

Alex

I think he will be a good player, but that said I think the Bulls although they have good players dont seem to click they are only 3-5 atm, and I really dont know if they make the playoffs they could make the 7th or 8th seed though.

The Lakers are doing well, they beat the Hornets in New Orleans. They are extremely deep and they have the best player in the game. I forsee a title in the future for them.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
fecking right pain in the ass i have. I dont have Sky Digital but Digital Cable in Ireland, so i cant watch the NBA on Channel 5 & i missed the whole of the Celtics win last season :(

I'm a Celtics & Bulls fan - sorry if this is Glory Hunting, but i'm Irish & how good was the Bulls with Jordan, Pippen, Rodman etc.. :D

Alex

Only one player mattered on the Bulls that was Jordan, that said Pippen was the perfect complement

Alex

Intelligent quote by Andrew Bynum seconds ago, So you have played 11 games and are 10 and 1 what do you think about that?

I would rather be ten and 0

hahahahahah

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Watched Cavaliers - Knicks yesterday.

Could someone explain to me what the big deal is with LeBron, in terms of him one day playing there in the future, has he come out and said he wants to or something? Seems strange for them to be making such a big deal of it when he is not a free agent until 2010. Even though New York is a big market, would he not probably have other big offers on the table at that time anyway? What am I missing.

Alex

Watched Cavaliers - Knicks yesterday.

Could someone explain to me what the big deal is with LeBron, in terms of him one day playing there in the future, has he come out and said he wants to or something? Seems strange for them to be making such a big deal of it when he is not a free agent until 2010. Even though New York is a big market, would he not probably have other big offers on the table at that time anyway? What am I missing.
He will make more money on a contract if he resigns for the Cavs, that said he will make countless more in terms of merchandising and endorsements if he goes to NYC, also as the Nets are moving to the Brooklyn in the near future and he is known to be friends with JayZ(who is one of the major owners of the Nets) that could also be a way into New York. In the end, it's like Tiger caring about his prize money from teh PGA it's small changes to his endorsements, it will be the same for LeBron who will still get every cent out of any team he signs with, although the only ones who can give him more than any other team are the Cavs.

Looks like it could be the Celtics and Lakeshow again in the Finals this year, LA is clearly the best in the west, and the same about Boston in the East

Tabata

Likes threads entitled 'Torres Signs' & welches on
He will make more money on a contract if he resigns for the Cavs, that said he will make countless more in terms of merchandising and endorsements if he goes to NYC, also as the Nets are moving to the Brooklyn in the near future and he is known to be friends with JayZ(who is one of the major owners of the Nets) that could also be a way into New York. In the end, it's like Tiger caring about his prize money from teh PGA it's small changes to his endorsements, it will be the same for LeBron who will still get every cent out of any team he signs with, although the only ones who can give him more than any other team are the Cavs.

Looks like it could be the Celtics and Lakeshow again in the Finals this year, LA is clearly the best in the west, and the same about Boston in the East
This may not be happening after all.

Alex

yeah it may never happen by the owners will always want it, that said the Knicks will never let them play at MSG so they need 1 bil for a new arena or so, which makes it pretty unfeasible, that said teh Giants play in Jersey as well, it's only a bridge to New York

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Of course it will be Lakers v Celtics again... Stern demands it... until LeBron ends up in Manhattan with the Knicks, the one city and team MJ always desired to play for but never did.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
lakers, cavs and celtics leading the way at the moment. AI isn't the answer for Detroit. Suns trying tofind a new identity and the Rockets, Mavs, Spurs, Hornets can all supriseon their day.

Alex

Good game going on between the Celtics and Lakers from Staples. Lakers should do all they can to win this one as it has to mean more to them.

Alex

Celts not doing so well of late, going afrer Starburry aparenetly

Alex

Damn the Celtics are turning to shit, King James is blowing them out tonite

King is MVP