NBA 2019-2020

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Surely the worst bottle job of all time.

They were up against Rockets 3-1 and ahead by a billion in game 6 in 2015 and lost too. Conference finals are just not for them, this one was much much worse.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
49 years and counting for the Clippers not making a final appearance. Amazing stat that. Bigger bottlers than Arsenal that.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Murray dropped 40. Jokic 16/22/13 and a level of complete domination over the game that goes beyond the ridiculous triple-double through 3 quarters(game high +22 +/-)

Kawhi+PG 24 points on 10/36 FG

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
There’s going to be a movie about this Nuggets playoffs run. It’s like a Hollywood script. Jonah Hill to be Jokic.

Revan

Assumptionman
Clippers being Clippers.

The stars aligning for LeBron. He is going to get that ring with Lakers. And deservedly so.

Squeaky Bumtime

All those picks for PG. Next year is make it brake for them. Doc needs to go.
And Harrell is a free agent I think?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
worth it just for the skip bayless meltdown.
There won't be, the coward already laid the foundation for this defeat by saying he'd be surprised if the Nuggets didn't win game 7 because the Clippers are too focused on the Lakers :houllier: His take will basically be a "I told you so".
Shannon was great after game 6 though, he destroyed Skip

RORY65

:lol: After thinking they were the favourites all year, they haven't even made the WCF and blew a 3-1 lead to a team who were a Mike Conley shot that almost went in from not even making round 2. I'm not sure what they do with Doc now, they bet their future on a title and this is a year gone where they never looked like a coherent team with the assumption all year being they would work it out but when it came to it they got destroyed in 3 second halves in a row and he couldn't figure it out. The Lakers are now surely big favourites to win the whole thing.

R.E.D.

Well Who would've thought that Clippers couldn't sustain a high level for every game? But man they bottled it:lol:

I still say that Doc Rivers got out coached in the last series just like this one and if KP was healthy the Mavs had a chance to beat them.

By the way I take one thing that I said back, the Lakers are very well coached at the moment.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Of course he isn’t a top 5 NBA player. There’s three better players on LA teams alone.
Not anymore. Leonard choked terribly during the post-season. Not a top 5 player, anymore

ArseHat

Doc is living off the championship he won with the Big Three in Boston over a decade ago. With the teams he has had, he's massively underachieved, and has had some embarrassing choke jobs to boot. Should be held accountable more often, but he escapes criticism because he's highly-respected in the league.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I’m so happy right now.

Feck off Clippers :lol:

UweBein

Supports
Chelsea
Doc is living off the championship he won with the Big Three in Boston over a decade ago. With the teams he has had, he's massively underachieved, and has had some embarrassing choke jobs to boot. Should be held accountable more often, but he escapes criticism because he's highly-respected in the league.
I agree. If you are a semi-good coach you win this series.
He did a terrible job.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We won the rs series against the nuggets 3-1 :nervous:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
We won the rs series against the nuggets 3-1 :nervous:
Regardless of who comes out of the East, anything less than a title this year would be a major letdown from this point on. No disrespect to any of the Nuggets, Heat or Celtics, but LeBron/AD should be able to get to a higher level than all of those teams right now.

Squeaky Bumtime

They choked in 2015, they choked again this year, same coach the both times. Maybe he's not the whole problem but he is a major one imo. Offensively it was all about iso and pnr, horrid basketball to watch. Defensively elite on paper, on the court they were leaking all over the place.
Instead of working more on chemistry during regular season they were acting it will all just click in playoff and were all about they are built for the playoffs. When you've done it before, won things and are an experienced team load management and resting big guns can work. When you're basically a new team it doesnt work.
Also dissing and trolling the Lakers the whole year acting like they just need to casually win the thing with no sweat.

They believed their own hype and it seems it got to their heads.

Thing is, few times they clicked in post season they looked great, they just didnt have a consistency and mentally they werent strong. Also famous deep bench they have let them down. Harrell was awful, so were Lou Williams and Beverley. I'm not sure why didnt Doc use Noah and what happened with Reggie Jackson after Dallas series.

Massive choke job from PG and Kawhi in the last game, they had like 5 points in the 4th quarter.

Doc must go but will PG suddenly be a player to count on when it matters? They have one more year before both Kawhi and PG probably leave.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
They’re overhyped.
They haven’t been anything special - you can call that “cruising” if you want but their best players haven’t played together a lot and I haven’t seen them really click yet. When playing at their best this season they were a tier below the best that the Lakers, Bucks, Raptors and maybe even the Rockets have shown. The Raptors are also showing that Kawhi’s presence there last season might just be a bit overblown too. They’re a great team and it’s not like he carried them imo.

Agree that they have the strongest roster altogether but nah I don’t have them over the Bucks, Raptors and Lakers at the moment. Not to mention that they’re still a franchise with a reputation of bottling it in the playoffs, historically speaking. I’ll bet against them until they prove me wrong.
I got ridiculed for posting this a month ago, but apart from maybe two or three games, they didn't look anything special in the playoffs and couldn't step it up when it mattered most. Straight up bottled it, in fact. Now they're trying to pull the "it is the first year we are together" card which is even more hilarious.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Eat a dick, Pat.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
:lol: :lol: Clippers. Their shooting in the second half...

The only sour point was my stomach turning at the sight of the Kroenkes. Love Jokic and Murray, feck the Kroenkes.

Squeaky Bumtime

I got ridiculed for posting this a month ago, but apart from maybe two or three games, they didn't look anything special in the playoffs and couldn't step it up when it mattered most. Straight up bottled it, in fact. Now they're trying to pull the "it is the first year we are together" card which is even more hilarious.
That card won't work if they dont fire Doc.

ZDwyr

Really glad Denver won. Likable team. Playoff P strikes again. Also, Kawhi being underwhelming in Game 7s is a trend that continues. Thank you for SGA and the picks, Clippers :cool:

UweBein

Supports
Chelsea
I dont agree, he basically dragged them vs Dallas. He choked in game 7 sure but overall he wasn't a problem.
You say it yourself. Dragging a team vs Dallas does not make you a Top 5 player.
He choked in three straight games against Denver. A Top 5 player should be able to drag his team against the Nuggets.

Squeaky Bumtime

You say it yourself. Dragging a team vs Dallas does not make you a Top 5 player.
He choked in three straight games against Denver. A Top 5 player should be able to drag his team against the Nuggets.
I'm not sure that he choked in all 3 games. Last night he choked definitely, in game 5 he had like 30 points. PG was also good in that game actually.
But on the other hand was Raptors team he had last year better than the team he has around him now? If you think about it that way you may be right. I dont know, thats a lot of factors.

UweBein

Supports
Chelsea
I'm not sure that he choked in all 3 games. Last night he choked definitely, in game 5 he had like 30 points. PG was also good in that game actually.
But on the other hand was Raptors team he had last year better than the team he has around him now? If you think about it that way you may be right. I dont know, thats a lot of factors.
30 Points is what makes you a very good player. As a Top 5 player you need to do more than that in three straight games.

Last year is a bad comparison. Most people did not expect anything from Kawhi (this time he was in the spotlight) - and they just won the title because the Warriors' best player could not participate.