NBA 2020-2021

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Because AD doesn't want to play at the 5 in the normal season.
It's part of load management too. AD isn't the heavyest/strongest guy around and has a history of injuries, having him bang his body with behemoths like Jokic/Embiid for 70/80+ games is just not good strategy for the playoffs

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I got you that extensive list of amazing NBA games and series, and this is how you repay me? :(
:lol: Sorry Robin.
Because AD doesn't want to play at the 5 in the normal season.
Then why get all of Drummond, Gasol and Harrell? You don't need all of them - Harrell in particular looks like he isn't trusted for any of the play-off match-ups too.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
It's part of load management too. AD isn't the heavyest/strongest guy around and has a history of injuries, having him bang his body with behemoths like Jokic/Embiid for 70/80+ games is just not good strategy for the playoffs
And the biggest reason is that he's has one of the lowest pain tolerance in the league.

He makes it seem like he just suffered from a career ending injury every single time he twists his ankle.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
:lol: Sorry Robin.

Then why get all of Drummond, Gasol and Harrell? You don't need all of them - Harrell in particular looks like he isn't trusted for any of the play-off match-ups too.
Gasol will be playing 25 mins and above if Vogel wants to win.

They signed Harrell in the off-season not realizing he's unplayable when he's being a nutcase and Drummond was signed just to stop the Nets from getting him and to force KD to play at the 4/5 instead.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I see the NBA announced the finalists for their awards yesterday. For anyone who hasn't seen them, here they are (in alphabetical order).

MVP

Steph Curry
Joel Embiid
Nikola Jokic

ROY

LaMelo Ball
Anthony Edwards
Tyrese Haliburton

COTY

Quin Snyder
Tom Thibodeau
Monty Williams

DPOTY

Rudy Gobert
Draymond Green
Ben Simmons

6MOTY

Jordan Clarkson
Joe Ingles
Derrick Rose

MIP

Jerami Grant
Michael Porter
Julius Randle

SinNombre

Warriors lacking the intensity of the Lakers match so far though Steph is still on fire.

mav_9me

That air ball by Wiggins tells you everything you need to know about this warriors team.

Not expecting Utah vs grizzlies to be fun. Correct me if I'm wrong. Haven't seen that much NBA so far this year.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Said it after the Lakers game that the classic end to Warriors 20-21 would be a loss to the Grizzlies. Absolutely disgusting performance with so many mistakes & bricks . All season long this team was the dumbest team in basketball and they did it again

SinNombre

Well feck. Good game Grizzlies.
Wiggins and co were quite bad after a stellar night against the Lakers. Bad on the defensive rebounds and missing open looks all night.

Oh well. If the Warriors are lucky, they could end up with 2 top-5 picks.

Charlie Foley

Wiggins and co were quite bad after a stellar night against the Lakers. Bad on the defensive rebounds and missing open looks all night.

Better team won. I thought Draymond should have won it at the end of normal time, but we got a lucky call with that Poole foul so whatever. Weird season, I really like this team but a frustrating season in the end. Lakers loss was more frustrating as there was a sense of unfairness with some of the bad calls whereas tonight we just weren’t good enough.

Hopefully Klay is healthy and good to go next year. And Wiseman can develop

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I'm glad most of us can join forces in hating the Clippers and hoping they crash out of the playoffs at the earliest possibility. It's an annual event I don't wanna see ended anytime soon.
Am with you. And I kind of liked them when they put this team together.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
So, who to support now. I can't pull for Lebron. It would make my stomach turn having to watch the Nick Wrights and Max Kellermans of this world with their "I told you so attitude." I can't pull for the Nets since apart from Joe Harris I'm not sure there is a likeable player on the entire roster and even if there is, there is just too much "assholeness" (if there is such a word) on the rest of the team. Bucks? Giannis is ok. They're in the mix. Sixers? Take or leave Ben Simmons but I like Joel Embiid and Seth's a good shooter, so they're a possible too. Clippers? No! Utah? Not really. Phoenix? If I really thought they could win it all they'd be a good choice but I fear pulling for the Suns would be a short term thing so unfortunately they're a no too. Blazers and Nuggets - less chance than the Suns so another no. I think it comes down to the Sixers and the Bucks. Now that I think about it, there is not an unreasonable possibility that the Bucks could lose to the Heat, so Sixers it is.

Damn good team those Sixers. Always liked 'em. :cool:;)

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

What impact players are in this year's draft?

Would GS be better off packaging the picks for a player or two?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I've been on the fence about Dillon Brooks but if he can maintain this level of defensive intensity I'll keep him. Streaky shooter but when it's going he's a valuable second option.

It's frustrating to see JJJ continuing to draw fouls.

If we take 1-2 games off Utah that'll be success. Anything past that is a bonus.

Charlie Foley

So, who to support now. I can't pull for Lebron. It would make my stomach turn having to watch the Nick Wrights and Max Kellermans of this world of this world with their "I told you so attitude." I can't pull for the Nets since apart from Joe Harris I'm not sure there is a likeable player on the entire roster and even if there is, there is just too much "assholeness" (if there is such a word) on the rest of the team. Bucks? Giannis is ok. They're in the mix. Sixers? Take or leave Ben Simmons but I like Joel Embiid and Seth's a good shooter, so they're a possible too. Clippers? No! Utah? Not really. Phoenix? If I really thought they could win it all they'd be a good choice but I fear pulling for the Suns would be a short term thing so unfortunately they're a no too. Blazers and Nuggets - less chance than the Suns so another no. I think it comes down to the Sixers and the Bucks. Trouble is, there is not an unreasonable possibility that the Bucks could lose to the Heat, so Sixers it is.

I lived in Philly for two years so I can get behind this!

ThierryHenry

Philly vs. Wizards
Nets vs. Celtics
Bucks vs. Heat
Knicks vs. Hawks

Jazz
vs. Grizzlies
Suns vs. Lakers
Nuggets
vs. Portland
Clippers vs. Mavs

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Philly vs. Wizards
Nets vs. Celtics
Bucks vs. Heat
Knicks vs. Hawks

Jazz
vs. Grizzlies
Suns vs. Lakers
Nuggets
vs. Portland
Clippers vs. Mavs
I'd go with all your picks except I'll take the Blazers over the Nuggets.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Better team won. I thought Draymond should have won it at the end of normal time ...
The more I see that why the hell didn't he go to the basket and just dunk the freaking thing instead of that half assed floater he put up?

But I'm not a bad loser, oh no, not me, definitely not.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Have a feeling Miami will win this series.

Sandyman

So, who to support now. I can't pull for Lebron. It would make my stomach turn having to watch the Nick Wrights and Max Kellermans of this world with their "I told you so attitude." I can't pull for the Nets since apart from Joe Harris I'm not sure there is a likeable player on the entire roster and even if there is, there is just too much "assholeness" (if there is such a word) on the rest of the team. Bucks? Giannis is ok. They're in the mix. Sixers? Take or leave Ben Simmons but I like Joel Embiid and Seth's a good shooter, so they're a possible too. Clippers? No! Utah? Not really. Phoenix? If I really thought they could win it all they'd be a good choice but I fear pulling for the Suns would be a short term thing so unfortunately they're a no too. Blazers and Nuggets - less chance than the Suns so another no. I think it comes down to the Sixers and the Bucks. Now that I think about it, there is not an unreasonable possibility that the Bucks could lose to the Heat, so Sixers it is.

Welcome aboard! Need more posters to hype up the Sixers. Helps that they have your favourite player's brother playing for them eh :D

I lived in Philly for two years so I can get behind this!
You too Charlie!

ThierryHenry

This one is going to be a fun series.
Will be close but I think the Bucks look the better team. Would be significantly ahead if the 3PT shooting had been more ‘normal’ from either team. Bucks are 18% from 3 vs. 40% from the Heat.

Zen

Surely the Bucks gotta win this OT - otherwise it's rent free for the Heat.

TheBest

SPNTBP
The biggest issue for bucks is that their superstar isnt really a superstar. Atleast in the playoffs.