Nba 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Emphatic and important win for the champs. Came alive from 3-pt land and took control from late in the 3rd quarter and didn't look back. Chalmers had a huge game. LeBron's block on Splitter :drool:

Turnovers killed the Spurs but they've split the games and have 3 home games now. Now we'll see how Spurs respond to this thumping.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The win really set up the series nicely, I don't see Spurs losing more than once at home in this series, so it'll be down to how well Miami can do at home to finish the series. Still think it'll be Spurs in 6.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
That block was ridiculous for two reasons - firstly, the crazy amount of arm strength needed to block that. Secondly, just going for it in the first place - if he wasn't able to block it then would get his hand pinned against the rim and probably broken.

gamma1

Good second game, which initially promised to be a closely contested encounter but unfortunately ended as a forgettable blowout (bar that amazing block :drool:). Miami's defense was crucial to their impressive victory in terms of keeping Duncan and Parker relatively quiet and forcing San Antonio to rely on three pointers from the likes of Green. Lebron's surprisingly uninspiring performance prior to the fourth quarter (largely made ineffectual by Leonard's solid defense) was compensated for the Heat by a strong outing from both D. Wade and Bosh, unlike the majority of the conference finals matches where their inept displays generated heavy criticism. The explosive performance by the Heat early in the fourth quarter (produced by Chalmers's significant contribution and Lebron finally being able to exert his complete influence over the game through aggressive drives to the basket and smart assists to three point shooters) was ultimately too overwhelming for the Spurs to cope with.

The series now looks finely poised at one a piece. Miami need to play as a cohesive unit with uniform productivity again (plus a significantly improved offense from Lebron) if they intend to win more than one match at San Antonio, where the Spurs have an excellent home record.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Disagree - his shot was falling, as it wasn't in game 1 - but he only had 2 turnovers, distributed the ball well(7 assists), defended the boards(8 rebounds) and worked his butt off defensively - 3 steals and 3 blocks.

I'm talking bout what I watched he will always fill up the stat sheet but when they needed him he was passive. He was scared to take open jumpers they where giving him. They clogged the lane and he was at a loss. Once they where ahead he started stat padding. If he plays like that the rest of the series they don't win.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Is there a game on today?
edit: There is. Phone finally loaded up livescore.

Thank god for proxy on my laptop to watch a river at work! Pray the boss doesn't come back in this morning for me.

JaffyJoe

If Spurs win 2 of these 3 at home it's over imo.

JaffyJoe

Lebron is struggling he is trying to do other things though. He will do better this half. The Spurs defence is good.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Lol this is like me NBA 2k13 on playstation

"For three! MISS, gets the rebound. FOR THREE, MISS!, gets the rebound, FOR THREE MISS, gets the rebound FOR THREE MAKES IT."

JaffyJoe

He has no confidence in his jump shot. If he is not making them he can't open up the lane to drive to the basket they are just sagging off him. His jump shot has been good this year.

Erentz

Knows everything! 5 years later.
Fantastic stuff from the Spurs, Green was amazing. First take should be a fun watch tomorrow.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Wow the Heat just shot shat on by the Spurs. But they have to be careful now since the Heat are good with comebacks when they get beat by a big margin.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
I hope San Antonio haven't exhausted their quota of 3's for the series. Green and Neal were hitting every one of them. Insanity!

The 'GOAT' went missing again in a crucial away game. The guy just doesn't have it. Think he'll be in Los Angeles the sooner it is possible. The marriage between D-Wade, Bosh and him is on tenterhooks. The "GOAT" will never be a GOAT :(

Important for San Antonio to keep up the tempo and win the next game. Miami look spent and disinterested. They don't want to give them hope. Hope Parker is alright.

Miami to win the series in 6.

TheBest

SPNTBP
If he doesn't make it right he will always be the guy who had the "potential" but not "the mentality" . His jump shots are just too dependent on confidence. To be fair, atleast he was trying...instead of just going all passive. I know chucking isn't great but he needs to find his jump shot if miami are to win this series. I expect him to either become a complete bitch in the next game or have a game resembling the game 6 against Boston. I think this will eventually decide how he will be viewed once his career is done.

ha_rooney

Wow! What a response that was, didn't expect the Spurs to win by that much.

I didn't watch the game but did the Spurs block off the paint so LeBron couldn't penetrate and instead had to take jump-shots or facilitate, as they did for the first 1.5 games?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Fantastic win for the Spurs. I see Shinjisan changed his prediction and probably will again when Spurs win either Game 4 or 5 to get to three wins.

Are the Nets insane considering hiring Kidd as their HC? What the feck?

ha_rooney

Spurs saying Parker has a Grade 1 hamstring strain. Huge blow for the Spurs if he misses any games or his offense is restricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.