Nba 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Knicks looking legit so far, but without actually watching their games what is the difference in their play compared to last season?

Does not having Am'are and Anthony in the same lineup better suit the team?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Apparently, Bynum might have caused more damaged to this knees because he went bowling. This guy is a friggin' dumbass. His attitude pisses me off so much.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His attitude always annoyed me when he was a laker.

End of the day, it's his loss as teams will not pay him top dollar when he is a free agent next summer. Very good talent but the poor attitude lets him down.

MrMarcello

His immaturity will prevent him from becoming the best big man in the game and an all-time great. He'll end up just another good big man with a long career, like Thurl Bailey or Mychal Thompson. However, with the probable lack of quality big men in the foreseeable future, he will be labeled the best or in that echelon.

ha_rooney

Good win for LA over Houston. Kobe with a triple-double and the other starters all contributing with points. Seems the players are liking D'Antoni's offense and with Nash still to return we should get better.

Defense still giving up a lot of points, I hope that gets sorted out either by the current staff or a defensive coach (as was indicated) otherwise it will be a huge ask to keep putting 110+ points on the board.

OB

So many good games today, and the channel with NBA right was telecasting Liga Endesa... Which wasnt even live

ha_rooney

Did P.Gasol even come on in the 4th quarter? Howard was poor for the second game in a row. The bigs need to play better.

At least the bench contributed. Now, if only we could have a game where the bench and the starters play well.

MrMarcello

I've liked following/watching the Lakers since the mid-80s when I first exposed to the league/sport. Magic Johnson became my favorite player, unlike fans that only like a team because of a particular player (see all current Miami fans).

But my rooting interest is geared more towards my local club, Dallas (grew up there though I have lived in Georgia since 2003), with the Lakers more like the Yankees, i.e. the male soap opera effect.

ha_rooney

Good win for the Lakers, first blow-out win in the D'Antoni era and to do that on the road in Dallas was impressive. Jamison's starting to contribute off the bench and the offense should be even better when Nash returns.

Gasol played better but he doesn't seem happy with his role in the offense. I wonder if the Lakers will look to trade him? Personally, I like having the size advantage that he and Howard bring to the team and we should wait until Nash comes back before looking to make any personnel changes.

MrMarcello

Trading Gasol would only work if they get a shooter and big body replacement in return. But I suspect one must wait until the deadline to see how Gasol eases into (or never acclimates to) the system.

There's also the possibility that Howard does not extend and the Lakers could ship him to Brooklyn for Brooks, Lopez, and another player and/or draft picks.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Jazz always seem to give us some trouble. Hopefully we bounce back, luckily Iguodala is starting to heat up for us.

Zen

Carlos Boozer > Pau Gasol

Who would of thought. Thanks Lakers, for continuing to fail, and kill off the greatness of Steve Nash, basically like the Chelsea/Madrid on Basketball, they killed Torres and Kaka.

ha_rooney

I'm not too concerned about the Lakers just yet. Miami had a poor record when they first started, I think it was 10-9 or thereabouts. The concern will come if we're losing when Nash is in the side and if Howard and Gasol do not up their stats.

I read somewhere that this is Howard's worst season statistically, I just hope we don't lose him at the end of the season if he feels the D'Antoni offense doesn't suit him.

MrMarcello

I suspect they might deal him to Brooklyn by the trade deadline if he they feel he is reluctant to extend and/or the season is slipping away. They could possibly get Lopez, Brooks, maybe Wallace and/or draft picks in return.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Thought this was interesting:

Kevin Love posted a USA Olympic basketball team photo on Twitter in July and jokingly posed the question, "Who's the white dude????" Love also said in jest on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" that he made Team USA because, "they always need at least one token white guy."

Now, Love is getting those jokes in reverse as the star of the Minnesota Timberwolves, one of the whitest teams seen in the NBA in years. Kevin Love (AP)

"Most of the [Olympic] team was giving me a hard time about being the only white guy and it was really light," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I'd throw it right back at them. Here on this team a lot of people have said we look like the old Boston Celtics teams or the old Minneapolis Lakers …

"Bill Russell said back in the day about the Boston Celtics that they could play two black players at home, three when they were away and five when they were behind. With this team, we can play four white guys when we are at home, three when we are away and one when we are behind. That's my little joke."

The joking stops for Love when the notion comes that the rebuilding Wolves tailored their roster that way to be more attractive to the city and state they play in. Since no other NBA team has as much white or European representation on their roster, there has been speculation that the Timberwolves did it on purpose. (The state of Minnesota was 85.3 percent white in 2010 and 63.8 percent white in Minneapolis, according to the 2010 U.S. Census Bureau.)

"It's just all circumstance," Love said. "All of our players aren't American-born either. Of course, people are going to look at it and say we have a ton of white players. I just think it's all circumstance. When people look at it like that, it's an ignorant way to look at that.

"Minneapolis is definitely predominately white. I know from reading articles people say, 'Oh they might want to do that because of the marketplace, because most of the fans are white.' From the business side of things I don't think that's how [Wolves owner] Glen Taylor or [general manager] David Kahn were looking at things."

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Always notice that guy during games... Does he ever get on the court?

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Stern promising "substantial sanctions" against the Spurs for sending their stars back to San Antonio ahead of the match in Miami.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Oooooh, not penalties, they're getting 'sanctions'!

Well, feck, board up the windows.

Does a team not have the right to pick it's line up? Has a top team never rested a group of starters before?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I thought I remembered something like that.

But this is against the mighty Heat...and it must have been a TV game for Stern to get his panties all twisted.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I think a coach is within his rights to coach his team however he likes but I can also understand why Stern and many fans are pissed. This had the makings of an epic game.

Status
Not open for further replies.