NBA 2020-2021

Moby

Dick
What would they do with Embiid?
Yeah, although given it's Embiid I am gonna be cautious about having high hopes but it would be glorious if he finally gets to that level people have been expecting from him from day 1 and fecks up this Nets team.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
What would they do with Embiid?
Throw bodies at him and make it difficult for him to get his 45 points. On offense they can nullify him b/c their big 3 are all perimeter players. If they put him on KD then KD just passes out or draws him away from the hoop to give the other 2 driving lanes. I think Philly has the best chance in the East though.

edcunited1878

Interesting takeaway for you NBA/basketball nuts re: the 3 point shot.

A whopping 16 teams — over half the league — are attempting at least 40% of their shots as three-pointers this season. For reference, here's how many teams did so in the past:

• 1980-2016: 0
  • 2017: 1
  • 2018: 2
  • 2019: 5
  • 2020: 9
The 16 teams: Raptors (48.2%), Jazz (47.1%), Trail Blazers (46.6%), Thunder (44.7%), Heat (44.5%), Suns (44.3%), Rockets (43.2%), Warriors (42.4%), Mavericks (42.2%), Nets (41.8%), Bucks (41.8%), Clippers (41.8%), Pistons (41%), Hornets (40.6%), Hawks (40.2%), Bulls (40.1%).

Wild stat: Of the 42,036 field goals attempted by all 30 NBA teams this season, 16,608 have been threes, making the league-wide rate roughly 40%. Put another way, the NBA as a whole is now doing something that until recently no team had ever done.

Sign of the times ... Stephen Curry on Saturday passed Reggie Miller for second on the all-time three-pointers list (in roughly half as a many games!). But the Warriors were blown out by the Jazz, who attempted more threes (50) than twos (44).

ZDwyr

Getting far too caught up in the tanking race. More invested in this than I was in the past 2-3 seasons to be honest. So annoying to see OKC picking up random wins against teams like Portland and Brooklyn while the Wizards, Wolves and Detroit consistently lose. Can't afford to miss out on this draft considering the talent.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Sekou Smith has died from COVID-19. :(

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Getting far too caught up in the tanking race. More invested in this than I was in the past 2-3 seasons to be honest. So annoying to see OKC picking up random wins against teams like Portland and Brooklyn while the Wizards, Wolves and Detroit consistently lose. Can't afford to miss out on this draft considering the talent.
As long as you are bottom 3 there's no difference whether you end up 10-62 or 20-52. Will be hard to beat those three though, I reckon the 'best' OKC can hope for would be 4th worst record which is still 11.5% chance compared to 14.0% for bottom three. The funny thing is Wizards and Wolves were actually actively trying to become good this season. I wonder what happens to Beal, plenty of rumors linking him mainly with Denver and Miami but the asking price may be too much.

ZDwyr

Yeah I think bottom 3 will be tough, which is the issue. I expected Detroit to suck but the Wizards was unexpected. If KAT plays more then Minnesota might be good enough to miss the bottom 3

Sandyman

YESSS!!! Great hard fought win against the Lakers.

Although giving up a 13-0 run towards the end :lol: So typical of this team.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Suns lost again. We're in a slump and Monty needs go improve his offensive plays and rotations or he needs to go.

We've lost so many games this season because he kept making the team shoot 3s even though we've kept missing them.

Charlie Foley

Suns lost again. We're in a slump and Monty needs go improve his offensive plays and rotations or he needs to go.

We've lost so many games this season because he kept making the team shoot 3s even though we've kept missing them.
That makes me hopeful for tonight because I don’t the Warriors are good at defending 3s, so hopefully Suns can’t take advantage of that. :lol:

steph didn’t score until the end of the first half, then in the second hit a no look 3 and a step back 3 off of some frankly absurd footwork.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

That's a very interesting conversation where they talk about everything from social activism, LA in the 80s-90s and Basketball in general. It's a bit strange to see Fizdale mention the crack epidemic so casually, it must have been a weird experience as a kid.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Harden is definitely going to lead the league in assists this season. Completely in control of the Nets offence already.

Woodzy

I watched The Last Dance and now I want to get into basketball everybody, because life i boring and I have nothing else to do. Let me know where I should start.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I watched The Last Dance and now I want to get into basketball everybody, because life i boring and I have nothing else to do. Let me know where I should start.
I did exactly that, really recommend it. I think I now like the NBA more than football, though that may be just because Arsenal are so dull to watch. I'd say;

1) There are a tonne of good videos on youtube on individual player highlights, classic moments, storylines of famous teams etc that are good to watch
2) The NBA puts up full-game replays on youtube of some classic games - watch some of those and see what you think
3) If you really want to get into it, buy League Pass. It lets you watch full replays of any game from the last 7/8 years, and all the games from the current season live or on-demand. There are plenty of people on here who can recommend some good matches on there to start with.

Sandyman

Wow we finally won a game without Embiid. With a huge 4th quarter comeback to boot.