Nba 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

God are those pictures of Kobe super homosexual, those would have been a good rape defense back in 2003

Alex

It will be interesting to see where he ends up, the Cavs choked horribly these past two years they have worked too hard in the regular season and it has cost them in the playoffs, if they keep LeBron which is probably LeBron's best option they need to take note and save something for the playoffs next year.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
I'll save my analysis for the 2010/11 thread but there's 5 major players in this game.

Anyways, I think the Celtics - Magic will be a more entertaining series than it's being predicted... Magic in 7... While I think the Suns end the LA run in a bit of a easier series, LA will win 2 home games but Phoenix won't give them a sniff, and steal one in LA... Suns in 6

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I'm going LA in 5 (mainly because Phoenix plays zero defense while LAL can), Orlando in 7 though I would love to see a LA-Boston series again. I think the East champ might win the title this time around. But another ring for Kobe would put him at five - one less than MJ.

LeBron ends up... in Chicago? Best setup to win immediately but he'll forever be in the shadow of Jordan.

In Miami? Nah, he doesn't want to share the spotlight with a top 5 player like Wade.

In New York? I would like to see this happen but it's going to take another player (Bosh or Stoudamire) signing to make it happen IMO.

New Jersey/Brooklyn? They have a great young nucleus and a super rich owner. With an imminent move to Brooklyn in 2012 looming, this could happen. They may change their name as well.

Los Angeles? Not a chance he goes to the Clippers.

Dallas? Nope. Unless Dirk and the Cavs agree a sign-and-trade.

Cleveland? I say 50/50. Especially if they can dump Jamison and sign Bosh while letting Shaq go elsewhere. Things might have played out differently if they could have pulled of the Stoudamire trade.

shaydun

Anyone think the Lakers will look at LeBron this summer? They certainly have the pieces to do a huge sign and trade with the Cavs.

It's a bit far fetched for numerous and obvious reasons, but I could see Buss at least looking at the idea.

And surely LBJ would have to give serious consideration if the Lakers somehow put a deal on the table.

MrMarcello

I can't imagine Kobe or LeBron would concede sharing the spotlight with one another. Too many alpha dogs in one yard.

I would cream my jockeys if Dallas could pull off a Dirk plus Terry for LeBron sign and trade. But it will never happen.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Suns have reacted with a collective smirk to Phil Jackson's suggestion that Steve Nash travels with the basketball.

Nash even had a subtle retort worthy of Jackson himself.

"It's news to me. I'm fortunate. I don't know if I've been called for a carry yet," he said after the Suns practiced Saturday, then he added straight-faced: "I've never heard anyone accuse me of carrying it. I mean, the best coach in the league Gregg Popovich [of San Antonio] didn't have a problem with it last week."
NASH !!!! :lol:... Love it.

Anyone think the Lakers will look at LeBron this summer? They certainly have the pieces to do a huge sign and trade with the Cavs.

It's a bit far fetched for numerous and obvious reasons, but I could see Buss at least looking at the idea.

And surely LBJ would have to give serious consideration if the Lakers somehow put a deal on the table.
I think the only of the big FA's the Lakers can make play for is for Bosh in a sign & trade basis, LeBron won't be S&T'd anywhere because of the financial obligations towards the team that signs him. (FA's get less in bonus' then players aquired in a trade, aka more financial commitment for a team that would trade FOR LeBron)

And...

I can't imagine Kobe or LeBron would concede sharing the spotlight with one another. Too many alpha dogs in one yard.
With all the desire for Kobe vs LeBron, if they ever played together it would be just, wrong.

I would cream my jockeys if Dallas could pull off a Dirk plus Terry for LeBron sign and trade. But it will never happen.
The kicker in any potential for that deal is the simple and plain fact that it makes so much sense for Cleveland... I know for fact if LeBron won't re-sign, it's the best available realistic package... If only every market was even

Alex

Cleveland wouldn't do a sign and trade with anyone, are you mad people.

I actually think that the best option for LeBron is probably to stay in Cleveland, and just sign another 3 year deal. That said, the Bulls could be quite a good place to go.

Alex

NASH !!!! :lol:... Love it.

I think the only of the big FA's the Lakers can make play for is for Bosh in a sign & trade basis, LeBron won't be S&T'd anywhere because of the financial obligations towards the team that signs him. (FA's get less in bonus' then players aquired in a trade, aka more financial commitment for a team that would trade FOR LeBron)

And...

With all the desire for Kobe vs LeBron, if they ever played together it would be just, wrong.

The kicker in any potential for that deal is the simple and plain fact that it makes so much sense for Cleveland... I know for fact if LeBron won't re-sign, it's the best available realistic package... If only every market was even

LeBron is an unrestricted free agent

MrMarcello

What's your point? If his rights are dealt by July 1st it can be done
It's happened before. Player A resigns with his current club and is traded for Players B and C. Player A gets a max deal and his current club get adequate compensation for trading his rights. It's basically agreed upon by the free agent and the two clubs. Only in the NBA does this occur. Trying to remember the last time this happened. I want to say Chris Webber might have been involved in one such trade.

Cleveland would be in much better shape by acquiring two players, perhaps a third and/or draft choice(s), than losing LeBron with nothing in return. It would also be LeBron's way of not exiting Cleveland and leaving them in ruins. You add players like Dirk and Terry, and possibly a draft pick or two, resign Shaq, and the Cavs will easily remain a top dog in the East.

NBA Free Agency Rumors: 10 Possible Sign and Trade Deals | Bleacher Report

LeBron James: Six NBA Teams that Could Sign-and-Trade with Cleveland Cavaliers | Bleacher Report

Alex

Why would LeBron go ahead with it? A sign and trade will only work, LeBron has said he looked forward to this summer so he could choose his destination. So the whole point of a sign and trade is mute because LeBron won't sign, Why the feck would LeBron do a sign and trade? It would weaken the team he would be going to as well?

Alex

It's happened before. Player A resigns with his current club and is traded for Players B and C. Player A gets a max deal and his current club get adequate compensation for trading his rights. It's basically agreed upon by the free agent and the two clubs. Only in the NBA does this occur. Trying to remember the last time this happened. I want to say Chris Webber might have been involved in one such trade.
Really I don't think so Weber was pissed to get shipped off to Sacramento I remember.

For LeBron he makes so much money about sponsors that it really doesnt matter, sure he will get the most in Cleveland but that really doesnt matter. I think he will stay though, just because his image really took a shot in these playoffs and will even more so if he leaves.

MrMarcello

Why would LeBron go ahead with it? A sign and trade will only work, LeBron has said he looked forward to this summer so he could choose his destination. So the whole point of a sign and trade is mute because LeBron won't sign, Why the feck would LeBron do a sign and trade? It would weaken the team he would be going to as well?
Depends on the situation. LeBron gets max money and gets to pick the club, say Dallas in this scenario, that he could not sign with as a free agent (no cap room). Trading Dirk and Terry frees up the cap room.

PG Kidd, Barea, Beaubois
SG Butler, Carroll
PF Najera, Thomas
SF James, Marion, Stevenson
C Dampier, Haywood

The PF spot is the glaring need in such a scenario but I'm sure Cuban would find some veteran to sign on a minimum deal.

Edit: For cap purposes it might have to be a LeBron/Jamison for Dirk/Terry trade, or LeBron straight up for Dirk plus draft picks.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Really I don't think so Weber was pissed to get shipped off to Sacramento I remember.
Correct. He was absolutely pissed to be traded to Sacramento and there was no doubt in anyone's mind when that trade was made that he'd be there for the remaining three years of his contract and then leave. Things changed. And I don't think that was a sign and trade either. If it was, Richmond was the one who was signed and traded and not Webber. He was already in the middle of a huge deal when he was sent to Philly. Horrible trade by the way.

The fact that Webber was just as pissed to be traded away from Sacramento as he was when he was traded to Sacramento is something Sacramento can be proud of.

Alex

It was a great trade for the Kings too, they really built there team around him and took the Lakers to brink a couple times, those were some tough series

Alex

Depends on the situation. LeBron gets max money and gets to pick the club, say Dallas in this scenario, that he could not sign with as a free agent (no cap room). Trading Dirk and Terry frees up the cap room.

PG Kidd, Barea, Beaubois
SG Butler, Carroll
PF Najera, Thomas
SF James, Marion, Stevenson
C Dampier, Haywood

The PF spot is the glaring need in such a scenario but I'm sure Cuban would find some veteran to sign on a minimum deal.

Edit: For cap purposes it might have to be a LeBron/Jamison for Dirk/Terry trade, or LeBron straight up for Dirk plus draft picks.
:lol:

You are deluded

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
:lol:

You are deluded
He's right though

Bosh already claimed to Toronto that in the event he leaves, he wants it to be in a S&T capacity so he doesn't leave us empty handed... Rumors include the Lakers for Bynum and Minnesota for a draft pick

Alex

You know that LeBron isn't going to do that though, I honestly think he will stay, but in the end God only knows. I seriously doubt LeBron would go to Dallas though. It'll be Cleveland, Chicago, or NYC; none of which would be a sign and trade deal.

In the end he is just too big of a player to need one of those to go somewhere. I think he will stay in Cleveland and they will get a big time coach who actually knows something about BBall. Yeah, that was harsh on Mike Brown, but he is way to simplistic with his offensive sets, it was like give it to LeBron and see what happens, with some basic plays, that get figured out quite quickly in the playoffs

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
You know that LeBron isn't going to do that though, I honestly think he will stay, but in the end God only knows. I seriously doubt LeBron would go to Dallas though. It'll be Cleveland, Chicago, or NYC; none of which would be a sign and trade deal.

In the end he is just too big of a player to need one of those to go somewhere. I think he will stay in Cleveland and they will get a big time coach who actually knows something about BBall. Yeah, that was harsh on Mike Brown, but he is way to simplistic with his offensive sets, it was like give it to LeBron and see what happens, with some basic plays, that get figured out quite quickly in the playoffs
Well we didn't say it was realistic, Mr Marcello even stated in the original post that it was impossible... You have to list off all the potential suitors and play with even the most outrageous ideas.

The Clippers are even more insane then the Dallas potential

Alex

The Clippers haha naw, LeBron will stay on the East Side of the country, the only 'big team' west of the Missisippi are the Lakers

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
The Clippers haha naw, LeBron will stay on the East Side of the country, the only 'big team' west of the Missisippi are the Lakers
Which has been in the underground media for a few days now, Kobe taking his ETO, taking a smaller contract, and LeBron joining.

I can fully confirm as well that players make more in S&T's because the players demand and recieve more guarenteed money... "Max" contracts aren't done through a sign and trade basis, based on the newest CBA... So players would make more guarenteed money with a S&T then they would in free market.

Which might be part of the reason Chris Bosh is ready to do such a deal, though i'll take his commitment to supporting the Raptors as a reason

MrMarcello

The way Boston is playing defense and have that swag going, they could beat LAL. Especially considering Gasol hates contact and plays soft against physical teams.

Alex

Why wouldn't they? If LeBron says "I'm leaving for Chicago" (for example) they can either say "Aww. We'll miss you," and let him go for nothing, or do a sign-and-trade and get a valuable player in return.
They ball isn't in their court, the Cavs are not going to put any pressure on LeBron til decide until he is ready. They will try to sway him, but to pressure him into a decision to do a sign and trade, in case he doesnt want to stay is stupid. It is an extra 1.5 million a year. Again why the feck would LeBron sign with Cleveland so they could trade him to Chicago in a sign and trade and vastly weaken the team he would be going to, it doesnt make any fecking sense.

The Celtics look dangerous, Rondo is some fecking player. I think they could give the Lakers a run for their money, as Gasol is certainly a bit of a softy. I did like Ariza and thought he was a better option in some ways than Artest, but that series would be tailor made for Artest I think which would be good. They would need a big series from Fisher though, because atm the worst matchup between the two sides would be at PG with the way that Rondo is playing.

shaydun

They ball isn't in their court, the Cavs are not going to put any pressure on LeBron til decide until he is ready. They will try to sway him, but to pressure him into a decision to do a sign and trade, in case he doesnt want to stay is stupid. It is an extra 1.5 million a year. Again why the feck would LeBron sign with Cleveland so they could trade him to Chicago in a sign and trade and vastly weaken the team he would be going to, it doesnt make any fecking sense.
FFS Alex.

We're talking about a sign and trade to a team that does not have the cap space to sign LeBron, eg the Mavs or the Lakers.

Alex

Yeah and I am saying it is not going to fecking happen...

shaydun

Yeah and I am saying it is not going to fecking happen...
I think we all agree it's extremely unlikely to happen.
You're not exactly enlightening us with new info, its just talk, thats all.

Like has been said to you already, hypothetical.

Excal

Jesus, is this really that hard to understand?

LeBron's new team wants to clear some cap room. LeBron wants his new team to clear cap room so they can sign other FAs or otherwise improve his new team. Cleveland wants to get something out of losing their star player. A sign-and-trade potentially benefits every party involved. I'm not saying it has to happen that way. I'm not saying it will happen that way. I'm saying it can happen that way, and under certain circumstances it would make perfect sense.

chewingkebabs

So let's talk about real important matters, such as the reason why Lebron is DEFINITELY not coming back to Cleveland. I didn't want to bring this prematurely, because like Rafa Benitez, I am all about reporting real facts. But two days and two sources have gone by, so I think it might actually be true. Sit down before you read this:

Lebron blames the Cavaliers for allowing Delonte West to feck HIS MOM. :lol::lol::lol:

Lebron and Gloria James were supposed to have dinner after game three. Jay-Z and Beyonce showed up at the game, and after Lebron's big performance, they all went out on the town leaving Gloria at the team hotel. Delonte West doesn't go out partying with the team because of his pending legal troubles (a DUI or public intox or drunken dissorderly would look really bad). Delonte and Gloria went and had dinner at the hotel, had drinks with dinner, and continued drinking at the bar into the night. Drunk they went back to Gloria's room and bumped uglies.
Lebron returned to the hotel around 3:30 in the morning and knocked on his mom's door with some left-overs and to check if she was alright. Delonte opened the door in a towel.

Not only did James see this, so to did Gibson, O'Neal, and Williams. Immediately the news spread to the team and the locker room because very tense and uncomfortable.

James was pissed about both the Delonte incident and the way his teammates "disrespected" him by letting the story outside of the family, and basically told them that if they wanted to win, they were on their own to win.

After game 5, James realized that dogging it would hurt his image this summer and that Wade might overshadow his star, especially as Chicago was clamoring for Wade and the Knicks have eyes for Bosh. So he tried, but the team chemistry had been lost and his individual performance was simply not enough to overcome Boston.

James blamed the Cavs for the situation occuring. Had the West situation been handled when his arrest occurred, or if the Cavs hadn't balked at the Phoenix deal at the deadline (which included West), then Delonte wouldn't have been there to defile Gloria*.

Now he wants control or he wants out, and Gilbert is left wondering whether he should turn the whole franchise over to a 25 year old powder-keg who quit on his team, or if he should continue with GM of the year Danny Ferry and rebuild in the image of the Spurs.
I think West's move trumps anything that John Terry or Cashley Cole have done. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.