NBA 2021-2022

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Steph might be in a bit of a slump but when he's not there the Dubs are not the same team. Draymond too. Having said that I think the poor run is as much to do with who is playing. Klay will eventually be a huge plus to the team but at the moment players are trying to adjust to him being on the floor and he is trying to adjust to them. I think that is causing some disruption to the team as a whole. It will come good eventually but it's going to take some time. As you say we (hopefully) have some winnable games coming up and they can use those to help figure out what works and what doesn't.
Well it seems to be working so far tonight. The "brothers" have 31 between them in the first half and are 7-12 from three.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Not much of a game 2nd half. Basically played out time. Nice to get back to winning ways.

ZDwyr

Missed it. Was watching Lakers, they are way more entertaining. Pacers were 0-19 when losing at half time. They are now 1-19. :D
I saw one possession from that game and it was Melo getting absolutely lost on defence and giving up an open 3 that basically sealed the game (and probably Vogel's fate. Although, I hardly think any of this is his fault).

Spicy.

EDIT:

Extra spicy.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
YouTube is recommending me to watch a First Take video where Stephan A and someone else (I presume Perkins) debate on whether they'd take Giannis or Ja.

Sure, let's think about whether to take a 2 time MVP, 1 time DPOY and reigning Finals MVP over someone with 2 great months in the NBA (no disrespect to Ja who is a great talent).

Do the people at ESPN get a memo every morning telling them they have to create hype for a player? First it was saying Ja over Donicic, now Ja over Giannis :lol:

reelworld

I saw one possession from that game and it was Melo getting absolutely lost on defence and giving up an open 3 that basically sealed the game (and probably Vogel's fate. Although, I hardly think any of this is his fault).

Spicy.

EDIT:

Extra spicy.
Vogel will go down swinging!

reelworld

Jokic is seeing the Ja Morant MVP talk and decided to remind everyone why he's the reigning MVP
this is just some next level stuff

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
So apparently an offer of Hield, Haliburton, Barnes and two first round picks for Simmons, Harris and Thybulle was rejected by Sixers.

Morey is absolutely deluded. Not only you are getting a haul of good players and potentially good picks for Simmons but you also get rid of terrible Harris contract. How is that not enough?

I was half joking when I said he would request Portland to add picks to trade Lillard for Simmons but now I am starting to think he actually would do that. He wants to win that trade so badly that he’s become completely obsessed over it. Kings have actually bought into Simmons value being this high and somehow still got turned down.

freeurmind

weak willed
So apparently an offer of Hield, Haliburton, Barnes and two first round picks for Simmons, Harris and Thybulle was rejected by Sixers.

Morey is absolutely deluded. Not only you are getting a haul of good players and potentially good picks for Simmons but you also get rid of terrible Harris contract. How is that not enough?

I was half joking when I said he would request Portland to add picks to trade Lillard for Simmons but now I am starting to think he actually would do that. He wants to win that trade so badly that he’s become completely obsessed over it. Kings have actually bought into Simmons value being this high and somehow still got turned down.
Same dude traded Chris Paul and 2 picks for Westbrook so we can't really be surprised.

Sarni

Same dude traded Chris Paul and 2 picks for Westbrook so we can't really be surprised.
:lol:

That trade still sticks with him I think. He wants to compensate for that at a different franchise. He badly wants to be remembered as a guy who got a haul for Simmons, not refused to add pick to trade him for Harden a year earlier.

Charlie Foley

YouTube is recommending me to watch a First Take video where Stephan A and someone else (I presume Perkins) debate on whether they'd take Giannis or Ja.

Sure, let's think about whether to take a 2 time MVP, 1 time DPOY and reigning Finals MVP over someone with 2 great months in the NBA (no disrespect to Ja who is a great talent).

Do the people at ESPN get a memo every morning telling them they have to create hype for a player? First it was saying Ja over Donicic, now Ja over Giannis :lol:
I mean his whole gimmick is “controversial” and hyperbolic takes that will get clicks and views, I doubt he needs the memo

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Stephan A
That's all that needs to be said

It would criminally negligent to turn down that package. I for one don't believe it was offered in the first place unless it was at the end of a 20 hour bender

Sarni

That's all that needs to be said

It would criminally negligent to turn down that package. I for one don't believe it was offered in the first place unless it was at the end of a 20 hour bender
This kind of aligns with what reliable people have said about Morey's valuation of Simmons. Apparently in the Summer when Portland came offering McCollum they asked for 3 unprotected firsts and 3 unprotected swaps to be added to the deal. Listening to various podcasts I am actually starting to believe that they think Simmons is a top 10 asset in the league and want Harden like package or more.

I'd say Haliburton at this point has about equal value to Simmons let alone all the other stuff they add.

See here: https://bleacherreport.com/articles...s-considering-haliburton-hield-barnes-package

The Sacramento Kings have reportedly considered a trade package of Tyrese Haliburton, Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes and two-first-round picks in exchange for the Philadelphia 76ers' Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris and Matisse Thybulle, according to Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Pompey noted that the Sixers weren't interested in the package, however, and added that "sources have repeatedly said the Sixers are not interested in a deal involving De'Aaron Fox unless he's shipped to a third team."

One sticking point in that potential package is Thybulle, with a source telling Pompey the defensive stalwart is "close to being untouchable."

Another source told Pompey the Sixers have yet to receive a formal offer from Sacramento, though the Kings reportedly "have contacted people around the league in order to get background information on Thybulle, Isaiah Joe and Paul Reed."
Really, over Thybulle.

Speaking of Harden package, at this point we can easily say Cleveland won that trade. Got Jarrett Allen for what turned out to be Josh Christopher.

sport2793

Man the Suns are good in the 4th quarter, shame that Luka seemed to get injured in the neck area, he was having a decent game up to that point.

Ladron de redcafe

JJ Redick is the best analyst on ESPN and it's not even close. He actually knows what he's talking about without having to scream his points
I'm not sure whether Legler is still with them or whether he moved to fox, but he's always been the best analyst, to me.

Either way, there's no need for the screaming and sensationalism and I wish the rest would time it down. It smacks of people courting attention, rather than providing actual insight.

Charlie Foley

Warriors Pacers going to overtime. No idea why Steph and JTA both ran out to Jackson and left Holiday open. In that case, 3 up with 5 left, you let Jackson shoot the 3 surely.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Warriors Pacers going to overtime. No idea why Steph and JTA both ran out to Jackson and left Holiday open. In that case, 3 up with 5 left, you let Jackson shoot the 3 surely.
We deserved to lose this. They're basically playing their B team and on a back to back. The defense has been poor all night and then they let them go on a 10-0 run in OT. A turnover at the end without getting a chance to tie was a fitting end to this mess.

I was giving the Lakers a hard time for losing last night. At least they were playing against players who you could recognize.

Last edited:

sport2793

Upset of the year it has to be said considering the b2b on the road with many starters out. These games happen once or twice every season though so nothing to get too worried about.

SinNombre

Warriors are 3-4 since Klay’s return, and 3-6 since Draymond’s injury.

Likely both are playing a role in why this team is playing like a lottery team.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.

And then strangely, one debater will say they want Giannis and it’s a ridiculous question, and the other will stitch together a specious argument as to why Ja is in fact the guy you want going forward. It’s almost as if it’s…..planned? I mean, I don’t want to cast aspersions on the integrity of these hot take shows but……

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Two good teams playing badly. Warriors slightly better. Steph needs some time off. He has just not been himself the last month and a half.

ZDwyr

Steph is somehow top of MVP odds even though he has been pretty awful for over a month now
He's in a bigger market than Jokic or Giannis so he'll get more media attention/support. For example, a few weeks ago you had Reggie Miller proclaim that Steph should be the MVP favourite because he broke the 3-point record and dragged the Warriors to the play-in last season.

Charlie Foley

He's in a bigger market than Jokic or Giannis so he'll get more media attention/support. For example, a few weeks ago you had Reggie Miller proclaim that Steph should be the MVP favourite because he broke the 3-point record and dragged the Warriors to the play-in last season.
:lol:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
And then strangely, one debater will say they want Giannis and it’s a ridiculous question, and the other will stitch together a specious argument as to why Ja is in fact the guy you want going forward. It’s almost as if it’s…..planned? I mean, I don’t want to cast aspersions on the integrity of these hot take shows but……
No doubt it's all fixed/preset. Recall Max Kellerman always having weird responses to Stephen, often taking the opposite view, or the extreme stance, or some off the wall view. It was as if Max was sacrificed for Stephen to be the star, the sane take, etc. I was never much a fan of Skip (or Stephen) but the show declined after Skip left, IMO.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Good all round performance tonight but if Steph doesn't get his shot back the Dubs are not winning anything this year. Saw some footage of him practicing his shooting earlier today and he's not even making them when it's just him. Very concerning.

Charlie Foley

Good all round performance tonight but if Steph doesn't get his shot back the Dubs are not winning anything this year. Saw some footage of him practicing his shooting earlier today and he's not even making them when it's just him. Very concerning.
They were wondering about the new balls on KNBR earlier. He looks uncomfortable with it generally though he is still working hard. I was really happy with the start tonight that he was just taking the good shot and not throwing up threes but otherwise I agree. I’m hoping the all star break does him good, otherwise we know he’s just going to keep trying to shoot himself out of it as he has in the past.

Plenty of positives tonight: Poole and the rest of the bench contributed really well. Poole had good offence and a great block. JTA and GP2 provided good energy in limited minutes. One of Nemanja’s best games in a long time.

Kuminga is a freak. That guy has so much potential it is unreal. So exciting.

and It so great seeing Klay back playing. So good to see him out there hitting shots, throwing the ball around enjoying himself.

I’m enjoying D Wade too