NBA 2021-2022

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Kareem is one of the most interesting men in all of sports. He's smart, erudite, well spoken, knowledgeable about numerous subjects, and an excellent writer and speaker.

Compared with a lot of the idiots that we have to listen to today, Kareem is top notch.

I think a lot of folks on here are mixing up the words "interesting" and "controversial." Kareem just did his job, won titles and moved on.
Perhaps entertaining is closer to what I was getting at. He seemed nerdy compared to Magic, who I loved.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
There is one. Who do you leave out? But yeah he is in the same tier as those players. He is definitely ahead of durant though. I remember watching those kd warriors final, cavs were terrified of him and the entire defensive plan was focused on him. Dont think durant has done anything in the post season which can compare to all time greats. Maybe his last season run was the most impressive.
That's tough yeah, I'd say Russell or Wilt but totally subjective since I haven't seen them play. Maybe Robertson since he was just a gifted freak of nature compared to the other players in the NBA back then, but sama argument here is that I obviously didn't watch him play. There's also arguments to be made that Curry should be higher than guys like Duncan, Shaq or Kobe (but counter-arguments as well, e.g. Shaq is the most dominant player in history imo and Kobe was the face of the NBA for a long time whereas Curry never has been, also greatest Laker of all time imo (and Magic and Shaq agree with that) which is saying something for such a franchise).

It's too damn hard to make a right order in an all-time list. You have to be truly special to be a surefire top-10 pick but imo Curry is that. What he does offensively is mind-blowing and "never even remotely seen something like that before" territory. He blows guys like Ray Allen and Reggie Miller out of the water who were considered among the greatest shooters of all-time before he came around. Couple that to his accolades, achievements, and not only his influence on the NBA game but the game in general, kids in gyms everywhere influenced by him and his game, taking more shots, thinking they can be like Curry, he has a legacy that far surpasses the one like Durant (even though Durant may be a superior basketball force) and no one can convince me otherwise.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
wood from rockets any good? apparently on his way to dallas

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I think he really jumped a level a season ago but he has injury problems. Definitely a good trade though in my opinion, a big center who also has scoring ability for players who were deep in rotation and not having much of a role. Don't know much about his defensive ability though.

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Surprised it took so little to acquire him. He’s a good player and should be able to play well with Luka. 26th pick is really a nothing price too and the assets they added were basically just for salary matching purposes as none of those players had a role in Mavs roster.

He’s basically one of those centers that should get you 20 & 10 while playing respectable (though not great) defense when he can be bothered to put in effort. For the price it’s worth it.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Hoping we can force a game 7 and have the end every neutral fan (and the NBA :devil:) wants!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think he really jumped a level a season ago but he has injury problems. Definitely a good trade though in my opinion, a big center who also has scoring ability for players who were deep in rotation and not having much of a role. Don't know much about his defensive ability though.
Not great on defence, bordering on really bad actually but he's a reliable 20 points a night kind of guy. We had no real use for him in Houston as he was just getting in the way of the development of the team and he needs to be on a potential contender not on a rebuilding team. His attitude and application is uhm ... questionable shall we say? But he was on a team that was losing every night, so I guess the hope is he can be a bit more 'locked in' with the team that has something to play for.

Another thing is, when the Rockets cleared house and traded away Harden and Russ, he became the best player on the team overnight and I don't think that suited him. He needs to be 2nd or 3rd guy on a team not the leader.

Wish him all the best, but I won't lie I'm so glad to see the back of him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I hope we package that 26th pick with the 17th pick and trade into the top 10 if that's possible.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Hoping we can force a game 7 and have the end every neutral fan (and the NBA :devil:) wants!
No one likes the Celtics mate.

I thought I was over it but now that I've followed them closely in a series I've really taken a dislike to the franchise again :lol:

mav_9me

That's tough yeah, I'd say Russell or Wilt but totally subjective since I haven't seen them play. Maybe Robertson since he was just a gifted freak of nature compared to the other players in the NBA back then, but sama argument here is that I obviously didn't watch him play. There's also arguments to be made that Curry should be higher than guys like Duncan, Shaq or Kobe (but counter-arguments as well, e.g. Shaq is the most dominant player in history imo and Kobe was the face of the NBA for a long time whereas Curry never has been, also greatest Laker of all time imo (and Magic and Shaq agree with that) which is saying something for such a franchise).

It's too damn hard to make a right order in an all-time list. You have to be truly special to be a surefire top-10 pick but imo Curry is that. What he does offensively is mind-blowing and "never even remotely seen something like that before" territory. He blows guys like Ray Allen and Reggie Miller out of the water who were considered among the greatest shooters of all-time before he came around. Couple that to his accolades, achievements, and not only his influence on the NBA game but the game in general, kids in gyms everywhere influenced by him and his game, taking more shots, thinking they can be like Curry, he has a legacy that far surpasses the one like Durant (even though Durant may be a superior basketball force) and no one can convince me otherwise.
That's the thing. Durant isn't. He is a superior scorer for sure. But given it's a team sport Curry is the superior basketball force, as he elevates the teams performance and is by far the superior leader.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That's the thing. Durant isn't. He is a superior scorer for sure. But given it's a team sport Curry is the superior basketball force, as he elevates the teams performance and is by far the superior leader.
Well yeah I agree with that. I rather meant, if I have to pick someone 1v1 to save my life, or to score a game-winner, I'd probably pick Durant over Curry. But like you say, in isolation that doesn't mean much with basketball being a team sport and I fully agree with that.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Well yeah I agree with that. I rather meant, if I have to pick someone 1v1 to save my life, or to score a game-winner, I'd probably pick Durant over Curry. But like you say, in isolation that doesn't mean much with basketball being a team sport and I fully agree with that.
Not to sound cliche-ish, but the greatest players had/have the ability to take over the game when the team play breaks down or is stifled.

Steph is definitely one of the best players in the sport and his impact on team play is undeniable. Is he a superior basketball force to MJ? Maybe, technically, but you'd get laughed out of most basketball conversations for saying that. The iso play remains a hallowed part of the game and Durant is excellent than that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not to sound cliche-ish, but the greatest players had/have the ability to take over the game when the team play breaks down or is stifled.

Steph is definitely one of the best players in the sport and his impact on team play is undeniable. Is he a superior basketball force to MJ? Maybe, technically, but you'd get laughed out of most basketball conversations for saying that. The iso play remains a hallowed part of the game and Durant is excellent than that.
I don't follow your answer. You wouldn't pick Curry over Jordan but what about Durant and Curry?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Also agreed but it's not like Curry's iso play is non-existant - his 3-point threat compared with his ball handling skills make him more than capable enough to beat his man. Not to the extent Durant can perhaps, but the rest of his offensive game more than makes up for it to put him above Durant imo.

There's basically no one I'd pick over Jordan for a 1v1. Perhaps someone like O'Neil, but Jordan would also score at will against him. Shaq's comments about Curry were absolutely laughable last week, something along the lines of "we would've let him drive and I would've laid his ass out a few times". Yeah, as if Allen Iverson didn't have you on skates in his prime, silly man.

adexkola

Supports
I don't follow your answer. You wouldn't pick Curry over Jordan but what about Durant and Curry?
So what I meant to say is that facilitating team play is only 1 facet of what makes a player great. Jordan didn't have the gravity of Curry but that doesn't matter.

As to Durant vs Curry, it's a tough one for me. Both have about the same number of 1st team/2nd team appearances. Durant has 1 MVP and 1 or 2 runner ups. Curry has 2 MVPs (1 being unanimous). Both have outstanding playoff runs. Both blew 3-1 leads :D

I'd have Curry a tad bit higher than Durant solely because I remember the insane level he hit during his MVP seasons. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. But it's not clearcut.

Also agreed but it's not like Curry's iso play is non-existant - his 3-point threat compared with his ball handling skills make him more than capable enough to beat his man. Not to the extent Durant can perhaps, but the rest of his offensive game more than makes up for it to put him above Durant imo.

There's basically no one I'd pick over Jordan for a 1v1. Perhaps someone like O'Neil, but Jordan would also score at will against him. Shaq's comments about Curry were absolutely laughable last week, something along the lines of "we would've let him drive and I would've laid his ass out a few times". Yeah, as if Allen Iverson didn't have you on skates in his prime, silly man.
Absolutely, didn't mean to underrate Curry's iso ability. It's rarely displayed because of the way teams cover him, but he's no slouch in that department.

:lol: at Shaq. I'd love to see him out on the perimeter dancing while trying to defend Curry.

Moby

Dick

He really said that? :lol:

Shaq is genuinely dumb.

Sarni

I hope we package that 26th pick with the 17th pick and trade into the top 10 if that's possible.
I don’t think this will work. Maybe will get you like 12th pick.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
He really said that? :lol:

Shaq is genuinely dumb.

To be fair to him he also said Curry is already in his top 10:

I think Shaq is far from dumb, quite the opposite actually. He just has a really strong believe in himself and his own 00-02 Lakers team. Also on record that he's confident they could beat MJ's Bulls.

Moby

Dick

I think Shaq is far from dumb, quite the opposite actually. He just has a really strong believe in himself and his own 00-02 Lakers team. Also on record that he's confident they could beat MJ's Bulls.
Yeah, he's extremely arrogant to the point of utter delusion about both himself and his Lakers team. I've watched him talk for ages on TNT both for Inside the NBA and The Open Court, and that delusion makes him come up with a lot of dumb stuff. It's why he also gets super salty anytime someone tries to talk about him as anything less than superhuman. In general I don't really enjoy listening to him. It's either super obvious takes or just talking about himself, not much else.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
No one likes the Celtics mate.

I thought I was over it but now that I've followed them closely in a series I've really taken a dislike to the franchise again :lol:
:lol:

Speak for yourself. Apart from the Lakers, no other team in the league is as insufferable as the Celtics.
I wrote …neutral… indeed, which you clearly aren’t. :wenger:

adexkola

Supports
Yeah, he's extremely arrogant to the point of utter delusion about both himself and his Lakers team. I've watched him talk for ages on TNT both for Inside the NBA and The Open Court, and that delusion makes him come up with a lot of dumb stuff. It's why he also gets super salty anytime someone tries to talk about him as anything less than superhuman. In general I don't really enjoy listening to him. It's either super obvious takes or just talking about himself, not much else.
He's a great foil to Sir Charles on Inside the NBA

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Based on the situation with Klay and the long time general hatred for the Celtics, I think most neutrals want the Dubs to win.

JPRouve

Scout
Everytime he claims that coaches have no impact you have to cringe and also enjoy the fact that Chuck is going to clown him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t think this will work. Maybe will get you like 12th pick.
You're probably right. I'd love to make it out of this draft with Banchero and Tyty Washington. Don't know if we need to trade up to get Washington. He's projected to go anywhere between 10 and 20.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
You're probably right. I'd love to make it out of this draft with Banchero and Tyty Washington. Don't know if we need to trade up to get Washington. He's projected to go anywhere between 10 and 20.
Don't you think the Rockets are looking at Chet Holmgren instead of Banchero since they've just let Christian Wood go?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Don't you think the Rockets are looking at Chet Holmgren instead of Banchero since they've just let Christian Wood go?
Well we're picking at 3 so we kinda have to go with whoever is left on the board, but most places I look have Banchero going third. I think trading Wood signifies that Sengun will be the starting center next season.

Sarni

They are not choosing, they will get whoever is left of Holmgren, Banchero and Smith. Which is probably the best position to be in.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
They are not choosing, they will get whoever is left of Holmgren, Banchero and Smith. Which is probably the best position to be in.
I know they are picking 3rd, but there's usually some chatter about who is going to choose who. I was just wondering if the Rockets know something we don't.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I know they are picking 3rd, but there's usually some chatter about who is going to choose who. I was just wondering if the Rockets know something we don't.
Most of the chatter is Smith going to Orlando as the first overall pick. Holmgren to OKC and Banchero to Houston.

I think Houston are happy with either of the 3 to be honest. My guess is if we had the #1 pick we'd go with Holmgren or Smith but as it is, they'll likely be off the board by the time we're on the clock, and I'm pretty happy with the situation as it is.

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
It's interesting three 4s/5s at the top. Based on how the NFL works these days and recent drafts, the better player is likely one of the wings picked after them.

Beans

Supports
Neutral

The Bulls struggled to beat Utah, those Lakers wiped the floor with everyone.

adexkola

Supports
The Bulls struggled to beat Utah, those Lakers wiped the floor with everyone.
In the finals they did, but they faced really weak East Champions. In the WCF they had great battles with Portland and Sacramento. Their truly dominant run was the second championship, but the Bulls had that kind of run in the 72 win season, dropping 2 in the finals to a Seattle team that bettered the Philly team those Lakers dropped 1 to.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Lakers only dropped one game all playoffs that year, think it was the Iverson step over Lue game. I don’t think it’s outlandish one of those Lakers teams could/would beat MJ’s Bulls, especially with prime Shaq.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
In the finals they did, but they faced really weak East Champions. In the WCF they had great battles with Portland and Sacramento. Their truly dominant run was the second championship, but the Bulls had that kind of run in the 72 win season, dropping 2 in the finals to a Seattle team that bettered the Philly team those Lakers dropped 1 to.
Those Lakers teams did have great series with Sacramento, but they swept them in 2001, and only lost 1 game in the playoffs, to the Sixers in the finals.

The Bulls teams with Cartwright at center wouldn't have been able to deal with Shaq!

"
1. Lakers, 2001
Postseason record: 15-1

The 2001 Lakers’ championship run was one of the greatest postseason runs of all time. After all, the early 00s era is the peak of the Lakers dynasty. Having won three consecutive championships from 00-02, they cemented themselves as one of the best teams in NBA history.

The Lakers finished the regular season as a second seed in the West with a record of 56-26.

In the playoffs, they swept the Blazers, Kings, and Spurs. That’s right, they swept those three teams! The Blazers had Shawn Kemp and Scottie Pippen, the Kings had Chris Webber and Vlade Divac, and the Spurs had Tim Duncan and David Robinson. Those matchups were tough but the Lakers beat them all. They entered the NBA finals with a record of 11-0.

Entering their second straight NBA Finals, the Lakers faced Allen Iverson‘s 76ers. However, Iverson was not enough for the Lakers’ Kobe-Shaq duo. They owned the 76ers in a dominating fashion 4-1. If not for Iverson’s 48-point overtime performance in Game 1, the Lakers could’ve been undefeated in the postseason. Unreal."

https://franchisesports.co.uk/best-nba-playoff-performances/