NBA 2021-2022

ZDwyr

They really need to change the All-Star voting system. Fan vote has far too much weight. The fact that Andrew Wiggins is an All-Star starter...c'mon.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
They really need to change the All-Star voting system. Fan vote has far too much weight. The fact that Andrew Wiggins is an All-Star starter...c'mon.
Nah, doesn't really matter. The all star games is for the fans.

They just need to stop hyping the All Stars and making it part of the contract clauses to hit for the max though.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
A starter is pushing it but the Warriors have the second best record in the league, Steph is playing like he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat and Draymond has missed about 1/3 of the season. So somebody has been stepping up and that is Wiggs. Like I said, starter is pushing it but the fact is an all star is not unreasonable. I voted for him anyway. :)

ZDwyr

Nah, doesn't really matter. The all star games is for the fans.

They just need to stop hyping the All Stars and making it part of the contract clauses to hit for the max though.
Yes, make this change and reduce the significance of All-Star appearances in legacy discussions and I'm all for it not mattering. It does matter at the moment because of these things though.

A starter is pushing it but the Warriors have the second best record in the league, Steph is playing like he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat and Draymond has missed about 1/3 of the season. So somebody has been stepping up and that is Wiggs. Like I said, starter is pushing it but the fact is an all star is not unreasonable. I voted for him anyway. :)
I have no issue with him being on the team, but he shouldn't be a starter. The fan vote carries way too much weight and obviously favours players in large markets.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Meanwhile the team with the best record has 0.

Can't believe Ja and Steph got the nod ahead of CP3 and Booker.

Going to be dumb if they leave Booker out as an All Star again this year and make him an injury replacement like tradition.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Meanwhile the team with the best record has 0.

Can't believe Ja and Steph got the nod ahead of CP3 and Booker.

Going to be dumb if they leave Booker out as an All Star again this year and make him an injury replacement like tradition.
Steph was always going to be a starter even though he probably doesn't deserve it. I would also take Ja over Chris Paul because the all star game is all about excitement and Ja is just more fun to watch than CP3. For the same reason though I would have had Booker as a starter over Wiggins and and then Wiggs and CP3 as reserves.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Good win tonight, but more importantly Stephen Curry played more like what we've grown to expect from him. It's only 1 game but hopefully this is the beginning of a return to his old self.

Last edited:

Charlie Foley

Good win tonight, but more importantly Stephen Curry played more like what we've grown to expect from him. It's only 1 game but hopefully this is the beginning of a return to his old self.
Yes. He shot much better tonight. That turnaround 3 over Edwards was classic Steph.
Steph and Klay hitting back to back 3s in the 4th to push us out to I think an 11 point lead…beautiful.

Wolves have some really nice players.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Need a three to win? Give it to Westbrick. I'd fire Vogel on the spot after that play call.

reelworld

the Suns is my salvation in my sport fandom. With all the shits that's been going around United all this time, it's refreshing to support a great team with a bunch of likable dudes in it.
40-9 baby!!

Charlie Foley

You got there first. Wish he hadn't played so many minutes though with another game coming up tomorrow night.

Anyway, am quietly hopeful.
I agree, though I can see a benefit to him having played that quarter if it sparks something. Probably more useful than if he had a mediocre night but we were up 20 by the end of the third.

my friends back in Ireland can’t get over basketball teams playing on back to back nights.
Also JTA man. What a great attitude. Dude is a warrior in every sense.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
It was heartening to see Steph Curry break out from his shooting problems last night, however I hope it is something he can build on. IMLTHO I think this slump had gotten into Curry's head to the point where he was either pushing too hard or overthinking his next shot. I believe Kevin Porter pissed him off last night to the point where he just stopped thinking and let his instincts take over. More of the same please.

Charlie Foley

It was heartening to see Steph Curry break out from his shooting problems last night, however I hope it is something he can build on. IMLTHO I think this slump had gotten into Curry's head to the point where he was either pushing too hard or overthinking his next shot. I believe Kevin Porter pissed him off last night to the point where he just stopped thinking and let his instincts take over. More of the same please.
Steve Kerr said similar. We can add KPJ to his list of triggers along with chairs and bullshit technicals.
I don’t want to read to much into it or try get into the mind of a genius but Kerr knows him better than I do.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Its going to be tough in San Antonio tonight. Curry, Thompson, Iggy, Wiggins, Porter and Bjelica are all out with minor ailments and of course Green and Wiseman are long term casualties. Definitely going to be tough.

Charlie Foley

Its going to be tough in San Antonio tonight. Curry, Thompson, Iggy, Wiggins, Porter and Bjelica are all out with minor ailments and of course Green and Wiseman are long term casualties. Definitely going to be tough.
Never in doubt!

makes up for the stupid Pacers loss. Mental win.

ZDwyr

That's a horrible loss for the Spurs. Great confidence win for the Warriors depth pieces though.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
When will Green and Wiseman return? I thought Wiseman should have been back a while ago

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
When will Green and Wiseman return? I thought Wiseman should have been back a while ago
No return date has been provided for either of them but it will almost certainly be after the all star break for both.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
No return date has been provided for either of them but it will almost certainly be after the all star break for both.
Cheers! The Suns and Warriors are amazing when fit, miles clear of the rest.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's a shame that people don't talk more about the Wolves. They are so close and so far at the same time, they can beat anyone but lack size and someone that can help KAT score those needed dirty paint points. But how do you get that player, how do you get someone that player without potentially destroying what makes this team good?

Terry Chango

Only recently got full membership so I couldn't join in the NBA chat which was driving me insane with all the golden state love in this thread.......................only joking @charlton66

anyway I'm a Bulls fan....buzzing with Chi town this season and bring on you MF's in the playoff's :drool:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
It's a shame that people don't talk more about the Wolves. They are so close and so far at the same time, they can beat anyone but lack size and someone that can help KAT score those needed dirty paint points. But how do you get that player, how do you get someone that player without potentially destroying what makes this team good?
Hey, you've already traded one all star. ;)

Charlie Foley

Only recently got full membership so I couldn't join in the NBA chat which was driving me insane with all the golden state love in this thread.......................only joking @charlton66

anyway I'm a Bulls fan....buzzing with Chi town this season and bring on you MF's in the playoff's :drool:
Welcome! Are you from Chicago? Incredible city

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hey, you've already traded one all star. ;)
For our defense general and main game manager. It's crazy how I thought that it was a lose-lose trade, now both teams are happy. :lol:

Terry Chango

Welcome! Are you from Chicago? Incredible city
No i'm not....I'm from England :lol:

My best mate's dad is from Chicago, massive Bulls fan and as a result his son and I also started following them.

I can just about remember the 97 and 98 rings....MJ hype was crazy and his dad somehow managed to make two 10-13 year old lads realise just what MJ meant to the sport and the team at the time. In the UK NBA viewing was slim to none at the time but MJ imprinted on me, similar to how Cantona did at the time.

Guessing most of the regulars on this thread are from the states yeh ?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Cheers! The Suns and Warriors are amazing when fit, miles clear of the rest.
I think Nuggets when fully fit will be at the same level but it won't be this year, with Murray only returning and Porter potentially not coming back at all this year.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Well Minnesota have all their picks and an expiring contract in Prince so I'm sure they will be trying to do something. A package of a first round pick + Prince will get you a decent rotation player. They could go all in and trade Prince, Beasley and 2-3 picks + some swaps and get into conversation for someone far better than that but I'm not sure they want to go all in already, with the team still being quite young.

Cleveland are in a kind of similar position but probably have more upside in Garland and Mobley than Minnesota do with Edwards and Towns. They are one of the most fun teams this year. Similar in terms of assets i.e. all their picks and some decently sized expiring contracts + a young player some might fancy in Sexton. I know they've been involved in Simmons conversations but I am not entirely convinced another non-shooter is what they need. Beal or McCollum would be great there.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
No i'm not....I'm from England :lol:

My best mate's dad is from Chicago, massive Bulls fan and as a result his son and I also started following them.

I can just about remember the 97 and 98 rings....MJ hype was crazy and his dad somehow managed to make two 10-13 year old lads realise just what MJ meant to the sport and the team at the time. In the UK NBA viewing was slim to none at the time but MJ imprinted on me, similar to how Cantona did at the time.

Guessing most of the regulars on this thread are from the states yeh ?
Manchester born and bred. Grew up watching Best, Law and Charlton, but have been in the US for nigh on 40 years.

BTW Jordan was something else. Used to watch the Bulls on superstation WGN back in the 90s. Still get chills when I hear the "Sirius" intro music.

....."from North Carolina, Michael Jordan" and then of course the crowd would go crazy.

Last edited: