NBA 2020-2021

Luke1995

90-93 definitely. These are the numbers from Suns 93' final series for example.
Thank you for your reply. I'm about to go on a whole learning experience.

In the meantime, wishing all you guys a great thread!

Zen

That third team was the Nuggets - not the Warriors. You'll find loads having the Warriors quite low in the play off/in spots. Lakers-Clips-Nuggets was quite unanimously the top 3 coming in.

But yeah, if you find a prediction with either in the top 3 - I'd be surprised and impressed by whoever predicted it. But most would of had both top 7 I think.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Kerr has been found out so badly as a coach this season. He got a free pass last season but his inability to make any changes this season shows him up badly . His rotations are absolutely garbage , he has no plan on how to develop the number 2 pick in the draft and his team is one of the most indisciplined & low iq teams in the league. Feel bad for Steph because he is having a stellar season and the future doesn't look too good with the warriors for him.

Zen

Totally agree, Kerr's a great guy and all, but as I've said previously or at least in other places - The Warriors are now behind the curve they created ... Curry's still a monumental player which shows given they are just above .500 with him. But I think even with the addition of Klay they don't push that much further up for me - they are dated, sport moves extremely fast nowadays that you can't rest on something that works so well for that long.

I mean, they were dated with KD, the Rockets had no right to push them to 7 and well, be the better team on the whole.... but they were simply so overloaded with talent it didn't matter. Just like they were so ahead of the curve in the years prior to KD that it hardly mattered until other teams(OKC/Cavs) adjusted in the playoffs - Kerr hasn't really adjusted to shit, he's seemingly waiting to get the initial band back together?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Anyone predict at the start of the season that the top 2 teams in the West would be Utah and Phoenix?

Yeah, me neither
I had us making the playoffs at the 5/6 seed.

Being the current 2nd seed is beyond my wildest expectations. Something really clicked for the young boys in the bubble and adding vets like CP3 and Jae really took us to the next level.

reelworld

I had us making the playoffs at the 5/6 seed.

Being the current 2nd seed is beyond my wildest expectations. Something really clicked for the young boys in the bubble and adding vets like CP3 and Jae really took us to the next level.
Yeah, I was predicting 4th seed, and even then I feel that's was a bit too optimistic. Didn't really expect us to be 2nd above the LA teams. James Jones deserves so much credit building this team. The team building he did from two years ago was nothing sort of incredible. Other than getting players like CP3 and Jae, the fact that he managed to convinced Monty Williams to come to Phoenix ahead of the Lakers was pure genius.

reelworld

Totally agree, Kerr's a great guy and all, but as I've said previously or at least in other places - The Warriors are now behind the curve they created ... Curry's still a monumental player which shows given they are just above .500 with him. But I think even with the addition of Klay they don't push that much further up for me - they are dated, sport moves extremely fast nowadays that you can't rest on something that works so well for that long.

I mean, they were dated with KD, the Rockets had no right to push them to 7 and well, be the better team on the whole.... but they were simply so overloaded with talent it didn't matter. Just like they were so ahead of the curve in the years prior to KD that it hardly mattered until other teams(OKC/Cavs) adjusted in the playoffs - Kerr hasn't really adjusted to shit, he's seemingly waiting to get the initial band back together?
To be honest, the Warriors front office isn't doing him any favors with signing low IQ players like Wiggins and Oubre. Kerr tactics was based on high BBIQ players making the correct reads on offense and defense. Can't do that with those 2 as your starter.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
To be honest, the Warriors front office isn't doing him any favors with signing low IQ players like Wiggins and Oubre. Kerr tactics was based on high BBIQ players making the correct reads on offense and defense. Can't do that with those 2 as your starter.
To be honest, there's a whole lot of blame to go around. As has been rightly pointed out Kerr is not doing a great job this year but I agree with you about some of the front office moves.

Even though I wasn't keen on the trade Andrew Wiggins has been somewhat of a surprise to me, but I've got to admit the bar was set awfully low. He is not as bad as I thought he would be and the real pay off may come with the 2021 Minnesota pick, but either way there's no way he should be on a max contract.

The situation with Klay was always going to be difficult paying someone max money when you know they're going to be out a year, but the second injury was just devastating to the whole organization and I will be surprised if he can come close to what he was (especially on the defensive end).

Last and most definitely least Oubre should have been moved at the trade deadline. The only reason not to get rid was that they are contemplating trying to re-sign him next year. If that is the case I'd have given him away for a couple of T-bags and a doughnut. He has had a few good moments but there is no way I'd want him back.

As to the bench, it is awful. I think it's possible Poole and, Mannion may turn out to be decent players (especially Poole) but they are 21 and 20 respectively and then when you have another 20 year old in Wiseman as part of your starting line up that is an awful lot of youth. Bazemore and Lee are journeymen at best especially the latter.

Going forward, I'm not sure I have high hope's either. Draymond has shown some positives on offense over the last few games but there have been others where he has literally not taken a shot. The team will definitely need more from the self proclaimed "greatest defensive player of all time" if they're going to make some noise in the future. I'm also definitely worried about Klay as I've already said. I've seen what happened to DeMarcus Cousins with similar injuries and I can see Klay having some of the same difficulties.

At the end of the day, I just wonder what Steph Curry thinks about all this. Maybe Lebron was on to something with his recruiting pitch. I think if that happened though I'd just start watching baseball. God forbid!

Last edited:

elmo

Played well against the Clippers in the first half, but the player fell flat when he fatigue from playing an OT game against the Jazz last night.

Gotta say, a series against them would be fiesty. PG and Booker seems like they're out for blood against each other while CP3 and Beverley both clearly dislike each other.

sport2793

Played well against the Clippers in the first half, but the player fell flat when he fatigue from playing an OT game against the Jazz last night.

Gotta say, a series against them would be fiesty. PG and Booker seems like they're out for blood against each other while CP3 and Beverley both clearly dislike each other.
Ya not a game for the Suns to think about too much, the Clips had more energy (Suns on a back to back) and played as well as they can play. If the Suns hit 40% of 3 pointers then they would have won the game despite the Clips hitting almost 50% of their threes and hitting 18 of them! In a 7 game series, that is not a sustainable formula for the Clips. If Ayton can stay out of foul trouble, I actually think the Suns have a good shot against them in the playoffs (especially if playoff Paul George shows up).

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Andrew fecking Wiggins. Three point lead with 7 seconds to go and he fouls the shooter on a three point shot - and worse Beal makes it and the and one for a 4 point play. What a boneheaded play. Of course the Dubs then screw up their attempt to win the game by turning it over.

Last edited:

elmo

Ya not a game for the Suns to think about too much, the Clips had more energy (Suns on a back to back) and played as well as they can play. If the Suns hit 40% of 3 pointers then they would have won the game despite the Clips hitting almost 50% of their threes and hitting 18 of them! In a 7 game series, that is not a sustainable formula for the Clips. If Ayton can stay out of foul trouble, I actually think the Suns have a good shot against them in the playoffs (especially if playoff Paul George shows up).
Mikal not being in foul trouble would be important as well.

Cam Johnson played pretty well, but Mikal would be crucial in helping to slow down Kawhi.

Deery

Dreary
Jayson Tatum with a career high of 53 points last night as the Celtics beat the Timberwolves in OT.

Could be a turning point for the Celtics season picked up a bit of momentum of late.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Nets losing to the Lakers without LBJ, AD and Kuzma? That's tuff.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Early days but the Wolves could be purchased by Marc Lore and Alex Rodriguez. I'm a bit anxious.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Nets losing to the Lakers without LBJ, AD and Kuzma? That's tuff.
Yeah... but LA had everything goung for them and Nets scored less than 20% of their 3‘s attempted

Bubz27

Drummond looked like the player he was once ment to become.
I'm so interested to see what he does when James and AD are back. James has a way of getting players like Drummond to get serious.

Bubz27

:lol: :cool:

Imagine the buzz if the Nets beat a full strength Lakers team without Kyrie, Durant and Harden.
It's obviously a different story on playoffs. Both teams will be stronger. But I like what I'm seeing from LA now. AD is the key. If he comes back fully fit and mentally ready, we'll be tough to beat over 7 for anyone.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Wiseman tears his meniscus and is probably out rest of season. Dubs just can't catch a break.

ZDwyr

Wiseman tears his meniscus and is probably out rest of season. Dubs just can't catch a break.
Has he been a positive player this season? Obviously sucks for his development but if he is like most rookies it will probably help the team if he is out.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So the NBA has had its first ever weather delay (I think). The match between the Raptors and Knicks has been halted because of a leak in the Madison Square Garden roof. It's been raining for a while in New York City, but I never thought that rain water would leak through the Madison Square Garden roof.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Has he been a positive player this season? Obviously sucks for his development but if he is like most rookies it will probably help the team if he is out.
He's had his moments, but on the whole it's been very up and down. The development part is a big deal though because there's no way the Dubs are doing anything this year overall and so he needs to be on the court. Kerr has made it clear he's not going to go away from his "read and react" offense and Wiseman has really struggled with it. He needs to be out there learning.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So the NBA has had its first ever weather delay (I think). The match between the Raptors and Knicks has been halted because of a leak in the Madison Square Garden roof. It's been raining for a while in New York City, but I never thought that rain water would leak through the Madison Square Garden roof.
Not really a weather delay, but this happened when I was supposed to attend my first ever NBA game in 2010:
"Following last night’s Rangers game, during overnight maintenance of Madison Square Garden, which included cleaning asbestos-related materials in the attic above the ceiling, some debris fell into the Arena. Out of an abundance of caution, we are postponing tonight’s Knicks v. Magic game."
So also problems with the MSG ceiling. Luckily we were able to catch their next game against the Wizards - Arenas, Wall, Stoudemire :drool:

It was really the first time back then I ever heard about an NBA game being delayed and just the one we were going to, we couldn't believe it :lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Not really a weather delay, but this happened when I was supposed to attend my first ever NBA game in 2010:

So also problems with the MSG ceiling. Luckily we were able to catch their next game against the Wizards - Arenas, Wall, Stoudemire :drool:

It was really the first time back then I ever heard about an NBA game being delayed and just the one we were going to, we couldn't believe it :lol:
:lol:

I wonder how much longer NYC will hold off on renovating MSG's ceiling/roof.

Zen

You know something, seeing Arenas name up there and that he played with Wall at some point baffles me.... I thought he came and went so fast in the mid 00's, surprised he got to Wall. But then I kinda forget Wall's been around 10 years now. We need to bring crazy guards that also score bucketloads, AI and Arenas we're nutters.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Another great night for Steph. If he can keep this up the Warriors can definitely make the playoffs especially if Kelly Oubre can somehow have a relapse with his wrist injury and is sidelined for longer.;)

Just to give some context to what Curry is doing, a couple of days ago statmuse pointed out that this season with Curry on the floor the Dubs offense is rated 13th but when he is not playing/off the floor the offense is the worst in the NBA for the last 5 years and the 7th worst of all time in the history of the league. Damn!

Bubz27

Another great night for Steph. If he can keep this up the Warriors can definitely make the playoffs especially if Kelly Oubre can somehow have a relapse with his wrist injury and is sidelined for longer.;)

Just to give some context to what Curry is doing, a couple of days ago statmuse pointed out that this season with Curry on the floor the Dubs offense is rated 13th but when he is not playing/off the floor the offense is the worst in the NBA for the last 5 years and the 7th worst of all time in the history of the league. Damn!
Him and Bron in LA is going to be so much fun :p