NBA 2020-2021

Revan

Assumptionman
Loved the last two Nets - Bucks games, will make for an excellent series. I’m also convinced they’re the two best teams in the East, and unless they tire each other out completely in a seven game series, the winner will go on to the finals.
Does anyone know when Harden is supposed to come back? I feel that Nets were playing their best basketball when Harden was playing.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Does anyone know when Harden is supposed to come back? I feel that Nets were playing their best basketball when Harden was playing.
I don't think he'll play in the reminder of the regular season.

Nets life, each superstar gets to take a break and be ready for the playoffs.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I don't think he'll play in the reminder of the regular season.

Nets life, each superstar gets to take a break and be ready for the playoffs.
No idea what the story is with Harden but it seems pretty clear that’s what they did with KD through the season.

And agree, their best spell this season was with Harden + Kyrie both fit. Though we haven’t seen a prolonged period of Harden and KD both in the team together. Hope they can work it out in the play-offs I guess. :nervous:

Donut

Doncic deserves to be in the first 5, he runs the best (?) offense in the league.

elmo

No idea what the story is with Harden but it seems pretty clear that’s what they did with KD through the season.

And agree, their best spell this season was with Harden + Kyrie both fit. Though we haven’t seen a prolonged period of Harden and KD both in the team together. Hope they can work it out in the play-offs I guess. :nervous:
KD's role would be the same as it was in the Warriors.

Scoring whenever he gets the ball.

R'hllor

Jokic 24pts vs Knicks in 1st quarter, dunno what the plan was there for Knicks.

elmo

Got blown out by the Hawks.

We seriously need to close off opponents in normal time. Second time we got blown out this month after a back to back game where we played OT in the day before.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Scott Brooks is a terrible coach. Wizards up by three, 8.3 seconds to go, Raptors no time outs. Foul, foul, foul, did I say foul. Put the Raps on the line for 2 free throws. But no, Scotty decides no foul and Fred van Vleet hits a 3 with 1.3 seconds left on the clock to send it into OT.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Guess what? Same situation in OT except 7.3 seconds instead of 8.3 and lo and behold this time the Wizards foul and even though van Vleet made the two free throws, Wizards still up by one and go on to win.

Well done Scotty.

ZDwyr

It'd be between him and Walton for worst coach in the league. Brooks probably edges it for being mediocre/bad for longer.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Scott Brooks is a terrible coach. Wizards up by three, 8.3 seconds to go, Raptors no time outs. Foul, foul, foul, did I say foul. Put the Raps on the line for 2 free throws. But no, Scotty decides no foul and Fred van Vleet hits a 3 with 1.3 seconds left on the clock to send it into OT.
Yeah, quite bizarre.

It'd be between him and Walton for worst coach in the league. Brooks probably edges it for being mediocre/bad for longer.
Walton being a coach is such a mind boggling decision by the Kings....

On a different note, the Knicks are fifth in the East. Quite an impressive achievement if they manage to hold the spot. I did not expect them to do that well.

ThierryHenry

Watching the Nets this season, it’s clear that Harden is better than KD. Not as strong of a shooter but does so much more for the team, can run the whole attack and make all of the role players the best versions of themselves.

Without Harden currently, they’re therefore not looking great. And then, given how little we’ve seen of the big three together it’s really difficult to have that much conviction in how they’ll do in the play-offs. If the run to the finals is Heat, Bucks, 76ers, I think there’s less than a 50% chance they make it.

elmo

Lakers without LeBron is basically AD's Pelicans all over.

A crap team that will get wrecked in the first round if they make the playoffs.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Lakers without LeBron is basically AD's Pelicans all over.

A crap team that will get wrecked in the first round if they make the playoffs.
The team was built for LeBron. Who is supposed to handle playmaking without him on the floor? Last year they had Rondo who could do it at a very high level but outside of it, it's a team of defenders and grinders.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Probably, since it's technically not the playoffs yet.
I thought that too, but I remember in one of the Dubs games a commentator pointing out how both David Robinson and George Gervin had scored 71 and 63 respectively in the late game on the last day of the season to beat out Shaq and David Thompson. He believed that Curry should have an advantage over Beal because he also had the late game on the final day (vs Grizzlies) and could therefore respond to anything Bradley Beal put up.

So was it an assumption by the commentator that the play in games don't count or did he know it for a fact or (most likely) was he just out and out wrong? Hence the question.

Last edited:

elmo

I thought that too, but I remember in one of the Dubs games a commentator pointing out how both David Robinson and George Gervin had scored 71 and 63 respectively in the late game on the last day of the season to beat out Shaq and David Thompson. He believed therefore that Curry should have an advantage over Beal because he also had the late game on the final day (vs Grizzlies) and could therefore respond to anything Bradley Beal put up. If the play in games count then that late game for Curry makes no difference because there's still more games to come. So was it an assumption by the TV guy that the play in games don't count or did he actually know it for a fact or (most likely) was he just out and out wrong? Hence the question.
Washington's timezone is ahead, so it probably stays the same even for the play-ins is my best guess.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Washington's timezone is ahead, so it probably stays the same even for the play-ins is my best guess.
Just found the answer from a Marc Stein tweet. Play in stats will not count for either the regular season or playoffs. They will be their own separate entity. It turns out that wonderfully knowledgeable TV guy was correct.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Love watching the Wizards. Russ might pad his stats a bit and Beal might take a ton of shots but outside of Steph and possibly the Phoenix Suns they are the best show in town.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I'm getting like Steve Kerr. I just don't know what to say about Steph Curry anymore. The guy is freaking amazing - 49 in three quarters and then sits for the 4th.

elmo

I'm getting like Steve Kerr. I just don't know what to say about Steph Curry anymore. The guy is freaking amazing - 49 in three quarters and then sits for the 4th.
One of the best player in history and his ego is practically non-existent.

Have no idea how people can hate someone like him.

Zen

Well they'll be people who will hate him just because of the shirt he's wearing, but no.

elmo

Do people hate Steph?
At the Warriors peak, people were hating on him for being arrogant because of how far he shot, nevermind the fact that he makes them better than most people shoot normal 3s.

Shit, people hate on how he chews his mouthguard as well for some weird reason.

Zen

Those people are a tremendous minority. I don't consider that hate... like at all, they probably think air is overrated.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Anthony Edwards is quickly becoming one of my favourite players on and off the court :cool:

JPRouve

Scout
Anthony Edwards is quickly becoming one of my favourite players on and off the court :cool:
He is to fun watch, fun to listen and he has improved every months. He started the season as a very raw player and will finish it as a crafty offensive player.
I was looking at his DARKO box dpm progression and he is on Lebron James trajectory, as was Lamelo Ball before his injury. And to think that it was a weak top end draft.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I knew the game had changed a lot these last few years but I really didn't realize how much. I was reading an article the other day about how Duncan Robinson was the fastest to 500 three pointers so I thought I'd take a look at his overall stats. I was amazed. It turns out he has taken 581 3 pointers this season (40.8%) but less than 100 2s. (99 at 62.6%). As I said, I knew the game had changed but damn. Didn't expect that!

elmo

I knew the game had changed a lot these last few years but I really didn't realize how much. I was reading an article the other day about how Duncan Robinson was the fastest to 500 three pointers so I thought I'd take a look at his overall stats. I was amazed. It turns out he has taken 581 3 pointers this season (40.8%) but less than 100 2s. (99 at 62.6%). As I said, I knew the game had changed but damn. Didn't expect that!
7SOL Suns were the fastest in pace during their time, but would be one of the slowest in the league right now.

Imagine how good Nash would be in today's game and pace :drool:

JPRouve

Scout
If you want a particularly ridiculou stat. As a rookie Steph Curry averaged 4.8 three points attempts per game, Anthony Edwards averages 7.2 three points attempts per game. Curry and analytics changed basketball drastically in the last decade.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
At the Warriors peak, people were hating on him for being arrogant because of how far he shot, nevermind the fact that he makes them better than most people shoot normal 3s.

Shit, people hate on how he chews his mouthguard as well for some weird reason.
It's the shimmys :lol:

But he's a very down to earth guy. Look at how he accommodated KD in GS. Have not heard a teammate (or even opponent) say a bad word about him.

ThierryHenry

Watched the last two Lakers games. Great news for the playoffs, AD is back. A first round series vs. the Clippers would be :drool: