NBA 2016-17

bucky

Are the Bulls seriously thinking about trading Butler?

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
With Referendum on one hand, NBA draft and trade talks on another, I don't think I'm going to sleep anytime soon.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I am actually legitamtely excited to see the Bucks play the Carter-Williams/Middleton/Parker/Antetetokounmpo/Maker lineup

ZDwyr

Okay maybe not to that extreme, but this trade is something a team in rebuild mode would've done. Also, what the heck are the Magic thinking doing this deal?!
Not sure I agree. Serge definitely declined last season, and while we lose some rim protection we do gain in other areas. We definitely become a lot deeper and finally get a SG who can execute offensively and defensively. A third ball handler too which means far less Durant (if he stays) turnovers. They've backed in Adams over Ibaka, which I would have done, the big test now is to see how Kanter develops defensively to see if he can play the four.

I assume it means the end of Waiters too. I don't think they would have made this trade without consulting Durant but either way the team can't sit back and wait for him.

Oo0AahCantona

Care to elaborate? I have seen a few people say this but I am not sure I agree.
This is purely down to if Durant wants a move, and its been noted he likes the potential business upside of moving to California, as well as a basketball fit in that GS team would be an absolute dream.

Golden state has the perfect cap space to accommodate him without sacrificing their Curry/Klay/Green/Bogut core, with pieces like barnes, livingston, Iggy and Ezeli able to be moved if needed.

Where'as Moving such a important piece of that OKC team in Ibaka at PF for another starting guard seems counter productive to giving Durant the reassurance he would obviously want if he feels OKC can surround him with more talent to get a chip.

ZDwyr

This is purely down to if Durant wants a move, and its been noted he likes the potential business upside of moving to California, as well as a basketball fit in that GS team would be an absolute dream.

Golden state has the perfect cap space to accommodate him without sacrificing their Curry/Klay/Green/Bogut core, with pieces like barnes, livingston, Iggy and Ezeli able to be moved if needed.

Where'as Moving such a important piece of that OKC team in Ibaka at PF for another starting guard seems counter productive to giving Durant the reassurance he would obviously want if he feels OKC can surround him with more talent to get a chip.
I don't think Ibaka was as important as a lot of non-Thunder fans think. He isn't the same player he was a few seasons ago and the emergence of Adams has lessened the need for him IMO. By getting Oladipo the Thunder finally get another ball handler and a scoring threat in the SG position, something that reduces the burden on Durant. He hated the amount of turnovers he was having due to being forced to become the secondary ball-handler.

He's also really good friends with Oladipo and rates him quite highly (likened him to Wade at one point). To be honest I am not sure how it changes the dynamic but I certainly don't think it increases the likelihood of him leaving in any way.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Wow, Boston went from trying to trade #3 for Butler or Okafor and ended up with Jaylen Brown who was projected between 7 and 10.

Shocked at Bucks selecting Thon Maker. There are doubt over his age and he's extremely rough. They're not scared to work with those (Giannis) but I thought they'd go after someone more ready. Deyonta Davis dropping to the second round is a huge surprise too, goes to show how much offense is valued over defense these days.

Blazers with a completely meh draft, deep 2nd round forward I have hardly ever seen for a 2019 2nd round pick. Certainly not expecting much from Layman and he's 22.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Teams with the best draft grades: T-Wolves, Suns, Lakers.
worst draft grades: Celtics, Kings, Bucks

Guy who had the best night - Thon Maker
Guy who wished he wasn't there - Skal Labissiere

Sarni

Lakers had an obvious choice but Timberwolves and Suns absolutely won at draft. Dunn, Wiggins and Towns could be an obscene core.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Lakers had an obvious choice but Timberwolves and Suns absolutely won at draft. Dunn, Wiggins and Towns could be an obscene core.
Arguably the best player in the draft plus a player projected as high in the high teens on some mocks (Zubac) with the 32nd pick.

Sarni

Arguably the best player in the draft plus a player projected as high in the high teens on some mocks (Zubac) with the 32nd pick.
Well they were taking whoever 76ers did not take out of the big two (Simmons, Ingram) and it's arguable that Simmons is a better prospect currently, it wasn't a decision because nobody was going to take anyone other than Simmons and Ingram in top 2. Zubac could be a good pick but also a pretty logical choice given the above (projected to be #16 and gone at #32). Not saying this was a bad draft for them, it was a great one, but Suns trading for #8 and getting both Bender and Chriss who are exactly what they need, or Timberwolves getting Dunn who's by far and away the player who compliments their current team the most, were better because it wasn't obvious.

Both Ingram and Simmons are great prospects. Dunn is IMO a more sure thing right now to deliver on his promise simply because the promise is not as big there (although he should develop into one of the top 10 point guards in the league if all goes well). Ingram and Simmons could become superstars but I feel a lot of people will have them down as disappointments if they do not become All-Stars because of how strong the hype was.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Well they were taking whoever 76ers did not take out of the big two (Simmons, Ingram) and it's arguable that Simmons is a better prospect currently, it wasn't a decision because nobody was going to take anyone other than Simmons and Ingram in top 2. Zubac could be a good pick but also a pretty logical choice given the above (projected to be #16 and gone at #32). Not saying this was a bad draft for them, it was a great one, but Suns trading for #8 and getting both Bender and Chriss who are exactly what they need, or Timberwolves getting Dunn who's by far and away the player who compliments their current team the most, were better because it wasn't obvious.
Uh huh. I like Simmons, I think he's gonna be a good player for the Sixers despite what people say about his attitude/shooting. Wth Ben though, you have to fit pieces around him because he's going to dominate the ball as a point foward. I like Ingram's versatility in this respect since he can play off-ball and he has the range to force the defense to respect his shot.

Zubac fell because he and his agent refused to be one of the stash/develop overseas prospects. No matter, because he's gonna replace Sacre at his current skill level even if he has to play some D-League games.

Ivica is a riot. I think he's more popular on the Lakers board than Ingram is right now. Shoutout to Čitluk, Bosnia-Herzegovina for raising a proud Laker fan.

Last edited:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
KD most likely to resign with the OKC now. He spoke to 5-7 teams and none of them could convince him?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
It seems the Knicks are going to follow the same mistakes they have made for a long time. It seems like they are going to sign Noah for 18 million a year. And it is sort of funny that after all the criticism Melo got for not signing for the Bulls the Bulls are being brought to him.

And I was really critical of Hinkie but, the good thing about him as a GM is that he would not do anything as silly as offering a max to Harrison Barnes.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

Edit

Before people freak out about salaries like that let us remember that the NBA recently signed a 24 billion dollar television deal.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Ugh, hate that Mozgov deal. I'm hearing team option for the 4th year, but seriously what the heck, Mitch?! All those other centers in the market and you reach for a backup center that hardly played in the playoffs?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Ugh, hate that Mozgov deal. I'm hearing team option for the 4th year, but seriously what the heck, Mitch?! All those other centers in the market and you reach for a backup center that hardly played in the playoffs?
Yeah who were they bidding against? That is a July 15th signing. Not a first hour signing.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Mozgov is a horrible fit next to Randle as well.

I'm surprised Whiteside isn't even going to meet the Lakers. Maybe as they turned him down before he joined Heat. I would've loved Horford.

Sarni

Mozgov at $64M per 4 years :lol:

Beal at $128M per 5 years will be a terrible deal for Wizards too.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Lakers would've been better off holding off til next year for with big money moves. All they need to show next season is progress under Walton and from the kids. Clarkson coming into his 4th year and Randle into his 3rd would be a better sell or a better trade piece. Either way, a better place.

ZDwyr

KD most likely to resign with the OKC now. He spoke to 5-7 teams and none of them could convince him?
He has only spoken to the Thunder so far. And obviously they are gonna leak and say it went well. Expect similar things after the GSW, SAS, Miami meetings etc.

Lakers :lol: