NBA 2020-2021

ZDwyr

The only comparable performance is Lebron 2018 Game 1 against the Warriors I think. Or Lebron against the Celtics. Durant was probably statistically more impressive but LeBron was basically solo against the best greatest team of all time and still put up absurd numbers in a game the Cavs should have won. fecking JR smith

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Giannis looks like he‘s not even getting coached.

Revan

Assumptionman
I wonder Bucks' coach thinking in the last quarter. Nets are essentially just leaving KD to do his magic, and he is murdering Bucks (he scored only 1 point less than the entire Bucks team in the last quarter). He has the best perimeter defender in the league, and still refuses to put him on Durant. While Tucker and Middleton are very good defenders on their own (and Tucker always make it hard for Durant), I do not understand why he did not put Giannis on Durant in that last quarter.

Revan

Assumptionman
WOW, what a game. Surely it's dangerous to play the stars for that long?!
It definitely is, but they had no choice. Lose this game, and they are probably out.

I wonder how does Nash plays this for the next game. Go full strength (many minutes for Durant, play Harden), or give the game while mostly resting KD and Harden for the last game. I do not think it is sustainable to play KD for the entire game again. If they win, it would be good, but if they lose, he will be gased for the final game.

Btw, is this the best return someone has done in the history of the NBA after an achilles tendinitis?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
KD turned into a god. Unreal

And yeah, Bud needs to go. He needed to go last season, but here we are

You just cannot let one player beat you like this, no matter how great he is, particularly when you were leading by double digits for most of it

If Harden gets to 80% fitness between now and game 7 the bucks are done. Or if Irving comes back

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

So unlucky. Hopefully the other series goes to 7 and he's back before Game 1 of the conference finals.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The universe doesn't want CP3 to play in in the WCF :lol:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Kawhi told his teammates he probably won't be fit for game 5.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He's not. There is no reason why he should be taking 3s. Under the likes of a Pop or Spoelstra he would have developed his post game more.
Not only is he not developing his game, he seems to be regressing in certain aspects of it. And whoever is trying to teach him how to shoot free throws, needs to get fired asap. His motion would probably be better if he looked at some Youtube tutorials instead of listening to his coaching staff.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Kawhi and CP3 out with injuries. This was bound to happen with so little rest and so many games. Sucks to see so many stars out. League should just shorten the season and stop putting money above the players health and the product.

edcunited1878

CP3 is in Covid protocol...he's either tested positive or been in close contact with an individual who has tested positive. Not known if CP3 has been vaccinated. If he has, he would be in isolation for a shorter period.

Western Conference Finals is scheduled for Tuesday next week, so he still has time to test back-to-back negative tests and pass all the protocols to be fully integrated into the team.

Zen

These modern players made of glass. Pff. Jordan would never...

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Sorry I thought it was an injury. Covid protocol is unfortunate but reckon he will play.

sport2793

CP3 is in Covid protocol...he's either tested positive or been in close contact with an individual who has tested positive. Not known if CP3 has been vaccinated. If he has, he would be in isolation for a shorter period.

Western Conference Finals is scheduled for Tuesday next week, so he still has time to test back-to-back negative tests and pass all the protocols to be fully integrated into the team.
It's been reported by a reliable local reporter that he has been vaccinated.

sport2793

Now the same reporter is reporting that CP3 is in protocols because he tested positive for COVID, which tells me that he may be asymptomatic. If so, this may not end up being a big deal.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Donnie Nelson left the mavs

Luka to the lakers when? :D

Won't repeat myself about the injuries

Honestly, nba should just play a 58 games RS. Play every 3 days, increased importance and quality of the games, might offset the loss of money from the reduced number. And reduce the risk of injuries plus players fitter for the playoffs

edcunited1878

Donnie Nelson left the mavs

Luka to the lakers when? :D

Won't repeat myself about the injuries

Honestly, nba should just play a 58 games RS. Play every 3 days, increased importance and quality of the games, might offset the loss of money from the reduced number. And reduce the risk of injuries plus players fitter for the playoffs
There was a rumor that stated Luka has some issues with an executive in Dallas (maybe it is Donnie?!), and that some front office people were worried that Luka might not sign his max extension because of this person....guess he doesn't have to worry about that anymore!

NBA can't play further games, just not financially feasible anymore. No looking back. Would rather see 72 game schedule, no back to backs, and a larger NBA playoffs similar to this year.

But also, the NBA has spoken about having an in-season tournament like The FA Cup or domestic cup competition, similar to club/domestic football. NBA complains about teams not fielding their stars because of DNP/rest, yet it's a very star driven game, which drives TV audience/fans, then wonder why the stars are breaking down. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Needs to be some serious compromises, but not going to happen due to money mentality of the league and players.

Zen

Why would anyone want a larger playoffs? It's brutal enough that half the teams make it... at some point we might as well reverse it all to have a playoffs to eliminate a few teams then a league where the winners the winner.

I have no real opinion on season length, but it's almost assuredly gonna be requested to be shortened in the next strike, but it comes at a massive financial cost.... plus the history chasers won't like it, LeBron is probably all for it.... the season after he retires for instance.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The only comparable performance is Lebron 2018 Game 1 against the Warriors I think. Or Lebron against the Celtics. Durant was probably statistically more impressive but LeBron was basically solo against the best greatest team of all time and still put up absurd numbers in a game the Cavs should have won. fecking JR smith
https://www.nba.com/top-nba-finals-moments-magic-johnson-center-game-6-1980-finals

Title clincher: 42 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals, 14-23 FG, 14-14 FT. In 47 minutes. At Center. On the Road. With Kareem injured. As a rookie point guard.

Kearnkoff69

This has been the postseason of spectacular collapses. It's like the Sixers watched Milwaukee's second half meltdown yesterday and said "hold my beer."

Sandyman

This is a bottle job of epic proportions by the Sixers. The mentality is still lacking.

Think apart from game 1, we have always had a huge lead at some point in all the other games. Yet trail 3-2 in the series! From almost clawing back the huge deficit in game 1 to blowing 18+ leads in the last 2 games, it's been an incredible turnaround.

R'hllor

What the feck was that Christ almighty, Embiid from 8/8 to 12/20, cant miss a FT and then he chokes on last two, he aint a kid either nor he was in front of 25k hostile fans, he had a 2nd scorer next to him tonight but rest were just awful, BS cant score a FT to save his life.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
This is a bottle job of epic proportions by the Sixers. The mentality is still lacking.

Think apart from game 1, we have always had a huge lead at some point in all the other games. Yet trail 3-2 in the series! From almost clawing back the huge deficit in game 1 to blowing 18+ leads in the last 2 games, it's been an incredible turnaround.
Damn, my boy Seth is playing lights out and the Sixers are still down.

edcunited1878

I missed the second half and dammit...that was crazy!! For a team to do that, at home, is unheard of.

We've seen a lot of comebacks and attempted comebacks thwarted by a common theme...poor guard play and a lack of shooting.

Gotta be able to play a 1v1 or 2 man game and score via shooting. That includes making free throws down the stretch and in general (Ben Simmons). CP3 has made a difference, Mitchell (maybe not tonight?), Trae Young, Kyrie before injury.

reelworld

fecking hell, first Bucks and now Sixers?? :lol:

Rivers had a previous with Clippers last season, that's also an epic bottle job against Nuggets. Bud is just an awful coach for the playoffs.