NBA 2016-17

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He has only spoken to the Thunder so far. And obviously they are gonna leak and say it went well. Expect similar things after the GSW, SAS, Miami meetings etc.

Lakers :lol:
The Heat, the Knicks and the Clippers?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Lakers would've been better off holding off til next year for with big money moves. All they need to show next season is progress under Walton and from the kids. Clarkson coming into his 4th year and Randle into his 3rd would be a better sell or a better trade piece. Either way, a better place.
Of course. They needed a center for this season but they could get someone cheaper who's not rated across the league (not like Mozgov is highly rated though) than tie a 30-year old distinctly average Mozgov for 4 years at $64M. Unbelievable that a player like Mozgov will make sixty fecking four million dollars. They could also use the cap space to let teams dump salaries on them, for instance Timberwolves are looking to dump Pekovic and would likely throw a pick at them with it, Charlotte were looking to dump Lamb and Hawes and offer their pick in return - you could build up a nice stock of assets like that.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Whiteside, as expected, decided to stay with Miami. Contract value still unclear but he may have got a max deal.

Sarni

Whiteside, as expected, decided to stay with Miami. Contract value still unclear but he may have got a max deal.
I thought he would leave as I did not believe Miami would give him max and he wasn't going to take less. That puts them out of Durant race.

Shit news for Portland although Olshey offered Parsons a max last night so it looks like he could be target number one. I'm a bit baffled but that probably means Aminu to 4 and hoping Plumlee and Davis develop at 5. Wonder what that means for Harkless but hopefully he will stay, Crabbe will probably now become a 2 and Henderson's gone so there will be games for all.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Of course. They needed a center for this season but they could get someone cheaper who's not rated across the league (not like Mozgov is highly rated though) than tie a 30-year old distinctly average Mozgov for 4 years at $64M. Unbelievable that a player like Mozgov will make sixty fecking four million dollars. They could also use the cap space to let teams dump salaries on them, for instance Timberwolves are looking to dump Pekovic and would likely throw a pick at them with it, Charlotte were looking to dump Lamb and Hawes and offer their pick in return - you could build up a nice stock of assets like that.
Really disappointing. I had some optimism for next year. Not expecting a challenge or anything, but Walton and some talented young players growing. Now Mozgov. :(

Sarni

Really disappointing. I had some optimism for next year. Not expecting a challenge or anything, but Walton and some talented young players growing. Now Mozgov. :(
Yep you never had a shot at big free agents and Howard is not coming back but it'd have been much better to tank for another season AND keep the cap space as you'd have likely had $70M next year with some interesting choices in FA again. Dumping $16M on Mozgov is stupid. Even Mahinmi and Ezeli would have made far more sense, hell Biyombo is also superior fit.

I wonder what Howard does now. I think Atlanta only want him if Horford leaves. It could be Horford to Boston and Howard to Atlanta or just Howard to Boston.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Bigs always get too much money, the main goal is just to keep Russell, Clarkson, Randle and Ingram growing, Mozgov as the anchor I can handle, he won't kill us, if we can get some under the radar pieces like Jon Leuer who I think can really excel under Walton then i'll be happy.

Sarni

Bigs always get too much money, the main goal is just to keep Russell, Clarkson, Randle and Ingram growing, Mozgov as the anchor I can handle, he won't kill us, if we can get some under the radar pieces like Jon Leuer who I think can really excel under Walton then i'll be happy.
But why give Mozgov $64m on day one? There are literally five better options still in free agency. Even Cole Adrich would be a step up. Literally zero sense giving Mozgov $16m p.a.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
But why give Mozgov $64m on day one? There are literally five better options still in free agency. Even Cole Adrich would be a step up. Literally zero sense giving Mozgov $16m p.a.
It wasn't the right move to make, no one is disputing that, but it just isn't a killer. We weren't going to be a player in this FA class and we've just spent some money for the shits and giggles it seems. It may even be a minimum cap floor issue.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

It wasn't the right move to make, no one is disputing that, but it just isn't a killer. We weren't going to be a player in this FA class and we've just spent some money for the shits and giggles it seems. It may even be a minimum cap floor issue.
Sorry, I'm with Sarni on this. Don't see the silver lining on this move at all... Good news is Jim and Mitch's days are numbered. (Hey, guess that's one!)

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I'm not saying there is a silver lining, it just isn't doom and gloom, it is just a "meh" move that didn't need to be made, BUT as I say, it could be a move to help us hit the minimum cap floor.

Bubz27

I'm not saying there is a silver lining, it just isn't doom and gloom, it is just a "meh" move that didn't need to be made, BUT as I say, it could be a move to help us hit the minimum cap floor.
What are the consequences of not hitting the minimum?

Sign and trade Lakers, sign and trade.

bucky

So, I'm pretty much useless when it comes to cap space and free agency, but I thought for Chicago it would be a good move to get rid of Rose and Noah. Why are they unable to sign some big free agents? Because they aren't attractive currently or don't have enough money? Thought and hoped they might get Conley.

Sarni

Parsons gone to Memphis. Hiw do Portland keep missing on every single target?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
So, I'm pretty much useless when it comes to cap space and free agency, but I thought for Chicago it would be a good move to get rid of Rose and Noah. Why are they unable to sign some big free agents? Because they aren't attractive currently or don't have enough money? Thought and hoped they might get Conley.
They have made it clear that they have no interest in this free agent class.

Sarni

And now Evan Turner signed by Blazers for $75M, 4 yr. Dreadful.

Sarni

Portland aggressively pushing for Gasol now. Not sure what to think. He was good not so long ago but I don't see how he fits in.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
All these stupid contracts being handed out got me feeling like if I work on my jump shot maybe I can hold a few millions dollars or something. I mean Solomon Hill for 4 years for $52m, man what? Dellavedova getting damn near $10m a year for 4 years to roll on around the floor and get crossed over? Mosgov? Turner? Conley getting $153m for 5 years?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Kent Bazemore is expected to get $20m a year, *extreme YG voice* this shit brazy.

Bubz27

And the cap jumps again next year...

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
All these stupid contracts being handed out got me feeling like if I work on my jump shot maybe I can hold a few millions dollars or something. I mean Solomon Hill for 4 years for $52m, man what? Dellavedova getting damn near $10m a year for 4 years to roll on around the floor and get crossed over? Mosgov? Turner? Conley getting $153m for 5 years?
Once again NBA recently signed a 24 billion television deal.

PvsNP

Dwight Howard reportedly has signed with his hometown club, Atlanta, for 3 yrs, $70.5m.

Can they keep Horford too? I wager he goes to Boston.
If KD stays, I can see him in OKC. They'd have to trade Kanter in that case.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
The Rockets appaearently had meetings with both Bazemore(with Harden involved in the meeting) and Horford.

Sarni

It's not even that they have a huge cap space, it's that every club has suddenly got additional $20M a year to spend on top of what they already had and there aren't that many free agents available this year or next year.

Turner at $16M a year is equivalent of $12M last year which is not terrible but not great either. He's a good ball handler and should generally do well but I'm a bit worried about his shooting and the worst part is Portland do not have much left for a center. If Gasol or Mahinmi come I'll be calm.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
I thought he would leave as I did not believe Miami would give him max and he wasn't going to take less. That puts them out of Durant race.

Shit news for Portland although Olshey offered Parsons a max last night so it looks like he could be target number one. I'm a bit baffled but that probably means Aminu to 4 and hoping Plumlee and Davis develop at 5. Wonder what that means for Harkless but hopefully he will stay, Crabbe will probably now become a 2 and Henderson's gone so there will be games for all.
Not yet, but the chances are obviously not that big. The best way to do it would be shipping Dragic and McRoberts while convincing Wade to take $14-15m, and that is if Durant decides to join the Heat in the first place.

Wade seems to be playing hardball again this year with Miami. He's not gonna leave but that still surprised me a little.

Oh and Whitesides's deal did turn out to be for the max. (4-year, $98m)

Sarni

I have taken my time to digest this transfer and I like it now. Turner will be the third ball handler to take the burden off CJ and Dame, he's coming off a very good season with Boston and $17M a year in this market is not that obscene. He's probably a better move than crippled Parsons who has had two major knee injuries. If he can develop a 3p shot (he was getting better last season and shot over 52% after All-Star break) he could be a stud.

Oo0AahCantona

People complain about footballers earning x amount, this last 24 hours has been insane.

When bradley beal is getting the max you know some players who recently signed deals are gunna be firing their agents.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
This free agency window has been crazy so far. Those deals for Mozgov, Evan Turner or Solomon Hill:lol:. Imagine we'd had something like that in football, the caf would be in complete meltdown.
I'm surprisingly happy about the Hawks deal with Howard, expected something far worse. 3 years is a perfect time and 23,5/year is reasonable compared to other deals (I mean Conley 5 years for 153, wtf?). Not sure about the Bazemore deal tho, I like him but that's just too much, even with the new cap.

Mavericks look screwed, I wonder if they do a complete rebuild and Nowitzki goes to the Warriors?

Bubz27

Lakers and Deng agree a 4 year deal, $72m deal.

Another 30+ year old on a 4 year deal. I'm confused.