Nba 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Finally Lakers win.

Have there been any updates on Derrick Rose and whether he may return at some point this season?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think his return date is February. If I was the Bulls admin, then I would just keep it out maybe till the playoffs if they make it. Then depending on the opponent, I might give him a run out. If it was the Heat, I would just rest him this season and bring him back next year.

ha_rooney

Thanks.

I agree on keeping him out until he is 100% fit. I don't see the Bulls (or any team in the East) getting past Miami this season, so there is no point rushing him back for the sake of it.

I hope he recovers completely and returns to the same form he showed pre-injury - one of my favourite players in the league.

ha_rooney

1-4 start to the season. Pathetic.

What's wrong with Pau? Only 2-9 and 5 points in the game. The bench still sucks.

Is this Princeton offense actually working or not?

Unless we win 7 of the next 10 then Mike Brown should be sacked. I saw him on PTI a few weeks back and he comes across as a total buffoon. There is no chance he has it in him to tell Kobe & Dwight and others what to do. He just seems like a complete idiot.

Zen

Won't last, but it's hysterical to see "money" teams fail. LOLAKERS. Shame it'll still be the Heat-Lakers regardless.

Bulls have started better than I'd expect, but eh, hard to find anything to care about with NBA at the moment, though I'm planning to go to the Knicks-Bulls game in January, mebbe Rose will return early-ish, looks very good in his return vids, but if they are above 6th seed, there won't be a rush to bring him back.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
1-4 start to the season. Pathetic.

What's wrong with Pau? Only 2-9 and 5 points in the game. The bench still sucks.

Is this Princeton offense actually working or not?

Unless we win 7 of the next 10 then Mike Brown should be sacked. I saw him on PTI a few weeks back and he comes across as a total buffoon. There is no chance he has it in him to tell Kobe & Dwight and others what to do. He just seems like a complete idiot.
The offense will be ok when they get used to to, it's the defense that's terrible, they're giving up so many open shots.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Mike Brown is worse than useless, he's damaging. Someone call Larry Brown, get him out of SMU.

As good as those Lakers teams in the Shaq era were at scoring, it was the defense that won those titles more than anything. I believe we were 1st in least points allowed per game in those days. These guys need to be one of the best defensive teams in the league.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
LeBron James has been 2 rebounds or 2 assists off a triple-double 75 times.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Mike Brown is worse than useless, he's damaging. Someone call Larry Brown, get him out of SMU.

As good as those Lakers teams in the Shaq era were at scoring, it was the defense that won those titles more than anything. I believe we were 1st in least points allowed per game in those days. These guys need to be one of the best defensive teams in the league.
Its not all Brown's fault though. He is an excellent defensive coach. I agree the Princeton offense isn't exactly a great offensive set but still. Offense is not his forte. Its the players fault yesterday. No desire to do anything. No one giving it their all. The players are equally to blame as the coach is.

ArmchairCritic

Wouldn't be surprised if Roberston and Magic, possibly Kidd, have exceeded that statistic.
Well yeah considering they're the top 3 of the triple-double club it's likely, although I'm sure if LeBron wanted he could shit out Kidd style triple-doubles.

ha_rooney

@SportsCenter: BREAKING NEWS: Source tells ESPNLA's @ramonashelburne the Lakers have fired head coach Mike Brown.

ha_rooney

So much for the vote of confidence. Big responsibility on players now as they can't blame brown for future failings.

Will be interesting who replaces him and what they do with the offense system. D also must improve.

ha_rooney

Mike d'antoni's name being mentioned as a replacement. Although, if Phil wants to return then it's a no-brainer.

I think the Kobe death stare was the end of brown. No coming back from that.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
The Lakers job should be a tempting one for many coaches, we should manage to get someone good.

At least the Lakers figured Brown out faster than Cleveland did.

ArmchairCritic

Fuccck they fired Brown damn.

This was Kobe giving Brown the death stare at the last game:

:lol:

ArmchairCritic

D'Antoni has just had replacement knee surgery I believe, makes it difficult for him to come in now. Will the Zen Master come back?

ha_rooney

Yahoo apparently told by sources that the firing was mostly about the offense. I guess the Princeton offense is now dead.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Why you guys catching feelings for :lol:. I'm just saying LeBron if he wanted could put up less points than he normally averages for the sacrifice of more assists, chill man. A triple-double is a triple-double.
Nice spin. "If he wanted to." So LeBron doesn't want to get triple doubles is your assertment?

Coulda shoulda woulda comes to mind. Your post comes off like those Messi fanbois that anytime Ronaldo is mentioned they retort with Messi this or Messi that (or in Cal's world the exact opposite).

They're completely different players, obviously, and great in what they do. No one was attempting to belittle LBJ, but apparently you cried over the mere mention of Jason Kidd. Did he break your heart winning the title over LBJ and the Heat in 2011?

I also find it quite impressive a 6'4 point guard could rebound so well, same for Robertson though he was slightly taller and played in a different era.

ArmchairCritic

Nice spin. "If he wanted to." So LeBron doesn't want to get triple doubles is your assertment?

Coulda shoulda woulda comes to mind. Your post comes off like those Messi fanbois that anytime Ronaldo is mentioned they retort with Messi this or Messi that (or in Cal's world the exact opposite).

They're completely different players, obviously, and great in what they do. No one was attempting to belittle LBJ, but apparently you cried over the mere mention of Jason Kidd. Did he break your heart winning the title over LBJ and the Heat in 2011?

I also find it quite impressive a 6'4 point guard could rebound so well, same for Robertson though he was slightly taller and played in a different era.
So many feelings caught :lol:

ArmchairCritic

I legitimately couldn't give a feck about LeBron, I think he's a great player and that's it. Fanboi? Right.

ArmchairCritic

I'm not even belittling Kidd, it's amazing he could rebound as well as he did. 104 triple-doubles is nothing to be sniffed at. My observation looking at a 100 of Kidd's triple doubles is his average statline of 17.7-11.4-12.2 (that's amazing) could be emulated by LeBron. However it's all a bit of a pointless argument because LeBron plays a very different role to Kidd. They both do what they need to do for their team to win which at the end of the day is far more important to the statline. It really doesn't fecking matter. I guess that's what happens when people try to assert a tone to a post.

ArmchairCritic

'Atta boy, save that face, spin it.
I see the 'shit out' bit could be construed as belittling but it wasn't, I'm not spinning anything. I think LeBron at losing 8-9 points per game could average many more assists, he crashes the boards much better post-season too, I see nothing wrong with my suggestion he could emulate lines like 13-11-10.

ArmchairCritic

Kobe Bryant said:
Tough day. I've seen coaches as well as friends come and go. No matter how many years I've been playing, it's still hard to deal with. I had a good relationship with Mike and I will continue to have one. I wish him and his family nothing but the best. I spoke with him today and thanked him for all of his hard work and sacrifice.

As a team, we must focus our energy on tonight's game. We must block out the weight of today's news and simply do our jobs to the best of our ability.

I'm not sure what direction we are heading in next. All I can do is focus on the here and now.
Mamba out
http://www.facebook.com/Kobe/posts/10151254630545419

Mamba Out tickled me.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster

:lol: WTF

For your information, Messi IS this, and he IS that! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.