NBA 2019-2020

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Thanks. Would have loved to see both teams at full strength. But with Nunn getting back into shape, it might not be that much of a loss.
It's still a big loss. Nunn isn't anywhere near as good as Dragic, and neither is Herro for that matter right now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
KD, Davis, Giannis, LeBron, Curry, Harden, Kawhi, Luka are all better I would say. That's 8. Then you have Butler, Jokic, Embiid and Dame battling for the final two spots. Maybe a few others I missed.
Jimmy just outplayed Giannis in a playoff series, badly, has been better than Harden, and Luka over the guy going punch for punch with the best player in the world is just not serious, come on. If he were that good the mavs would have at least taken the clippers to game 7. Luka will probably get there, but he isn't there yet.

I think Jimmy suffers for not being a volume scorer, which he absolutely could be, as he's demonstrated in the playoffs, the heat just didn't need him to in the regular season. He's one of the most complete players in the world, and can be just about anything his team needs him to be at an elite level.

SinNombre

We are not talking about recency bias here, which some of you guys are arguing with.

Jimmy is a vet and has never been talked about as a clear top 10 player in the NBA in his career. He might well be considered one after this but wasn't at the start of the season which is also why he has had 4 teams in 4 years.

Heat were 60-1 at the start of the season and deserve full credit for getting the most out of this team.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
We are not talking about recency bias here, which some of you guys are arguing with.

Jimmy is a vet and has never been talked about as a clear top 10 player in the NBA in his career. He might well be considered one after this but wasn't at the start of the season which is also why he has had 4 teams in 4 years.

Heat were 60-1 at the start of the season and deserve full credit for getting the most out of this team.
That says more about the players there looking at it from this perspective tbf (76ers and Wolves I mean), but otherwise I agree with you.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Jimmy is a vet who went under the radar because he wasn't ever a great volume scorer

Paul George was 3rd in MVP voting last season and was widely considered a top 10 player in the league. How many people still do?

Jimmy has just proven himself good enough to be the centerpiece of a genuine contender. How many players have shown that much?

Zen

I wouldn't overly call the Heat that much weaker than LeBron's Cavs we're perceived to be at 3-1 down - but that's more a case of how good the Warriors were up to then and how much they changed the game, not necessarily talent wise, systematically wise...if that makes sense. This is also LeBron and AD... so yeah, it'd usurp it tenfold in one way, but I can oddly buy the Heat winning 2 really, I still don't know how that Warriors team blew it. It's LeBron's magnum opus - but they still blew it to supremely help him achieve that.

I don't talk about Jimmy.... because jesus, what a team the Bulls could've been, he was picked as the last pick when Rose WAS fit. If you essentially got him in place of Deng in the Thibs era... urgh. Sore thoughts - oh well. Blistering in these finals, but I don't judge players based off that, he's definitely not top 5 for me.... possibly not top 10. Don't know. I usually just stop as 5 as after that you are talking super fine margins. So sure, he's top 10.

Moby

Dick
Butler only missed 48 seconds in the entire game. Superhuman effort from both him and James from a physical aspect. Lakers defense broke down at key moments and James was visibly fuming at that. His performance was worthy of a championship clinching game.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Just watched last few minutes again. Everyone raving about Green and yeah it was a bad miss. Should have maybe pump fake it and take the shot without any hurry. But ffs can someone point what a mess Morris made after that.

6 seconds on the clock, you have Green behind you for another three (Iguodala is still way back) and LeBron on the right who was wide open. And he throws it out like it's the end of the game.

H10

Huseyin 10
Felt for Lebron after game 5 loss despite his best efforts. Can only imagine the pressure and abuse he will get if he somehow doesn't win the championship. Still you would fancy lakers to win the next game, provided AD is available.

peanuthead

Felt for Lebron after game 5 loss despite his best efforts. Can only imagine the pressure and abuse he will get if he somehow doesn't win the championship. Still you would fancy lakers to win the next game, provided AD is available.
We will take care of business tonight, I'm not trying to be arrogant but no way we're losing tonight. I think another virtuoso performance from Lebron is coming again.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
He's good kid and tries hard but Vogel overuse of him is tiresome. I like him but there's times his ass should be on the bench watching.
It’s not like green has been making anything this series, and Howard/McGee are liabilities. Caruso is the best perimeter defender the lakers have.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Its in the bag. Congrats fellow Lakers fans. Let's go for another one next year.
I think this will be the first laker title where I didn’t go to at least one home game during the season with my dad. Kinda bittersweet. Watching together while on the phone is not the same.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Enjoy it, Laker nation :cool: Feels so good to be back on top.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh finally number 17 :D

Thank you so much to the Lakers family for the whole season especially the last months :)

FOR YOU KOBE!!!!!!!!

We see you Boston in the next seasons finals :p

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I think this will be the first laker title where I didn’t go to at least one home game during the season with my dad. Kinda bittersweet. Watching together while on the phone is not the same.
Yeah no crowd was disappointing. Hopefully next year you and your dad can go see us win number 18 ;)