NBA 2018-2019

freeurmind

weak willed
Why is Rubio guarding harden when Crowder is on the floor? Also he's guarding him so weird, standing to his left and giving him a clear path to the basket.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
the pistons without blake are putrid
They aren’t that good with him either but they can at least competitive.

A couple of missed draft opportunities in recent years are really hurting Pistons chances. Stanley Johnson is no longer there having been traded for mediocre Thon Maker, Luke Kennard does not have enough impact (though he has shown improvement and was their best player last night). Even Drummond has been somewhat of a disappointment all things considered. The lack of quality beyond Griffin is shocking.

Won’t be surprised to see Bucks rest Giannis in one of the game in this series.

Last edited:

Sarni

So happy for Kanter.
Indeed he had a monster game last night. If he keeps on playing this way Portland have a chance to knock OKC out.

Still, I wish Nurk was available. We would genuinely be favourites to go into the conference finals.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why is Rubio guarding harden when Crowder is on the floor? Also he's guarding him so weird, standing to his left and giving him a clear path to the basket.
By design, it's what the bucks did. The idea is to send him to his right to force some measure of predictability on him. Trying to contain him 1-on-1 is an excercise in futility. Dictate where he goes so the defence is ready for him. Unfortunately the jazz D wasn't ready for him
Indeed he had a monster game last night. If he keeps on playing this way Portland have a chance to knock OKC out.
So long as OKC keeps chucking up 3s you'll be fine :lol:

ZDwyr

By design, it's what the bucks did. The idea is to send him to his right to force some measure of predictability on him. Trying to contain him 1-on-1 is an excercise in futility. Dictate where he goes so the defence is ready for him. Unfortunately the jazz D wasn't ready for him

So long as OKC keeps chucking up 3s you'll be fine :lol:
They weren't really chucking...not a lot were bad looks

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They weren't really chucking...not a lot were bad looks
Your only good 3-point shooter is PG though. Good looks or not, if it's not PG, it's a bad shot for you guys

ZDwyr

Your only good 3-point shooter is PG though. Good looks or not, if it's not PG, it's a bad shot for you guys
Right, but we can't exactly not take 3s. That'd be ridiculous. If it's an open shot you have to take it.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
That was horrible! When you give up 85 points in a half you don't deserve to win. Looks like Boogie is gone for the rest of the playoffs as well.

Sarni

That was horrible! When you give up 85 points in a half you don't deserve to win. Looks like Boogie is gone for the rest of the playoffs as well.
Which is probably for the best as Warriors are visibly worse when he’s on the floor.

Sarni

What a stunning win for the Clippers. You can’t help but enjoy their performances like this, they are a team that everyone had written off before the season even started, then again in January after Harris was traded yet they still play hard. Complete opposite of their local rivals.

It’s also remarkable how me attending Clippers and Lakers games in February changed their fortunes. Lakers went 7-14 after I went to the Bucks game including 1-10 immediately after the game which had buried their playoffs chances while Clippers went 14-6 (including 13-3 run immediately after), consolidated their playoffs position and have now gone on to take home court advantage from Warriors in game 2.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What a stunning win for the Clippers. You can’t help but enjoy their performances like this, they are a team that everyone had written off before the season even started, then again in January after Harris was traded yet they still play hard. Complete opposite of their local rivals.

It’s also remarkable how me attending Clippers and Lakers games in February changed their fortunes. Lakers went 7-14 after I went to the Bucks game including 1-10 immediately after the game which had buried their playoffs chances while Clippers went 14-6 (including 13-3 run immediately after), consolidated their playoffs position and have now gone on to take home court advantage from Warriors in game 2.
It was funny how most american media wanted to convince the viewers that the Lakers were gonna make the playoffs because the Clippers decided to tank it by trading for Harris. Many of them are secret Lebron James fanbois and they really pushed that narrative hard

Sarni

It was funny how most american media wanted to convince the viewers that the Lakers were gonna make the playoffs because the Clippers decided to tank it by trading for Harris. Many of them are secret Lebron James fanbois and they really pushed that narrative hard
It did look that way though at the time, trading your best player to get additional picks and seemed like the goal was to keep their pick this year as well.

In a hindsight it was a tremendous deal. Two picks, one of which could easily land in lottery in a stacked 2021 draft, plus a very talented shooter who is ready to contribute from the go and is under team friendly deal for the next couple of years.

Trading Muscala for Zubac was a master stroke. I read somewhere that they couldn’t believe Lakers agreed to that and laughed for minutes during executive dinner. They essentially got Shamet, Zubac and two first round picks for expiring Harris. Wow.

Jerry West is amazing and Clippers are in a very enviable position right now. Mix of good talent, team friendly deals, lots of cap space and a number of good picks.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It did look that way though at the time, trading your best player to get additional picks and seemed like the goal was to keep their pick this year as well.

In a hindsight it was a tremendous deal. Two picks, one of which could easily land in lottery in a stacked 2021 draft, plus a very talented shooter who is ready to contribute from the go and is under team friendly deal for the next couple of years.

Trading Muscala for Zubac was a master stroke. I read somewhere that they couldn’t believe Lakers agreed to that and laughed for minutes during executive dinner. They essentially got Shamet, Zubac and two first round picks for expiring Harris. Wow.

Jerry West is amazing and Clippers are in a very enviable position right now. Mix of good talent, team friendly deals, lots of cap space and a number of good picks.
All of assumption was turned into certainty without even having asked the Clippers for their plan. Granted no one ever says "we are tanking for good picks" but it still felt weird to me.
I like their team, no real superstar. A kuller off the bench in Lou, a beast off the bench in Harrel

freeurmind

weak willed
Can you imagine if Round1 was 5 game series like back in the day? But anyways good to see competitive playoff basketball.

Sarni

I'm loving the Blazers tonight, actually I think they are my 2nd favorite team because @Sarni is the nicest guy.
Hahaha thanks!

We can quite conceivably win tonight which would put us in a truly good position after two games. This team plays so hard! I’ve been bashing CJ for so long but he’s been great tonight.

Sarni

Mr Triple Double is close to a triple double!!!

ZDwyr

There are not many more frustrating things than being an OKC fan. Put a lot of pressure on themselves to win at home now and get another crack in Portland.

Sarni

There are not many more frustrating things than being an OKC fan. Put a lot of pressure on themselves to win at home now and get another crack in Portland.
The series is far from over but if Portland win one of the next two it’s done. OKC are not winning twice in Portland.

I hope Spurs win the other series on this side of the ladder. With HCA over them I think we would have a chance there too. Denver would be much tougher. It’s 50:50 though, Spurs have homecourt now.

ZDwyr

I don't think you can win a championship with Russ.
I'm slowly coming around to this line of thinking. I think the game has definitely gone in a direction that isn't compatible with Russ' (emphasis on three-point shooting). Combine that with his natural flaws as a player and it is very, very difficult to see it happening. You'd need everything to go right.

However, at the same time I think Presti hasn't done a good enough job surrounding him with shooting. He needs to be in a system similar to Houston's where he can get the spacing and be flanked by shooters. The current roster isn't really conducive to that. The emphasis on length and athleticism seems to be failing.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I'm slowly coming around to this line of thinking. I think the game has definitely gone in a direction that isn't compatible with Russ' (emphasis on three-point shooting). Combine that with his natural flaws as a player and it is very, very difficult to see it happening. You'd need everything to go right.

However, at the same time I think Presti hasn't done a good enough job surrounding him with shooting. He needs to be in a system similar to Houston's where he can get the spacing and be flanked by shooters. The current roster isn't really conducive to that. The emphasis on length and athleticism seems to be failing.
The problem isn't only that he isn't a good shooter, he take so many shots for someone not good at shooting, his midrange has regresed too I think.

ZDwyr

The problem isn't only that he isn't a good shooter, he take so many shots for someone not good at shooting, his midrange has regresed too I think.
He does. But surrounding him with players who can make a shot will result in him taking less shots.

freeurmind

weak willed
Russ tmakes a lot of criticism for a guard who can get to the time, play defense and make plays for others. He does shoot too much and his team has traded away a lot of all star talent but the latter is hardly his fault.