NBA 2020-2021

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Good win for the Dubs . Shit that Memphis won against Portland too. Dubs playing their best basketball of the season so would be nice to steal 8th
I still think the Dubs can get 6th so I didn't mind the Grizzlies win at all. Golden State has 12 games left, 3 against the Pels, 2 against the Thunder, and 1 each against the Rockets, Wolves and Kings. With the up and down season they've been having you can't count on anything but on paper there's some really winnable games there. In addition, they play the Mavs and the Grizz at home and if they win both of those games it gives them the series win for the season over both so they would win any tiebreaker. Unfortunately, they also have games against the Suns and Jazz, but they are both at home and more importantly they are in the last week of the season where one or both may be resting players getting ready for the playoffs. So there's definitely hope.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
It's stat padding as long as the statline looks better than his actual performance which is basically Drummond's entire career summed up.
How is a 6/12 statline for a center statpadding (in 30 minutes playtime!)? Getting rebounds is his job, he`s a center after all and 6 points is 3 baskets (on 5 attempts). And that statline doesn`t even look great, no one would draw conclusions from 6 points and 12 rebounds.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
How is a 6/12 statline for a center statpadding (in 30 minutes playtime!)? Getting rebounds is his job, he`s a center after all and 6 points is 3 baskets (on 5 attempts). And that statline doesn`t even look great, no one would draw conclusions from 6 points and 12 rebounds.
My point is that his statline makes it look like he had an acceptable game when in reality he was an absolute joke.

Marc Gasol should have more playing time especially down the stretch but somehow Vogel thinks otherwise.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
People should really read that Anthony Edwards interview with GQ, it's surreal, I can't tell if it's true or not. :lol:

You lying ya ass off.

[laughs] I’m dead ass! I’m dead ass! I sweatagod!

I want to see a video of you a month from now once you train.

Nah, I’m not finna train for that.

What is it if you allegedly threw it right now, then?

92, 93 mph.

92 right now?!

Yeah, fasho!

Well, the Braves might be able to use you.

Yeah, they can use me…..In my offseason!

arthurka

There's people in this thread who thinks he's a good defender and an offensive threat due to his stats.

On another note, Lakers really need LeBron back asap, their team is dysfunctional without him.
Yes it would also help to get AD back into some form

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Blazers seem to have completely fallen apart in April . 3-12 this month and they have a pretty hard schedule left . Could easily finish 9th/10th

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Blazers seem to have completely fallen apart in April . 3-12 this month and they have a pretty hard schedule left . Could easily finish 9th/10th
Just finished watching the game. I don't understand it myself. On paper, their starting line up is pretty good with Lillard, McCollum, Powell, Nurkic and Covington. Since they also have Carmelo and Kanter off the bench I expected them to be challenging for a top 4 seed instead of (as of right now) fighting to stay in the play in tournament. As you also point out they have a pretty tough schedule left as well so that play in tournament could get even more interesting.

You gotta love basketball you can go from the penthouse to the outhouse and vice-versa really quickly. It really is a great game.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Just finished watching the game. I don't understand it myself. On paper, their starting line up is pretty good with Lillard, McCollum, Powell, Nurkic and Covington. Since they also have Carmelo and Kanter off the bench I expected them to be challenging for a top 4 seed instead of (as of right now) fighting to stay in the play in tournament. As you also point out they have a pretty tough schedule left as well so that play in tournament could get even more interesting.

You gotta love basketball you can go from the penthouse to the outhouse and vice-versa really quickly. It really is a great game.

Well this good man predicted it and even bet on it (comments)

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I did not have them among my top 8 in the West. (To me, even Dame is overrated.) So I was surprised to see them doing so well for three quarters of the season.

SinNombre

Steph is back on a run again. Shooting from the half way line today, so fun to watch though bit of a shitshow in the final quarter

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
This Dubs team has thrown away at least 6-8 wins this season. I am not talking about bad losses but rather historically awful losses . No idea how they have such awful stretches
Damn, they nearly did again. Its hard work pulling for this team. Its definitely aging me.:wenger:

Ladron de redcafe

The NBA scoring race is going right to the wire. After struggling in his last game, Curry had 37 points today to inch himself closer to Beal.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
The NBA scoring race is going right to the wire. After struggling in his last game, Curry had 37 points today to inch himself closer to Beal.
You're right it's real close right now but its Steph who is slightly in front.
31.26 v. 31.12

Ladron de redcafe

You're right it's real close right now but its Steph who is slightly in front.
31.26 v. 31.12
Thanks for the correction. I assumed he dropped behind after his struggles in the last game.

For what it's worth, i hope he wins it again. I think the MVP is going to Jokic but Steph has been sensational over the past few months and i hope that his performances this season get recognized.

ZDwyr

This whole Curry thing just makes me more annoyed that Durant went there. We could have seen much more of this.

elmo

Come the playoffs, Dame isn't enough firepower to outscore everyone else in the West and nobody on their team bothers to play defense properly other than Covington.

RORY65

I did not have them among my top 8 in the West. (To me, even Dame is overrated.) So I was surprised to see them doing so well for three quarters of the season.
Lillard's stats in the clutch were incredible for much of the season, they were digging out a lot of close wins but he's dropped off lately (I'm not sure he's fully right physically) and so they've started to lose those tight games. Like you I wasn't as high on them as others at the start of the season because they can't guard anyone, I had them as a play-in team which they likely will be but the way they're going to get there (very good for much of the season and very poor right now) wasn't the way I expected them to end up there. They're obviously not a free agent destination but it's a shame they've never put together a team that could properly compete around the superstar they have and which most teams lack.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Well this good man predicted it and even bet on it (comments)
I like KOC but who actually rated Portland prior to this season? They've basically been tipped as a slightly above .500 team for the last four seasons and have slightly overperformed if anything. Sure there have been a few, like Barkley, suggesting Portland can get to the Finals but general consensus has been that they are a 40-45 win team in a normal season.

The issue is that backcourt has no defense whatsoever and the coach cannot really scheme defense or offense well enough to get the wins. Offense is basically pure iso's, may as well be Lillard/CJ alone on the floor when we attack. Stotts is a good
coach for player development but terrible for in-game management.

The wise thing to do would be to replace Stotts and trade CJ for someone who fits in better, allowing Powell to slide back to backcourt and provide some of the defense that Dame misses. Problem is Dame rules this franchise and he will never approve CJ trade or Stotts' dismissal so we will be stuck where we are for the next 4-5 years, i.e. not bad enough to miss out on the playoffs completely and get a good pick but not good enough to challenge for championship either.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I like KOC but who actually rated Portland prior to this season? They've basically been tipped as a slightly above .500 team for the last four seasons and have slightly overperformed if anything.
You did, a month before the season you argued they have a stronger roster than the top 2 seeds in the West right now:
No Blazers? Really?

I think Portland are comfortably the most improved team compared to last season, at least on paper. We've gone from having Hezonja, Tolliver and Whiteside playing with Dame and CJ, to having Hood, Covington and healthy Nurkic out there. Our bench has gone from having to play rookie Little and Weynen Gabriel to having choice of Trent (who has developed so much over last year), Melo, Derrick Jones Jr, as well as having Collins, Giles and Kanter as our center options. It's probably the deepest roster in the West right now.

Barring injuries Blazers should be a lock for the playoffs. Definitely a stronger roster than Rockets, Jazz or Suns.

Sarni

You did, a month before the season you argued they have a stronger roster than the top 2 seeds in the West right now:
I actually still think the roster is close to being as good as them if not better, just the coach is much worse for this team and the fit isn’t perfect. Previous seasons Portland were close to Jazz and personnel hasn’t changed that much, if anything Blazers got stronger this year. Blazers also got the best player of all 3 teams. Jazz and Suns have over performed significantly this season, Blazers are on the opposite end especially over last few weeks.

But it definitely wasn’t consensus among NBA writers that Portland were going to be a top 3/4 team. My expectations for this year were much higher but I underestimated how bad of a fit this team is and how stubborn Stotts can be.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I don't understand coaches sometimes. In tonight's Wizards v Spurs game the Spurs had taken a three point lead with five seconds to go in overtime. The Wizards had the ball and had called a time out. Bradley Beal had already taken 36 shots and had pretty much dominated every possession for the Wizards in OT and was therefore being double teamed. However, he had only taken 4 three pointers on the night and was 0-4. Davis Bertans on the other hand is a career 41% shooter from 3 point range and was 3-5 from downtown for the game. The Wizards needed a 3 so who do you think Scotty Brooks went to?

You got it in one, Bradley Beal... and of course with 2 defenders all over him he missed.

Last edited:

elmo

I don't understand coaches sometimes. In tonight's Wizards v Spurs game the Spurs had taken a three point lead with five seconds to go in overtime. The Wizards had the ball and had called a time out. Bradley Beal had already taken 36 shots and had pretty much dominated every possession for the Wizards in OT and was therefore being double teamed. However, he had only taken 4 three pointers on the night and was 0-4. Davis Bertans on the other hand is a career 41% shooter from 3 point range and was 3-5 from downtown for the game. The Wizards needed a 3 so who do you think Scotty Brooks went to?

You got it in one, Bradley Beal... and of course with 2 defenders all over him he missed.
It's Brooks, he's well known for deferring to his star players in crunch time no matter what.

ZDwyr

Also well known for being a terrible coach. Pains me to think that we still got close to a championship with him in charge. Just imagine if it had been anyone else.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Back to a 2.5 game lead on the Mavs with this night’s results, goof stuff.

JPRouve

Scout

The scene is amusing but something is off, hopefully it's not more than petulance.

Sarni

Brooks is a dreadful coach but on a possession where they are likely to be heavily guarded I'd still trust Beal more than Bertans. Bertans is not really a great shooter off the dribble from what I remember.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Brooks is a dreadful coach but on a possession where they are likely to be heavily guarded I'd still trust Beal more than Bertans. Bertans is not really a great shooter off the dribble from what I remember.
I had no problem with the inbounds going to Beal but when they tried to collapse on him, running a play to get it to Bertans for an open look. Or use Beal as a decoy to get Bertans a catch and shoot. Either one! The funny thing was after Beal had missed, the rebound went to Bertans and Beal is stood about five feet away wanting Bertans to pass it to him again so he could brick up another one. Of course time had expired by that point so it didnt matter.

Last edited:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Well this could be going better. A 25-0 run and not scoring in 8 1/2 minutes. You don't see that every day.

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
The Nets better win this year because the T-Wolves will own the league next year. :D