NBA 2020-2021

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Apparently the medical discovered a mass on one of LeVert's kidneys...?
Yeah awful news. Let's hope he makes a swift recovery and can get on the court with the pacers soon.

As for the game tonight sloppy performance so far from nets. Poor in defence as expected and not in full flow yet in offence either. KD very sloppy in first quarter but he's started to find his flow now. Harris been class though.

Harden already showing his talent though with some good assists.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Don't be silly. He's clearly got his issues but Nash has just more or less confirmed he should be back within next few games.
With Kyrie he can pull himself away from the team 5 minutes before the game. His character has really become a bit tiresome, he’s not good enough to justify his antics and he’s getting paid $30million a year to do his job. The whole partying with his sister while away from the team was just incredibly disrespectful to the entire organization. Too upset with the events of 6th January to play basketball but not upset enough to dance at his sister’s birthday party I guess. I also don’t get those ‘family first’ explanations - it’s not a birth of his child, it’s a birthday party (during pandemic as well).

He didn’t like being second fiddle to LeBron at Cleveland and stopped talking to his teammates in the final month of his last season, got to be the alpha for Boston and almost immediately started being disrespectful to their young players (who grew to be better than him in Brown and Tatum), got his move to Brooklyn and started questioning his teammates immediately as well. If he was tradeable I would probably prefer to move him if I were a Brooklyn GM but he’s not, nobody in their right mind will offer anything for him.

He’s a massive attention seeker with a need to be perceived as ‘special’. He will have huge issues playing third fiddle to vastly superior players in Harden and Durant.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's only the magic but...harden had 30 points triple double and he and KD combined for 74 points :lol:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It's only the magic but...harden had 30 points triple double and he and KD combined for 74 points :lol:
The more important numbers are 40, as in the number of minutes they both had to play to beat the Magic.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Feels odd that I'm rooting for Harden to do well and win a chip in Brooklyn when he drops a 32 points triple double in the first game after averaging 16pts in his last 4 in Houston.

Baneofthegame

Feels odd that I'm rooting for Harden to do well and win a chip in Brooklyn when he drops a 32 points triple double in the first game after averaging 16pts in his last 4 in Houston.
Because funnily enough he quit on the team to get a trade.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
With Kyrie he can pull himself away from the team 5 minutes before the game. His character has really become a bit tiresome, he’s not good enough to justify his antics and he’s getting paid $30million a year to do his job. The whole partying with his sister while away from the team was just incredibly disrespectful to the entire organization. Too upset with the events of 6th January to play basketball but not upset enough to dance at his sister’s birthday party I guess. I also don’t get those ‘family first’ explanations - it’s not a birth of his child, it’s a birthday party (during pandemic as well).

He didn’t like being second fiddle to LeBron at Cleveland and stopped talking to his teammates in the final month of his last season, got to be the alpha for Boston and almost immediately started being disrespectful to their young players (who grew to be better than him in Brown and Tatum), got his move to Brooklyn and started questioning his teammates immediately as well. If he was tradeable I would probably prefer to move him if I were a Brooklyn GM but he’s not, nobody in their right mind will offer anything for him.

He’s a massive attention seeker with a need to be perceived as ‘special’. He will have huge issues playing third fiddle to vastly superior players in Harden and Durant.
I'm willing to give him another chance because he is so talented but if he continues to step out of line then I think he will get traded. Hopefully for a great big defensive centre. That's definitely what the team is missing.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Do you want any salt with those fries sir?
Not sure where this comes from. I am a Lakers fan but also a basketball fan who absolutely loves watching Durrant play and despises the way Harden plays. The way Durant has come back from his injury is awesome, but there has to be some concern about the number of minutes. This is uncharted territory, as KD is basically the first player to have an Achilles tear and come back so fast and so good. The Nets should be careful, which was my point.

Ladron de redcafe

Not sure where this comes from. I am a Lakers fan but also a basketball fan who absolutely loves watching Durrant play and despises the way Harden plays. The way Durant has come back from his injury is awesome, but there has to be some concern about the number of minutes. This is uncharted territory, as KD is basically the first player to have an Achilles tear and come back so fast and so good. The Nets should be careful, which was my point.
Dominique Wilkins. But your point stands. It's extremely rare.

Sarni

I'm willing to give him another chance because he is so talented but if he continues to step out of line then I think he will get traded. Hopefully for a great big defensive centre. That's definitely what the team is missing.
I don’t think anyone will trade important pieces for him. When it comes to great big defensive centers there are few of them in the league and none of them will get traded for Kyrie anyway.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Do you want any salt with those fries sir?
Isn't the saying do you want any fries with the salt? Also, it isn't salty to say it isn't exactly promising that they're having to play 40 minutes to beat the Magic. However I'm sure they'll refine their rotation somewhat, they'll have to.
But any concerns people had before last night, were evident last night. Poor defense, little rotation, no defensive paint presence.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And I have the feeling that @WI_Red is more of a margarita type of guy.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Isn't the saying do you want any fries with the salt? Also, it isn't salty to say it isn't exactly promising that they're having to play 40 minutes to beat the Magic. However I'm sure they'll refine their rotation somewhat, they'll have to.
But any concerns people had before last night, were evident last night. Poor defense, little rotation, no defensive paint presence.
Just makes me laugh the amount of stick he's been getting. He showed last night he's clearly still one of the best in the game. Triple double on your debut breaking a franchise and NBA record in the process.

Guarantee most people calling him a bad player wouldn't be saying that had he been traded to their team.

The selfish insults got slapped down in style too. He was incredibly unselfish last night. Finding players all over the court.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Just makes me laugh the amount of stick he's been getting. He showed last night he's clearly still one of the best in the game. Triple double on your debut breaking a franchise and NBA record in the process.

Guarantee most people calling him a bad player wouldn't be saying that had he been traded to their team.

The selfish insults got slapped down in style too. He was incredibly unselfish last night. Finding players all over the court.
No one that I have seen on here is calling him a bad player. He is one of the 10 best players in the league, which is why the bullshit way he plays really turns me off of him. Also, if you can't understand why people called him selfish after that way he treated Houston the last few months then I have no idea of what your idea of selfish is.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
No one that I have seen on here is calling him a bad player. He is one of the 10 best players in the league, which is why the bullshit way he plays really turns me off of him. Also, if you can't understand why people called him selfish after that way he treated Houston the last few months then I have no idea of what your idea of selfish is.
Speaking of the way Harden plays, I think the Hawks had better trade Collins before her murders Trae.

JPRouve

Scout
Speaking of the way Harden plays, I think the Hawks had better trade Collins before her murders Trae.
Talking about a trade around Collins, he seems to be the ideal forward target for the Timberwolves. A trade involving at least Collins, Culver and a Wolves 1st round pick could be interesting.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Talking about a trade around Collins, he seems to be the ideal forward target for the Timberwolves. A trade involving at least Collins, Culver and a Wolves 1st round pick could be interesting.
Culver would seem to be redundant for the Hawks as they already have Hunter and Huerter.

JPRouve

Scout
Culver would seem to be redundant for the Hawks as they already have Hunter and Huerter.
The point isn't necessarily to keep him, a third team can be involved. Culver seems to be the most valuable tradeable asset.

Bubz27

I don't rate him as top tier, just below for me. Not sure many are calling him bad either? But the thing with this trade is it just doesn't seem to add balance.

AD and LeBron was a match made in heaven. And they're both averaging around 30mpg and still have the best record in the league. That seems like a perfect balance.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't rate him as top tier, just below for me. Not sure many are calling him bad either? But the thing with this trade is it just doesn't seem to add balance.

AD and LeBron was a match made in heaven. And they're both averaging around 30mpg and still have the best record in the league. That seems like a perfect balance.
Really? I feel that he is so good offensively that he gets into top tier just based on that and he is an acceptable defender when he tries. I expect them to be very good during the regular season but I'm skeptical about the playoffs when synergy and defense are needed.

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I agree with @JPRouve on this, I think he is a top tier talent. I still have nightmares of what he did to the Lakers in the playoffs back in OKC. That is why the way he plays now pisses me of so much. He was sooooo good back then, even before he became an elite shooter.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Really? I feel that he is so good offensively that he gets into top tier just based on that and he is an acceptable defender when he tries. I expect them to be very good during the regular season but I'm skeptical about the playoffs when synergy and defense are needed.
Come playoff time their defence will be very different with DAJ out of the rotation and KD playing the 5

Bubz27

It's not so much the lack of effort on defense for the majority of his minutes. It's the playoffs disappearing acts. He's got pretty much what he's wanted at Houston and he's always got an excuse when it doesn't work.

Sarni

I’m not sure. Their defence is bad enough without him.

JPRouve

Scout
Depends on KD. If KD is the player he was with the warriors, then YES.
We are talking about a team that played small ball with Iguodala, Thompson, KD and Green. I don't see the parallel.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We are talking about a team that played small ball with Iguodala, Thompson, KD and Green. I don't see the parallel.
KD is a 7 footer, the only guy in the East he can't guard 1on1 is Embiid. He was a really good rebounder and rim protector too. Yeah their defence is not gonna be the warriors, but do they need it to be?

JPRouve

Scout
KD is a 7 footer, the only guy in the East he can't guard 1on1 is Embiid. He was a really good rebounder and rim protector too. Yeah their defence is not gonna be the warriors, but do they need it to be?
Well that's the question. :lol:

RooneyLegend

Houston ended up being designed for him to play alone. He's led the league in assist once upon a time. He's obviously far from selfish and he always passes out of double teams for better or worse.