NBA 2020-2021

SinNombre

Another great night for Steph. If he can keep this up the Warriors can definitely make the playoffs especially if Kelly Oubre can somehow have a relapse with his wrist injury and is sidelined for longer.;)

Just to give some context to what Curry is doing, a couple of days ago statmuse pointed out that this season with Curry on the floor the Dubs offense is rated 13th but when he is not playing/off the floor the offense is the worst in the NBA for the last 5 years and the 7th worst of all time in the history of the league. Damn!
They are 1-8 without Steph.

Do the Warriors get a chance in the lottery if they finish 9th or 10th?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
They are 1-8 without Steph.

Do the Warriors get a chance in the lottery if they finish 9th or 10th?
If they finish 9th or 10th but win both play in games to make it into the playoffs as the 8th seed then they are considered to have finished 8th in the standings and would not be in the lottery. On the other side of the coin, if they finish 7th or 8th but lose both play in games to finish 9th then they would be in the lottery.

That's my understanding anyway.

Charlie Foley

Jamal Murray out for a year with torn ACL. Damn, feel bad for him
I felt so bad for him. Nuggets were chasing that game last night when a few warriors baskets would have meant garbage time. I thought initially Steph(?) had bumped him coming back and he landed funny. A non contact injury Had me even more worried. You hate to see it.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Him and Bron in LA is going to be so much fun :p
I'd hate to see it as a Dubs fan but having Lebron as a sidekick could really help Steph win another ring. ;)

Last edited:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
If it happened, you could call LeBron his bitch, I don't care :lol:
I think you misunderstood, I meant as a Dubs fan I wouldn't really want Lebron as a Warrior (too much drama), but if it meant Steph and the Dubs could win more titles I'd put up with it.:)

Ladron de redcafe

I think you misunderstood, I meant as a Dubs fan I wouldn't really want Lebron as a Warrior (too much drama), but if it meant Steph and the Dubs could win more titles I'd put up with it.:)
And I think that LeBron - more than any elite player - forces teams to change the way they play to fit his skillset. The way he has his team's normally play (with him as the point forward handling the ball for 14+ seconds as he runs a half court set) is antithetical in every sense to what the Warriors represent and the basketball they have played over the past 6 years.

Durant slid in like a glove, but LeBron wouldn't be nearly as seamless in my opinion.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
And I think that LeBron - more than any elite player - forces teams to change the way they play to fit his skillset. The way he has his team's normally play (with him as the point forward handling the ball for 14+ seconds as he runs a half court set) is antithetical in every sense to what the Warriors represent and the basketball they have played over the past 6 years.

Durant slid in like a glove, but LeBron wouldn't be nearly as seamless in my opinion.
Yeah, that too. ;)

cafecillos

That's amazing, but how cringeworthy can Youtube video titles get? "Luka Doncic Shocks Entire World With CRAZIEST Game Winner 3 In NBA History!"

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
That's amazing, but how cringeworthy can Youtube video titles get? "Luka Doncic Shocks Entire World With CRAZIEST Game Winner 3 In NBA History!"
The titles of basketball youtube videos are shambolic in general, yeah.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Shocking news but it's for his health. Apparently he has an irregular heartbeat?

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
What? Like, right now? Before trying to get a ring with his superteam buddies?

Edit: Just looked into it. Don't feck with heart problems. I hope he gets it under control. What an undeservedly quiet ending to a good carreer.
He was only 49 points away from reaching 20k, too.

Zen

Yeah, I was massively bamboozled until further info came about, tweeting it like that is pretty weak - he should delete and tweet again accordingly, as should anyone who 'broke' it without full info imo. Absolutely shame for LMA too, no doubt. Really solid career.

In other news and what I came in here for mainly. Steph is absolutely sizzling in April so far! Love him when he's fire, the crazy thing is, there's not like there's others taking a great deal of attention away from him. Unreal numbers.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
In other news and what I came in here for mainly. Steph is absolutely sizzling in April so far! Love him when he's fire, the crazy thing is, there's not like there's others taking a great deal of attention away from him. Unreal numbers.
Hot, hot, hot!

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
31PPG at 66% TS just to get a play in spot. Some of the people at the Warriors should be embarrassed
You're right but I don't think its quite as simple as embarrassment. There is a huge amount of incompetence and to be honest just some sheer bad luck for the whole organization when you consider Klay's injury as well.

Steph has been brilliant, Draymond has been pretty decent (at times), Wiggins has been passable and Oubre has been an unmitigated disaster especially when you consider his salary (including the luxury taxes that have been paid out to get him) is of the order of 80 million. Throw in Steve Kerr's refusal to even contemplate going away from his complicated and high IQ "read and react" offense and you can start to see where some of this mess is coming from. I think it's possible that Wiggins, Oubre and Wiseman may be 3 of the dumbest basketball players around and even though Wiseman has the excuse of age on his side it still doesn't help the situation.

Having said all that, I still think it's possible that even with all of the above, without Steph's injury they would have had a possible shot at the 6th seed but currently they are hanging on for dear life to a play in spot and just hoping there are no more injuries to Curry.

As an aside a true shooting percentage of 66%+ and 30+ ppg is an incredibly rare occurrence having only been done by Steph himself in his unanimous MVP year and Adrian Dantley back in the early 80s.

Last edited:

Ladron de redcafe

For what it's worth, Curry has closed the scoring gap deficit to 0.3 ppg behind Beal. The scoring title appeared to be done and dusted a month ago, and Steph has remarkably almost caught up.

It's a shame he wasn't allowed to stay in the game last night as he had 11 threes in 3 quarters and was only 3 short of the NBA record. When a player is that hot from the field, I love to see them continue. Would have been back to back 50 point games as well.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Going a bit under the radar but just how bad are the Pelicans . To not even make the play in game will be pretty darn awful.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The Timberwolves do not have the worst record anymore, watch out NBA teams, the Wolves are chasing them rings!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Warriors Vs Celtics Vs one of the games of the season. Insane performance by Steph again with 11 3's , matched by a great performance by Tatum.

Charlie Foley

Hard loss but great game. Couple of good games against the Celtics this year actually. I love JTA, hope he’s ok

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Hard loss but great game. Couple of good games against the Celtics this year actually. I love JTA, hope he’s ok
The two missed free throws by Bazemore and then him being faked out by Marcus Smart on the next play leading to a wide open three was the sequence that really killed them. The Celtics were already on a bit of a run by that point and Bazemore's two free throws were a great opportunity to stop the rot and extend the Dubs lead. Instead the two misses and then the wide open three gave Boston all the momentum and the Dubs never really recovered after that.

JTA though. What a horse that guy is. The lad just never gives up. Like you said, hope he is ok.

Talking about ok. Hope Steph's ankle is not too bad either. If he misses any more games the Warriors are toast.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
The Knicks have been the revelation of the season, Such a fun team to watch these days especially with guys like Randle, RJ, and Rose playing the way they have. Noel has also really stepped up in the absence of Mitch and Taj the vet stepping it up. IQ as well has been a solid draft pick.

We Need a PG and someone like Lonzo could be an interesting piece.

As for the rest of the NBA Steph is my MVP with Jokic a close second.

ROTY is a easy pick...Injured or not LaMelo was so much better than every other rookie.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The Knicks have been the revelation of the season, Such a fun team to watch these days especially with guys like Randle, RJ, and Rose playing the way they have. Noel has also really stepped up in the absence of Mitch and Taj the vet stepping it up. IQ as well has been a solid draft pick.

We Need a PG and someone like Lonzo could be an interesting piece.

As for the rest of the NBA Steph is my MVP with Jokic a close second.

ROTY is a easy pick...Injured or not LaMelo was so much better than every other rookie.
Jokic will be the MVP. They cannot possibly give MVP to an 8-10 seed.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I see Steph is questionable for tonights game. He needs to sit this one out. This is probably a game the Dubs will lose anyway and if Curry aggravates the ankle turning it into something other than day to day, the Warriors are done. Sit this one out Steph and come back against the Wizards on Wednesday.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Westbrook says hi
They were still like the 5th seed and that one was a bit contentious as well, I think Harden should have got this. His stats were also insane.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
It's been a long time coming but I have finally found something relating to basketball that I agree with Max Kellerman on. This morning I heard him say that if there was a laser pointed directly at himself and there was a choice to pick either Andre Iguodala or Steph Curry to make a shot as to whether it fired on him or not, he would choose Iggy. Well Max if there was a laser pointed directly at you and you could be saved by one of those two making a shot I would choose Iggy too.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I see Steph is questionable for tonights game. He needs to sit this one out. This is probably a game the Dubs will lose anyway and if Curry aggravates the ankle turning it into something other than day to day, the Warriors are done. Sit this one out Steph and come back against the Wizards on Wednesday.
Well, Steph's playing. Hope it goes ok.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Seriously what a freak this guy is . I am kind of annoyed now that Warriors got KD because the NBA missed out on a few years of this freak

Charlie Foley

It's been a long time coming but I have finally found something relating to basketball that I agree with Max Kellerman on. This morning I heard him say that if there was a laser pointed directly at himself and there was a choice to pick either Andre Iguodala or Steph Curry to make a shot as to whether it fired on him or not, he would choose Iggy. Well Max if there was a laser pointed directly at you and you could be saved by one of those two making a shot I would choose Iggy too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: