Nba 2011-2012

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
New season is approaching and some interesting trade rumours. Nets & Clippers are apparently interested in getting Howard - a front-court of Griffin & Howard would be immense. Hope the Lakers throw everything they can at Orlando to get Howard.

Rondo's also being offered around by the Celtics. If they can get Paul it would be a huge upgrade but I think CP3 will end up at the Knicks.

mboRa ndomHer0723

New season is approaching and some interesting trade rumours. Nets & Clippers are apparently interested in getting Howard - a front-court of Griffin & Howard would be immense. Hope the Lakers throw everything they can at Orlando to get Howard.

Rondo's also being offered around by the Celtics. If they can get Paul it would be a huge upgrade but I think CP3 will end up at the Knicks.
CP3 will only go to the Knicks if he is willing to take a big paycut. For some reason I can see him and Howard going to the Lakers.

I am just hoping the Bulls add a SG who can score so that some pressure can be taken away from Rose.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Paul won't go to the Celtics, he knows they're too old to be competitive long term. He wants the Knicks unfortunately, and he'll probably end up there. Although it's difficult to see how that would happen right now, as the NBA (who own the Hornets) have no intention of letting him team up with Amare and Carmelo while they can stop it.

Howard at LAC would instantly make Clippers contenders. They'd need to get a few pieces to fill in around them as they'd have to give up some of their young talent to get him, but it would be one of the best big men duos ever, if not then the best. I'm not sure Sterling is competent enough not to screw something like that up though, or to make it happen in the first place.

Hopefully Howard doesn't go to the Lakers anyway.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Ah man Howard and Griffin with Gordon in the backcourt would be exciting to watch.

Excal

CP3 will only go to the Knicks if he is willing to take a big paycut. For some reason I can see him and Howard going to the Lakers.

I am just hoping the Bulls add a SG who can score so that some pressure can be taken away from Rose.
There's not much out there, and the Bulls have very little money to spend outside of their MLE, (and even the MLE is going to put them into luxury tax land, something Reinsdorf has shown little interest in doing.) Anyone likely to be a significant improvement is probably going to have to take a pay cut to do so. Crawford's probably willing to, and he can score, but I'm not so sure Thibodeau would want to start such defensive weak link at the 2 spot. Richardson might be a good option, but we'll see whether he's any interest in playing for half what he might get elsewhere.

mboRa ndomHer0723

There's not much out there, and the Bulls have very little money to spend outside of their MLE, (and even the MLE is going to put them into luxury tax land, something Reinsdorf has shown little interest in doing.) Anyone likely to be a significant improvement is probably going to have to take a pay cut to do so. Crawford's probably willing to, and he can score, but I'm not so sure Thibodeau would want to start such defensive weak link at the 2 spot. Richardson might be a good option, but we'll see whether he's any interest in playing for half what he might get elsewhere.
Hopefully some good SG will take a nice paycut.

In regards to CP3, I just saw this:

Report: Chris Paul Requests Trade To New York Knicks

New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul reportedly will not sign a contract extension and has requested a trade to the New York Knicks, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Paul has been the topic of recent NBA trade rumors with the Boston Celtics, but has said he would not be open to signing a long-term contract extension with Boston. It is believed that Paul would like to join fellow superstars Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire in New York where the three could compete against Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Chris Bosh of the Miami Heat for an Eastern Conference title.

The 26-year-old former first round pick can become a free agent after this season. In his 425 career games with the New Orleans Hornets, Paul has average 18.7 points, 9.9 assists and 4.6 rebounds per game.

ArmchairCritic

Someone please come to Sacramento.
You have loads of guards if you keep Thornton, Cousins should have centre on lock too but the depth there will suffer with Dalembert seemingly on his way to the Heat, you definitely need some forwards though. Who would you like jveezy?

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
You have loads of guards if you keep Thornton, Cousins should have centre on lock too but the depth there will suffer with Dalembert seemingly on his way to the Heat, you definitely need some forwards though. Who would you like jveezy?
I'm actually really happy with the core of the team, but we just need some veteran experience. I'm not too thrilled with John Salmons being our starting 3, but he'll do for now.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Kirilenko will do for the Kings please. As well as resigning Thornton and Dally/Chandler.

[/fantasy]

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Thornton will be resigned. We can match anyone that isn't overpaying, and I think he wants to stay, because he likes the fans and has played his best basketball since joining. I'd be okay with losing Dalembert, though I think he's a standup guy. I'm excited to see where J.J. Hickson fits in.

If we sign nobody, that means everyone is going to get a lot of minutes, which will be good for development, but not great for injuries, especially on a condensed schedule.

reelworld

Jason Richardson is a FA I believe. Would be a hugh upgrade from Ronnie Brewer. The guy is guarantee 15-20 points most of the nights. Decent rebounder as well

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
How much does Boozer have left on his contract. He's a waste of space.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Thornton will be resigned. We can match anyone that isn't overpaying, and I think he wants to stay, because he likes the fans and has played his best basketball since joining. I'd be okay with losing Dalembert, though I think he's a standup guy. I'm excited to see where J.J. Hickson fits in.

If we sign nobody, that means everyone is going to get a lot of minutes, which will be good for development, but not great for injuries, especially on a condensed schedule.
Yeah, Thonrton is a cert to be resigned. Hopefully at about 5-6 million per. Dalembert started to play well with Cousins toward the end of last year, they worked well together and if he comes back (doubtful) then hopefully they can continue to build on that. Cousins needs a defensive big next to him at the moment, and Dally fits the bill. Chandler would too, although I suspect he's searching for too much money.

Hickson is a good young talent, but he's a little redundant with JT there. He's an excellent athlete and has a developing game but he's not much of a defender, so perhaps we could see a trade involving JT? It's possible...

Apparently we're one of a few teams interested in Chuck Hayes. He wouldn't be bad as a third or fourth big given his defense and hustle, but don't want him as a direct replacement for Dalembert. You have to like the guy, but he's tiny for a center.

The tight schedule could suit young teams and hurt the older teams.

mboRa ndomHer0723

Jason Richardson is a FA I believe. Would be a hugh upgrade from Ronnie Brewer. The guy is guarantee 15-20 points most of the nights. Decent rebounder as well
Doubt he will sign with the Bulls as other teams can offer him a lot more $$$

4 years I believe. He is not that bad though, he just looked bad against the Heat in the playoffs. I still think he was more injured then he let on though because he didn't look right trying to jump.

Excal

He had a bad year last year, partly due to health issues, but I don't at all agree that he's a waste of space. The long offseason rest will hopefully have helped him recover. And he's got 4 years and over $60M left on his contract.

Yes, and that's the problem. He's too good, and at 30, will be presented with the choice of signing the last big contract of his career, or risking a year on an MLE salary, hoping to get a ring out of it and maybe a bigger contract next year.

There's reasons to take a shot with the Bulls, but some bad luck with injury could literally cost him tens of millions. Could hardly blame him for passing on that risk.

forevrared

Every year I try to get more into the NBA and seem to fail each time. I try to watch the Hawks when I can and have been to see them live, but it just doesn't hold my interest the way baseball, football and (our) football do.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
The son of Laker's owner Jerry Buss, Jim I believe, is now mostly running the Lakers. Bynum was his pick way back, his man. The word is that's he'll stick by him, meaning no Howard.

Not written in stone, but sounded like it won't happen last time I read about it.

I'm a Lakers fan.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
The son of Laker's owner Jerry Buss, Jim I believe, is now mostly running the Lakers. Bynum was his pick way back, his man. The word is that's he'll stick by him, meaning no Howard.

Not written in stone, but sounded like it won't happen last time I read about it.

I'm a Lakers fan.
I am not overly worried about Howard not coming to LA given the fact that we get a quality PG, hopefully we can afford Paul's wages.

mboRa ndomHer0723

I'm a Lakers fan.
I just read this the other day, and it is about Bynum and Howard. Its a long article so I put it with some spoilers

The Point Forward » Posts Bynum may be Orlando’s best option «

Bynum may be Orlando’s best option

If the Magic deal Dwight Howard, they would be hard-pressed to find a better building block than Lakers center Andrew Bynum.
It is madness in the NBA now, with reports flying about which agent called which team and vice versa – all as teams try to understand the implications of a collective bargaining agreement that still isn’t finalized. But amid all of the rumors — legit, floated and otherwise — one stands out: The Lakers are willing to send center Andrew Bynum, Jim Buss’ golden boy, to Orlando in a deal for potential 2012 free agent Dwight Howard, according to Ken Berger of CBS Sports.

There is more drama surrounding the Buss family, as Jerry shifts control to his children, than there is in two dozen of the NBA’s ownership groups combined. Jim, Jerry’s designated successor atop the organization, is somehow already unpopular, tagged as gruff and hard-headed, lacking in loyalty to key members of the Phil Jackson regime (especially Brian Shaw), a bit hot-and-cold with his allegedly brainier sister, Jeanie, and stubborn when it comes to Bynum, Jim’s personal draft pick. There is truth in some of this, according to reporters who live the Los Angeles beat, but it’s also true that Jim has developed a reputation before he has had time to put anything like a personal stamp on the league’s glamour franchise. And as Roland Lazenby, a Lakers guru, pointed out on Twitter today, a willingness to move Bynum in the “right deal” belies that reputation and might be a sign that perhaps Jim is smarter than we think.

Let’s be clear: If you can get Dwight Howard, and the primary cost in on-court talent is Andrew Bynum, you make the deal in a second. There are other costs, to be sure. The Magic will want more than Bynum, which might mean losing forward Lamar Odom and finding a third team — at additional cost — to supply a first-round draft pick or some other asset the Magic might want. Orlando could force forward Hedo Turkoglu’s toxic deal on the Lakers. The new rules on extend-and-trade deals would cost Howard a year and some cash, just as it would point guards Chris Paul and Deron Williams, but Howard starts out with a higher base salary than either of those players.

Most interesting of all: Acquiring and extending Howard would leave the Lakers with about $70 million committed alone to Howard, Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol in 2013-14, and that doesn’t include Metta World Peace’s $7.7 million option or Steve Blake’s $4 million guaranteed for that season. The Lakers will likely rid themselves of both by then, via amnesty, trade or buyout, but acquiring another star makes it almost certain — if it wasn’t already — that the Lakers will pay the luxury tax in each of the next three seasons.

The new, harsher tax rates, starting at $1.50 per dollar for the first $5 million over the tax line, kick in during that third season, and the Lakers would face the extra-severe repeater penalties if they cross the line a fourth straight time in 2014-15. Go just $15 million over the tax line in that fourth year, and you’re facing a tax bill of $43.75 million under the new rules. The Lakers, with a new TV deal worth $150 million per year, will be the ultimate test case of whether the new tax rates, combined with a more aggressive revenue-sharing program, can stop the richest teams from spending.

But that’s money, and the Lakers could take steps to mitigate that bill over time. In basketball terms, you go after Howard and deal with the other stuff later. Howard, who turns 26 next week, is less than two years older than Bynum, and yet he is so much more accomplished — and not only because Bynum misses 20 or 30 games every season.

Bynum, through no fault of his own, has never been the first option in Los Angeles’ offense, and rarely even the second. Still, in those limited chances, he has put up an All-Star-level Player Efficiency Rating in each of the last four seasons, he’s one of the league’s best offensive rebounders and he’s a brute in the post. He has improved as a passer, and he could absolutely develop into the sort of post player you build an offense around. Heck, new Lakers coach Mike Brown sounds ready to move in that direction this season, if Bynum is still around.

The Magic, stuck in what appears to be an awful situation, will be hard-pressed to find a better potential building block in any Howard trade.

But Howard is quicker on his feet and more experienced dealing with the responsibility of carrying an offense — the double teams, the stunts from defenders and the difficulty of swinging the ball to the right teammate. Howard isn’t an ace at this stuff — witness his high turnover rate — but we know he can lead a good NBA offense. Surround him with Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol and some shooters (an issue in Los Angeles, by the way), and the league is in trouble.

It’s on defense where Howard is just on another level. Bynum is slower and less willing (or able) to disrupt pick-and-rolls on the perimeter. This forced Jackson to redesign the Lakers’ defense midstream last season, opting for a scheme in which Bynum sagged back into the paint on pick-and-rolls, corralling the ball-handler as a Lakers guard chased that ball-handler from behind. They ran into trouble against pick-and-pop big men because Bynum’s sagging took him far from those players when they popped out. That, in turn, forced all sorts of help rotations, where Bynum can struggle.

He’s a willing helper and a good shot-blocker with long arms, but he can’t close space as quickly as Howard. He sometimes gets confused, taking an extra beat to find the right shooter to chase or simply pursuing the wrong one; he was part of the communication breakdowns that plagued the Lakers during their defensive collapse against Dallas in the playoffs.

Some of this will come with time. But Howard is always going to be faster and more agile, he’s always been healthier and he is already the league’s finest defensive player. Losing a young 7-footer doesn’t hurt if you get back a better young 7-footer. Losing Odom, if the deal requires it, might actually be the larger short-term cost in terms of the Lakers’ on-court talent. Even if Odom might be a bit less valuable outside the triangle offense, the Lakers are not a deep team, and trading two key players for one hurts in that regard.

Still, this is Dwight Howard. You get him and deal with the other stuff later. Wish the Magic luck, everyone.

ha_rooney

I am not overly worried about Howard not coming to LA given the fact that we get a quality PG, hopefully we can afford Paul's wages.
I'd like Howard as he would give us some domination in the paint, Gasol can be too soft at times and Bynum's injury record means we can't really rely on him. Although I think a PG is a must, Fisher might be a legend for the Lakers but he should be coming off the bench not starting games at PG.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Yeah, Thonrton is a cert to be resigned. Hopefully at about 5-6 million per. Dalembert started to play well with Cousins toward the end of last year, they worked well together and if he comes back (doubtful) then hopefully they can continue to build on that. Cousins needs a defensive big next to him at the moment, and Dally fits the bill. Chandler would too, although I suspect he's searching for too much money.

Hickson is a good young talent, but he's a little redundant with JT there. He's an excellent athlete and has a developing game but he's not much of a defender, so perhaps we could see a trade involving JT? It's possible...

Apparently we're one of a few teams interested in Chuck Hayes. He wouldn't be bad as a third or fourth big given his defense and hustle, but don't want him as a direct replacement for Dalembert. You have to like the guy, but he's tiny for a center.

The tight schedule could suit young teams and hurt the older teams.
I want to keep JT just because I like him. This is mostly due to his energy. I think he is getting better, though it's slower than we want, but he is improving.

I really like the idea of Chuck Hayes coming in. Part of that is because he's from Modesto, so this is practically home for him. The other part being that if he's that small, he has to be very technically sound at his position. So hopefully that can rub off on the other younger players if they bring him in.

Chuck Hayes Contacted By Kings, Agent Says - Sactown Royalty

Hayes, No. 19 on my Top NBA 2011 Free Agents list, is a defensive-minded power forward and center with little offensive capability beyond crashing the class. He's just 6'6, but he was still one of five or best defenders at center according to John Hollinger's All-Defense column. John Schuhmann of NBA.com also notes that of the Rockets' five most heavily used lineups last season, all included Kevin Martin, Luis Scola and Kyle Lowry. But only the three most successful of those lineups had Hayes.
In my look on underpaid players based on Win Shares, I wrote that while Hayes made just $2.1 million last season, he produced the Win Shares of a player worth $9 million. (I hope the Kings do not spend $9 million on him, because his market value, as opposed to on-court value, seems much lower.)

ha_rooney

ESPN sources saying Lakers want Howard and Paul :drool::drool:

ArmchairCritic

I want Howard to go to the Clippers, it'd be nice to see a superstar go against the grain somewhat. Give the Lakers a whole to think about too.

ArmchairCritic

He can come to Sacramento. We can even supply the grain so he can go against it whenever he damn well wants to.
:lol:

I just want to see Griffin and Howard in the same team, dunks and rebounds galore. Then with Williams and Gordon deep, they for me could really do damage.

RDCR07

Yeah Baby!

Lakers set to land Paul - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

The Los Angeles Lakers are nearing an agreement to acquire All-Star point guard Chris Paul in a three-team trade that will cost them Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Lakers are finalizing the trade with the New Orleans Hornets and Houston Rockets. Under the terms of the deal, the Lakers would send Gasol to the Rockets.

The Hornets would receive Odom, Rockets guards Kevin Martin and Goran Dragic and forward Luis Scola, league sources said.

“It’s not finalized, but we’re close,” one front-office official involved in the negotiations said.
Although I am sad we are losing Odom. Gasol can feck off to somewhere else!

ha_rooney

Well if Bynum is still available to trade then I suspect the Howard move will happen also. On paper it will be fantastic but I hope we have good depth as well, apparently every team has to play 4 games in as many days which is ridiculous.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Well if Bynum is still available to trade then I suspect the Howard move will happen also. On paper it will be fantastic but I hope we have good depth as well, apparently every team has to play 4 games in as many days which is ridiculous.
But how much frontcourt depth do you actually have? Even if you get Howard, you'll probably have to give up Bynum to get him.

RDCR07

How are we going to replace Odom? He is our second star player. He does so much for us.