NBA 2016-17

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
The draft is tomorrow, the Knicks have seemingly traded for Derrick Rose and Jeff Teague is off to the Pacers.

ArmchairCritic

The Bulls got finessed on this one, Rose on one leg is like 4504894 times better than Calderon.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What have the Knicks given up?

ArmchairCritic

On the flipside, with Williams and Affalo opting out the Knicks have no bench now.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

The Bulls got finessed on this one, Rose on one leg is like 4504894 times better than Calderon.
I doubt Calderon will be their starting point guard next season. Rose was making $21M and was not reliable. Robin Lopez is a good center whose salary matches Noah so they will probably let Noah go now.

Sarni

Wow Utah basically gave away #12 for George Hill. Portland could probably move for a top 10 pick with current assets (Plumlee would probably fetch #8 now).

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Last year we trade our 15th pick for benchwarmer Hardaway Jr. and now we send our allstar PG away for a Nr. 12 pick. Don't know what to think about that. I'm happy to start with Schröder but I was hoping to get more for Teague...
People are saying that the Hawks are just creating cap space with that deal but space for whom? We could've resigned Horford for the max anyway and I don't see Durant signing for us.

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
Last year we trade our 15th pick for benchwarmer Hardaway Jr. and now we send our allstar PG away for a Nr. 12 pick. Don't know what to think about that. I'm happy to start with Schröder but I was hoping to get more for Teague...
People are saying that the Hawks are just creating cap space with that deal but space for whom? We could've resigned Horford for the max anyway and I don't see Durant signing for us.
TBH, Teague's cuntishness by posting an Instagram pic about his injury wouldn't have helped.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
The one possibly good thing about the Rose trade that it could mean that the plan is to play Porzingis at C and Melo at the PF. I have no qualms about losing Lopez, Grant and Calderon just wish there was a better return for them. At least get a future first in the trade. Rose is still a name but, injuries have robbed him of the explosion of his early career.

Sarni

The one possibly good thing about the Rose trade that it could mean that the plan is to play Porzingis at C and Melo at the PF. I have no qualms about losing Lopez, Grant and Calderon just wish there was a better return for them. At least get a future first in the trade. Rose is still a name but, injuries have robbed him of the explosion of his early career.
I think it most likely means Dwight Howard has given indication that he is willing to come to New York. Knicks are positioning themselves very well for a deep playoff run in 2010-11.

Howard was a serious FA option for Portland but I think he'd prefer New York and going by Knicks history they may just be stupid enough to give him a max. Not sure where other 7-10 players will come from if they do though.

Actually what would make perfect sense with $44M remaining cap (if I'm counting correctly) is going for a cheaper solid center (Mahinmi, Biyombo and Ezeli all available and all except Biyombo could come for $10M or less), a shooting guard (Crabbe will be available and I'm not sure Portland match anything above $10M, Henderson, Courtney Lee) and a forward (Turner, Bazemore) plus a couple of squad fillers.

Rose/Crabbe/Anthony/Porzingis/Ezeli looks solid shit.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What time is the draft UK time?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I think it most likely means Dwight Howard has given indication that he is willing to come to New York. Knicks are positioning themselves very well for a deep playoff run in 2010-11.

Howard was a serious FA option for Portland but I think he'd prefer New York and going by Knicks history they may just be stupid enough to give him a max. Not sure where other 7-10 players will come from if they do though.

Actually what would make perfect sense with $44M remaining cap (if I'm counting correctly) is going for a cheaper solid center (Mahinmi, Biyombo and Ezeli all available and all except Biyombo could come for $10M or less), a shooting guard (Crabbe will be available and I'm not sure Portland match anything above $10M, Henderson, Courtney Lee) and a forward (Turner, Bazemore) plus a couple of squad fillers.

Rose/Crabbe/Anthony/Porzingis/Ezeli looks solid shit.
Don't think it worked out as planned. ;)

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I don't rate Hield as high as some. The one time I watched him play after all the hype was when Villanova shut him down, hard. He'll now face even better defensive players and coaches that can game plan him all day. I see bust all over him, though I could be wrong. The Atlanta sports radio segments have been jizzing themselves over Hield all week.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
So Ricky Rubio is gonna be traded. Poor guy, leader of his team, suffered through injuries, and now when they can finally go for a playoffs run he's getting shipped.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It's weird to see a big trade like that but feel neither team has improved or declined greatly.