NBA 2018-2019

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It was lovely how Lillard outscored Westbrook 15-0 in the third. I am enjoying their competition.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Westbrook :lol: great to see that turd on the way out, Harden next.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Just seen somebody mention since the start of the 16/17 season, OKC is 112-27 in games were they take fewer than 30 3s....and conversely, they are 36-86 in games were they take at least 30 3s...

The Blazers defensive strategy appears to be dare russ to shoot from outside, and it's working

Revan

Assumptionman
:D

Yeah, Curry just had a bad shooting night
When Curry has a stinker, he is really bad. His best is better than Durant's, but his worst is much worse than Durant's.

Anyway, I still see no way Dubs aren't getting this. They are the only team in the NBA who can afford one (at times even two) superstars being shit and still win.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
When Curry has a stinker, he is really bad. His best is better than Durant's, but his worst is much worse than Durant's.

Anyway, I still see no way Dubs aren't getting this. They are the only team in the NBA who can afford one (at times even two) superstars being shit and still win.
Durant's best is better than Curry's, but more importantly, Curry even at his best can be stopped or at least limited by someone like Kawhi

KD at his best will go for 50/14/8/5/3 no matter who he's playing against, dominating at both ends of the floor

And the rockets just won game 3 in Utah despite Harden having a really bad game

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Durant's best is better than Curry's, but more importantly, Curry even at his best can be stopped or at least limited by someone like Kawhi

KD at his best will go for 50/14/8/5/3 no matter who he's playing against, dominating at both ends of the floor

Durant's best is not better than Curry's and when Steph is on there is no stopping him. The reason why you could make an argument for KD being the better overall player is consistency and the fact he is a better defender. Some of Curry's best assets, however, are his intangibles. The gravity he provides in terms of spacing is immeasurable and overall he is just a better leader than KD. Whether you want to include that as a basketball skill is up to you but when you are making the comparison it needs to be considered. When Steph is on the floor the Dubs just play better, when he misses games the Warriors are pretty average. Of the last 26 games KD has missed and Steph has played the Dubs were 25-1. This year alone when Steph is out the Dubs were 5-7. To be honest the comparison of the two actually reminds me a lot of Russell and Chamberlain. I think everybody would agree that Wilt was the more talented but Russell was a great leader and a winner and in many all time lists you see him listed above Wilt. Either way, at the end of the day I think both Steph and KD will end up being considered as all time top 20 players.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Durant is miles better than Curry FFS
Here are lists of the top basketball players for 2019 from ESPN and SI. ESPN has Curry at 2, Durant at 4. SI has KD at 2, Curry at 3. Either way it is close.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24668720/nbarank-2018-19-1-10-best-players-season
https://www.interbasket.net/news/24...00-best-nba-players-of-2019-season-full-list/

and if you want to do the quiz....

https://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/302114/top-100-espns-nba-players-2018-2019

Revan

Assumptionman

Stats wise, sure. But Curry makes his teammates better while Durant just finishes the games by being unstoppable. Different kinds of greatness, but the Warriors are more dependent in Curry. Which is why when he gets stopped (see the finals with Cavs), they really struggle. On the other side, it is much harder to stop KD.

All things considered, I still stand on what I thought when KD joined, that he is the marginally better.

ZDwyr

Kevin Durant is the best player in the league. It is hilarious to me that LeBron has declined and after spending years as the #2 (maybe not in Curry's ridiculous MVP season) everyone has skipped KD and gone straight to Giannis as the new #1. Durant wanted to be the best so he took the easy way out because he thought winning rings would give him that. But people don't care about his titles because he wasn't part of the core team. They win despite him being an awkward fit - didn't he take just 8 shots a few games ago? Kevin Durant took only eight shots in a playoff game. It is absurd.

So he'll go to New York and, probably, claim the #1 spot next season.

Revan

Assumptionman
Agree that KD is the league's best player with LeBron declining and getting injured. KD is a better player than Giannis who has everything to prove.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I see it tbh. I know I'm in the minority but time will tell us I guess

Sarni

I can also see Warriors losing to Rockets quite easily. Rockets have better depth and came awfully close to beating the same team last year. It will be very, very close.

I hope Rockets win in 7 as I would fancy Portland against them in a series as well, with homecourt advantage on our side (we will probably lose the next three to OKC after I said that).

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Warriors could have been beaten the past two years if I recall correctly. They’re not the ‘NBA ruiners’ as some people have claimed. I can definitely see Houston getting past them.

Revan

Assumptionman
I can also see Warriors losing to Rockets quite easily. Rockets have better depth and came awfully close to beating the same team last year. It will be very, very close.

I hope Rockets win in 7 as I would fancy Portland against them in a series as well, with homecourt advantage on our side (we will probably lose the next three to OKC after I said that).
I cannot see KD having such a stinker as he has last time (arguably his worst ever playoff performance ever) and Green is playing better than last year. Also, as has been said many times from wiser people, if Iggy wasn't off, Warriors would have won in 5.

Sarni

I cannot see KD having such a stinker as he has last time (arguably his worst ever playoff performance ever) and Green is playing better than last year. Also, as has been said many times from wiser people, if Iggy wasn't off, Warriors would have won in 5.
Yeah and if CP3 was full healthy Rockets in 6 max but somehow Warriors excuses always prevail. CP3 is like five times more important than Iguodala.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Really hope Blazers finish the series tonight. My favorite team this year with Lillard being most likable superstar out there imo. Love also how they didn't go with trash-talking or taunting against OKC who (especially Russ) love such things. They just go out and wanna do the bussines.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Warriors could have been beaten the past two years if I recall correctly. They’re not the ‘NBA ruiners’ as some people have claimed. I can definitely see Houston getting past them.
Last year - maybe. Two years ago - no chance. As to the Rockets this year, I can see Houston and the Dubs going 7. I think it will be close.

As far as the Blazers are concerned, I agree with KD (although he could have been a bit more diplomatic).

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...collum-suggesting-blazers-could-win-nba-title

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah and if CP3 was full healthy Rockets in 6 max but somehow Warriors excuses always prevail. CP3 is like five times more important than Iguodala.
Dubs were 2-1 and had just won game 3 by 41 when Iggy went out. CP3 is more important to the Rockets, sure, nobody is saying otherwise. Still, with a fit Iggy it doesn't matter, simply put, the Rockets plan wouldn't have worked

Sarni

Great game in Portland so far, George with a huge three at the end of second quarter to keep it within a point. Dame has been amazing.

Hope we can close the series tonight but pretty nervous right now.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Fear not Blazers, Westbrook comes to the rescue.
Russ really is horrible at times. First quarter he reins himself in and the Thunder have an 8 point lead. Second quarter he goes "full Westbrook" and OKC fall behind. The shooting stats are just so glaring, it seems impossible that he somehow just doesn't get it. As a team OKC is shooting 21-32 without Russ (66%) and Westbrook himself is shooting 5-15 (33%). On the bright side with 12 points 6 assists and 5 rebounds he is half way to a triple double.

As an aside - Dame has been brilliant.

Sarni

This has been nerve wrecking. I thought we had this well under control when up by 9.

If we lose tonight we could easily lose the series. Need to close it.

Sarni

We got this within two points and have the ball. :eek:

Sarni

Whanjahshwjnjaheykwjabrhsjabejrusbaieusnsirhanakjebs

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I knew it was coming. I even knew he was going to shoot from the fecking moon. I was seriously laughing like a madman the moment russ shot clanged off. Then Dame stopped advancing at the logo and it was clear what he was going to do. The thing is....how many players can take that kind of shot in that situation and you as a fan just know he's gonna score it? I love dame :drool::drool::drool: