NBA 2021-2022

Charlie Foley

Turnovers cost us. Grizzlies are a good team. It was a good game, would be a hell of a series in the postseason

reelworld

Grizzlies are now in tie with Jazz in the standing. Suns with still the best record in the NBA :drool:
Bulls though, what a story.
How stupid was the Lakers not keeping Caruso and didn't want to include THT in trades when they wanted Demar :lol:

sport2793

What the feck was that Booker vs Raptor mascot :lol:
It was funny watching it in real time and Jae and CP3 were chuckling and giving Booker a lot of crap about it in the post-match presser. Hey, in the context of the game though it worked for Booker, it must be said.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Dame is out for minimum 6 weeks with abdomen surgery. With CJ also out it’s the year of the tank. My only concern is that Portland gets a top 4 pick and then trade it for someone like Barnes or Grant to ‘win’ now.

ZDwyr

Was really hoping Dame would play through the issue because I wanted to avoid another tank competitor.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Nah can't see it this year. We'd be relying on Malik monk to be Kylie Irving and Westbrook to not take threes or turn the ball over or be generally shit. Not gonna happen.
Sorry, joking a bit. Monk is really good.

Personally, I would draw the play for Russ where he sits. Chair and everything.

ZDwyr

ESPN says 6 legit contenders. My list would be 4. Warriors, Suns, Bucks and Nets.
Yeah, that would be my list too. If Philly could trade Simmons for something then I'd maybe add them. That's unlikely to happen though.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
This Simmons debacle is so bizarre. It's hard to believe it's about mental health, he stopped answering messages from the Sixers right after the exit from the playoffs and the coach saying he didn't know if they could win a title with Simmons. But the idea it was about mental health only came up months later.

Surely this is about the power of players and agents. And Simmons is foolish enough to destroy his career so his agent can make a play for more influence. He's gonna be like DeMarcus Cousins, going from team to team on the cheap because no one will commit to him.

R'hllor

If cowards didnt try to wash their hands from blame and publicly threw him under the bus, he would be easier to move from now but they had to pull bitch move and shift focus on passed dunk like thats a reason why hey lost, not 2 TO from Embiid or some other mistakes after that. There were probably 76ers fans that wanted to see his back before series but them shifting focus on him, they piled majority of fans on his back.

Questions regarding his attitude and work towards improvements like jump shots, free throws etc. would have bigger negative impact on his future. On top of all, now i heard rumors about they trying to attach TH to Simmons in trade, that made Hawks back off.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Such a shame he joined us. I love watching him play for other teams.
Russ has always been one of my favorite players to watch. Sometimes he was good, sometimes he was not so good but he was always must watch TV. Unfortunately for the Lakers he is still must watch TV but nowadays it's almost like watching a car crash in slow motion.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Yeah, that would be my list too. If Philly could trade Simmons for something then I'd maybe add them. That's unlikely to happen though.
I'm not sure the Grizzlies can win it but they are definitely a dark horse. I certainly wouldn't want to play them in a 7 game series. I just hope they're on the other side of the bracket from the Dubs.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
First more meaningful trade of the season I think, Reddish goes to Knicks for a protected first round pick from Charlotte and Knox. It’s a good trade for NY I think, Reddish has some potential though he hasn’t been great since he came into the league. Given the price I’d have though Cleveland would be in for him as a small forward is probably the last important piece they need to complete their team for now. Mind you they will probably go for someone more proven to help them now (LeVert?).

sport2793

See the Bucks are actually a good team. Bay Area fans now are realizing that. Warriors (and most teams unless you have multiple competent centers) have no answer for Giannis.

Charlie Foley

See the Bucks are actually a good team. Bay Area fans now are realizing that. Warriors (and most teams unless you have multiple competent centers) have no answer for Giannis.
I think them winning the finals last year was the first clue to be honest but to each their own

sport2793

I think them winning the finals last year was the first clue to be honest but to each their own
I know a lot of Bay Area fans and most of them are clueless. I said this instead of GSW fans because I assume that the fans posting here like @charlton66 aren't residing in the area per se.

EDIT: The ones who aren't clueless tend to be from the Oakland area who are the real fans, not the bandwagon ones picked up after the first title. Sucks they have to travel to SF now to attend games.

RooneyLegend

Feel like they are going to get smoked by the nets this year, they need a big time wing defender. Having a Allen or Covington in the starting line up isn't the way to go.

sport2793

Feel like they are going to get smoked by the nets this year, they need a big time wing defender. Having a Allen or Covington in the starting line up isn't the way to go.
Last year I think they would have lost to the Nets at full strength but after the confidence of winning the title and Giannis continuing to improve, I don't see the Nets smoking them. The series would go 6 or 7 and could see it go either way. What made the Nets really scary for me last season were the multitude of good role players they had (Jeff Green in particular was very very good) + Griffin having a very good season. Apart from Patty Mills their role players are atrocious this season. Keep in mind this Bucks team still have Jrue Holiday and Brook Lopez to come back also.

RooneyLegend

Last year I think they would have lost to the Nets at full strength but after the confidence of winning the title and Giannis continuing to improve, I don't see the Nets smoking them. The series would go 6 or 7 and could see it go either way. What made the Nets really scary for me last season were the multitude of good role players they had (Jeff Green in particular was very very good) + Griffin having a very good season. Apart from Patty Mills their role players are atrocious this season. Keep in mind this Bucks team still have Jrue Holiday and Brook Lopez to come back also.
I hear all of that but i don't see anything the Bucks can do with Durant. They can only compete in that series if they defend amazingly well and playing the likes of Lopez is asking for some Harden trouble. If they play Giannis at the 5 then no one can even attempt to slow Durant down.

sport2793

I hear all of that but i don't see anything the Bucks can do with Durant. They can only compete in that series if they defend amazingly well and playing the likes of Lopez is asking for some Harden trouble. If they play Giannis at the 5 then no one can even attempt to slow Durant down.
I would play Bobby Portis more than Brook Lopez and keep Giannis at the 4. Ultimately the Nets will play a lot of PnR into Iso to get their favored matchups anyways so a lot of it will come down to outscoring them. Keep the big 3 under 90 points and the rest of the team to no more than 20 points and score more than 110 points. All of the top teams can achieve this strategy I feel.