NBA 2020-2021

mav_9me

Jeff van Gundy was right about the out of bounds ball call against booker... Every defensive poke causes the ball to go out like that... Wrong call that

edcunited1878

A physical game that ended on a physical last second play. Didn't have an issue with the refs. Some interesting changes ahead where the players should stay on the court when refs reviewing calls inside 2 minutes when your teams has no timeouts.

Fun game and another close game!

edcunited1878

Jeff van Gundy was right about the out of bounds ball call against booker... Every defensive poke causes the ball to go out like that... Wrong call that
It was a technicality that he agrees is the correct call, but the refs allow that to happen throughout the game like carrying and traveling.

Beverley swipped across and up, the ball sticks to Booker's hand and he dribbles it out.

mav_9me

It was a technicality that he agrees is the correct call, but the refs allow that to happen throughout the game like carrying and traveling.

Beverley swipped across and up, the ball sticks to Booker's hand and he dribbles it out.
Exactly the point. If you replayed most of those similar plays you'll find the actual last touch goes off the handler no? Have to change for all those similar plays

edcunited1878

Exactly the point. If you replayed most of those similar plays you'll find the actual last touch goes off the handler no? Have to change for all those similar plays
Not always, this one was much clearer. But they shouldn't be reviewing everything, yet it's the rule. The ending of the game was like an NFL game...last 2 game minutes took 27 actual minutes. But the payoff is that the correct calls were made, technicalities and all.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
did PG miss two fts at the end?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Is there anyone more unlikeable than that absolute cnut of a Patrick Beverly? You'd root against the Clippers just because of him.

sport2793

Is there anyone more unlikeable than that absolute cnut of a Patrick Beverly? You'd root against the Clippers just because of him.
Can't stand the player, he totally sold that offensive foul on Booker near the end, really cowardly stuff.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Pain. Nothing but pain.

Also, Cleveland must be one of the luckiest franchises in history.
Wow this sucks for OKC. In a draft where top 5 players are clearly separated from the rest, to get the no. 6 while having two shots at it (with Houston pick) must hurt.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
That buzzer beater was as much about Crowder's incredible pass as it was about Ayton's dunk.
Get fecked, Pat Bev!
It was a team effort, Mikal and Cam decoy along with the Booker screen got Ayton open to catch Jae's lob. It was straight out of Triano's playbook that we did a few years back.

It was why Booker was so sure the basket would stand when the Clippers were saying it's offensive goaltending.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm still gutted about Nets. Really thought it was our year but cruel luck with injuries killed our hopes in the end. Still a great season though.

The Suns have looked good. Not shocked at all they are 2 up.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I'm still gutted about Nets. Really thought it was our year but cruel luck with injuries killed our hopes in the end. Still a great season though.

The Suns have looked good. Not shocked at all they are 2 up.
I'd be lying if I said that I don't feel a tremendous amount of schadenfreude.

reelworld

Get the feck in!
it's the same exact play from Jay Triano playbook that got Suns a win against Memphis.
Rondo was trying to tell the refs that it shouldn't count but Booker wasn't having it :lol:

But the star of the game surely Paul George. Got the best opportunity to iced the game, he failed massively.

ZDwyr

Wow this sucks for OKC. In a draft where top 5 players are clearly separated from the rest, to get the no. 6 while having two shots at it (with Houston pick) must hurt.
Yep. We had a 76% chance at landing a top 5 pick but didn't. I'm trying to get excited about Scottie Barnes but meh. Hoping for some Presti magic either by trading up somehow or nailing the pick and landing a future star.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yep. We had a 76% chance at landing a top 5 pick but didn't. I'm trying to get excited about Scottie Barnes but meh. Hoping for some Presti magic either by trading up somehow or nailing the pick and landing a future star.
6-10 range is usually more of a rotational piece than a fundamental star but then again lots of players in that range have turned out better than many ahead of them recently, eg Donovan Mitchell. You also got two more first round picks in the mid-range from Boston and Miami which will be important. It would have been nice to get Cade but it’s not the end of the world I guess. Being good with picks is sometimes more important than having high picks, vide Atlanta who basically nailed all of their picks in the last 4 years except maybe Reddish (not like the list of remaining talent was that strong anyway and he was the right choice). Trae, Hunter were great top 5 but not top 3 picks, Huerter and Collins both at 19 I think completely nailed.

Still you could have easily had a top 3 pick AND no. 6 that you have but coming from Houston rather than your own, so it was still a terrible night. Basically the worst possible outcome you could have had, I think.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
All time game winner that

Class of '18 looked insane going in and 3 years later it's looking significantly more insane than previously thought :lol:

Kangz :lol::lol::lol:

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München

Class of '18 looked insane going in and 3 years later it's looking significantly more insane than previously thought :lol:

Now lets see how much the Mavs can feck up after landing Luka.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
But the star of the game surely Paul George. Got the best opportunity to iced the game, he failed massively.
I bet Ben Simmons is thanking God for Paul George cause it's definitely gotten him out of the firing line.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Bucks minus 7.5 with the bookies. I expect them to win but this should be a close series.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Trae having a great game. Gotta wonder if the bucks can keep up with Atlantas shooting. As I say that Holiday drops a 3 and Tucker misses a free layup

ZDwyr

If Atlanta could find a way to not be absolutely horrendous when Trae is off the court they'd be a very good team.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

To be fair to the Kings, JJJ still looks like he's going to either foul out or get injured every single time he plays.