NBA 2020-2021

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He carried that form into the 2021 “who hit the buffet line the hardest (Hardenist?)” rankings.
He is 18th while sabotaging his team. Harden is exceptionally good.

Baneofthegame

Just makes me laugh the amount of stick he's been getting. He showed last night he's clearly still one of the best in the game. Triple double on your debut breaking a franchise and NBA record in the process.

Guarantee most people calling him a bad player wouldn't be saying that had he been traded to their team.

The selfish insults got slapped down in style too. He was incredibly unselfish last night. Finding players all over the court.
He got a lot of stick because he quit on his team, which had been built around Harden iso ball forhis entire time in Houston.

Harden is a top tier player, especially offensively, it’a the way he plays that irritates people, perhaps now he’ll change now he’s playing with KD.

Really? I feel that he is so good offensively that he gets into top tier just based on that and he is an acceptable defender when he tries. I expect them to be very good during the regular season but I'm skeptical about the playoffs when synergy and defense are needed.
His defence is IMO, trash.

Come playoff time their defence will be very different with DAJ out of the rotation and KD playing the 5
If they play KD at the 5 against any decent big, I’ll be shocked.

Baneofthegame

Credit to Golden State......this wasn't a "champions focus" from us.
Yeah, losing a 14 or lead reminds me of the start of last season, Bron and AD weren’t great by any stretch.

Only concerning thing is we’ve lost to some of the better teams we’ve faced, Portland, Clippers and now GSW.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Bucks vs. Nets was brilliant, best game I’ve seen this season.

I’m sure he has been at times, but I just don’t see the ‘selfish Harden’ that gets described so often. Wouldn’t be surprised if he leads the league in assists this season, 14 and 10 I think it’s been in his first two games, and he should have had about 10 more just from Jordan. The amount he’ll be able to create when he’s on the floor with KD, Kyrie and Harris will be nuts, you’ll basically always be guaranteed an open three.

Charlie Foley

Credit to Golden State......this wasn't a "champions focus" from us.
Thanks man. Yeah I thought Lakers were definitely coasting at points after the early big lead. But delighted with how we hung in there, Oubre stepping up, Steph gutted through a tough night for him to finish with a decent total and that last 3 over AD of all people was :drool: Our starters gotta stop digging a hole for our bench to dig us out though! I love this team, so much heart

Stephen87

I’m sure he has been at times, but I just don’t see the ‘selfish Harden’ that gets described so often. Wouldn’t be surprised if he leads the league in assists this season, 14 and 10 I think it’s been in his first two games, and he should have had about 10 more just from Jordan. The amount he’ll be able to create when he’s on the floor with KD, Kyrie and Harris will be nuts, you’ll basically always be guaranteed an open three.
What a game that was. Really looking forward to seeing what the Nets can do now with Harden in the mix. Really exciting team at the moment. Lakers and GS Warriors wasn’t a bad game either!

In a general query, is there any highlight package show like MOTD or NFL Total Access for NBA? The highlights are great but would love a hour long type wrap up programme.

Zen

Also had a whopping 15 turnovers..... Chris Paul would of walked a title if you gave him KD on top of Harden, even if it meant losing Capela and PJ. Ditto if Kobe was allowed his big 3 before LeBron made it okay for peak megastars to combine.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Thanks man. Yeah I thought Lakers were definitely coasting at points after the early big lead. But delighted with how we hung in there, Oubre stepping up, Steph gutted through a tough night for him to finish with a decent total and that last 3 over AD of all people was :drool: Our starters gotta stop digging a hole for our bench to dig us out though! I love this team, so much heart
I really hope Golden State are going back to a good level because that would be so important for the league.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Funny he says this because when Karl Malone was 21, a 13 year old girl was giving birth to a child fathered by Malone
But how many minutes was he averaging?

Bubz27

10:32 of action and Harden hasn't even attempted a field goal :lol:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Just saw the Nets Box Score. If Durant gets hurt then Nash should never have a coaching job again. Ever. Like never.

50 min?? Are you kidding me? 5 guys played 40+ minutes. In a regular season game. Against the Cavs.

Charlie Foley

Another good win. Best defensive performance all season I reckon. Wiseman will be a serious player

Bubz27

Just saw the Nets Box Score. If Durant gets hurt then Nash should never have a coaching job again. Ever. Like never.

50 min?? Are you kidding me? 5 guys played 40+ minutes. In a regular season game. Against the Cavs.
Hater blah blah blah

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
The highlights of Steph in this game were something else. If on form, there is no other superstar who is more enjoyable to watch for me.
Me too. The move where he dribbled past three Spurs players, faked a pass out to his right, and then cut to his left to lay it in past the remaining two Spurs was something else.
Another good win. Best defensive performance all season I reckon. Wiseman will be a serious player
Damn good all around performance to be honest. A wire to wire win is definitely something I'd like to see more of. Helps the blood pressure immensely.

Charlie Foley

The highlights of Steph in this game were something else. If on form, there is no other superstar who is more enjoyable to watch for me.
Same for me. My favourite player ever. I’ll even forgive him his customary silly turnover :lol:

Me too. The move where he dribbled past three Spurs players, faked a pass out to his right, and then cut to his left to lay it in past the remaining two Spurs was something else.
Damn good all around performance to be honest. A wire to wire win is definitely something I'd like to see more of. Helps the blood pressure immensely.
yes we were really good all over. Oubre continuing to improve, Wiggins rebuild continues, Wiseman looked excellent after a tough game in LA: I know he wasn’t playing against someone in the class of AD tonight, but that is the point of AD, he stands out. Also really happy to see Poole sink a few 3s at the end, especially with a bad turnover, hopefully it can give him some confidence and we get some good minutes from him.

Charlie Foley

Unless there is something major we are all missing, that Draymond ejection is one of the worst I’ve ever seen. I don’t think the refs are corrupt, but if you’re going to make a call that terrible and don’t earn some extra money on the side for doing so you are as stupid as you are incompetent and you are a disservice to your family.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Has Giannis always been this frustrating to watch (constant offensive fouls, bad decision making on shooting, FTs etc), or is he getting worse in some aspects?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The 81-point game is 15 years ago now. 15 friggin years. Damn I feel old. I remember it like it was yesterday, waking up, checking Teletext and I immediately went to my computer because I was convinced it was a typo.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Has Giannis always been this frustrating to watch (constant offensive fouls, bad decision making on shooting, FTs etc), or is he getting worse in some aspects?
That game where he went 10% from the free-throw line was something else :lol:

I hope he gets back in shape.

Bubz27

Early verdicts on the big 3? Reckon they'll work it out somehow?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Early verdicts on the big 3? Reckon they'll work it out somehow?
Depends on what the definition of "work it out" is. Will the be good and make the playoffs? Absolutely. Can they win the East? Probably, as the east has looked pretty weak so far. Can they take out the Clippers or Lakers in the finals? I doubt it based on what I have seen.

But I am a hater, so my opinion does not matter. :rolleyes: :)

Bubz27

Depends on what the definition of "work it out" is. Will the be good and make the playoffs? Absolutely. Can they win the East? Probably, as the east has looked pretty weak so far. Can they take out the Clippers or Lakers in the finals? I doubt it based on what I have seen.

But I am a hater, so my opinion does not matter. :rolleyes: :)
What would they do with Embiid?