NBA 2021-2022

sport2793

Bam looks like the worst player I've ever seen play for Team USA. No where near how he performs for the Heats.
I think he's overrated and long term Ayton definitely will be the better player of the two.

ZDwyr

The Schroder situation is interesting. Can't really see where he lands now. His best option might be a 1 year deal with a player option so he can get back on the market again after rebuilding his value.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Birch, GTJ, VanVleet, and Siakam will all have their contracts expire at the same time. Looks like we're committed to the GTJ-VanVleet-Siakam-OG core for now and will look to supplement that unless things change.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Oh, and Masai's announced his stay in Toronto.

Vice chairman means that he's second to Larry Tanenbaum in the Toronto Raptors hierarchy (and basically second to him in all of MLSE, the group that owns various Toronto sports teams, as a result).

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I'm surprised Reggie Jackson is still unsigned. He absolutely balled out in the playoffs and has shown he can make an impact.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The Schroder situation is interesting. Can't really see where he lands now. His best option might be a 1 year deal with a player option so he can get back on the market again after rebuilding his value.
I am curious to understand what is in his brain. He was offered $84million for 4 years by the Lakers and turned it down. He was widely accepted as an overpaid player at $16million per year when he was with Atlanta and had one good year with OKC as a sixth man which brought up his value and got Lakers to trade for him with a very late first rounder which wasn’t that expensive either. He had a rather average year with Lakers again. What made him think he was going to receive an offer of substantially more than $21million per year on the market?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I am curious to understand what is in his brain. He was offered $84million for 4 years by the Lakers and turned it down. He was widely accepted as an overpaid player at $16million per year when he was with Atlanta and had one good year with OKC as a sixth man which brought up his value and got Lakers to trade for him with a very late first rounder which wasn’t that expensive either. He had a rather average year with Lakers again. What made him think he was going to receive an offer of substantially more than $21million per year on the market?
Whatever he was thinking, I'm sure he's like this know.

Sarni

I'm surprised Reggie Jackson is still unsigned. He absolutely balled out in the playoffs and has shown he can make an impact.
Apparently being offered $22million for two years by Clippers with whom he’s been training for the last few weeks despite not having a contract. Seems a bit high, I thought he was just about at MLE at best and maybe even another minimum deal.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Me too.
Also he plays for the Lakers, and would have had a decent title shot.

But I guess, 21 million per year in LA is not as much as it sounds - for him.

Sarni

Me too.
Also he plays for the Lakers, and would have had a decent title shot.

But I guess, 21 million per year in LA is not as much as it sounds - for him.
Yeah he’s probably going to get like $10million for one year now and will have to hope he can get an offer close to that one next year. Remind me of when Noel turned down $20million or so per year by Mavs to play out the next three seasons on close to minimum. Fortunately for him he was able to get back to a good level and earn this $10m+ deal he just got at Knicks.

edcunited1878

Yeah he’s probably going to get like $10million for one year now and will have to hope he can get an offer close to that one next year. Remind me of when Noel turned down $20million or so per year by Mavs to play out the next three seasons on close to minimum. Fortunately for him he was able to get back to a good level and earn this $10m+ deal he just got at Knicks.
He bet on himself, like John Collins did with the Hawks, but Schroeder wasn't up to the challenge. He wanted option 1B type money, but he's at best the 2nd option on a good team, not a contender. Think Magic also called him out and said he didn't have the Laker Mentality or have what it takes to be a true Lakers player...which is right as he got exposed in the Playoffs. Didn't step it up or at least put it on the line. With them signing Brodie, you at least see the mentality and drive needed. Not that I agree that Brodie is a good fit with the Lakers, but he's never afraid to try to take control of the game. Should be able to do that with AD or LBJ on the bench.

Deery

Dreary
What’s all the talk about Boston signing Beale and ending up resigning Horford, what a crock of shit..

Who have the Celtics got so far does anyone know?

Sarni

What’s all the talk about Boston signing Beale and ending up resigning Horford, what a crock of shit..

Horford deal was a money move to get Kemba’s long term contract off the books as he was owed more than $60m over two years while Horford is an expiring. They have so far picked up Josh Richardson from Mavs, brought Kris Dunn and Bruno Fernando as less impactful additions and signed Kanter to one-year deal.

Last edited:

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Such a shame the way Boston fell apart, especially with Isaiah Thomas. But they must have advised him to play through that injury, which sure looked to have ruined his career. If that’s how it went, they deserve the fall from grace.

Being able to turn a hobbled Thomas into Kyrie Irving, then picking up Hayward, looked like the beginning of a long period of success. Funny old game.

Deery

Dreary
Who’s Kenna? Do you mean Kemba?

So Celtics traded no one of worth again, they need to get better players if they want to hold on to Tatum..

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

They don't have cap space and can't use their full MLE unless they want to be hard capped. If I'm not mistaken the best way to go for them is to reset their cap situation this year.

Deery

Dreary
Such a shame the way Boston fell apart, especially with Isaiah Thomas. But they must have advised him to play through that injury, which sure looked to have ruined his career. If that’s how it went, they deserve the fall from grace.

Being able to turn a hobbled Thomas into Kyrie Irving, then picking up Hayward, looked like the beginning of a long period of success. Funny old game.
Kyrie glad to be shot, and Hayward never offered much. Trade for Giannis would be better..

Deery

Dreary
Am I right in thinking the Lakers signed Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard? Or did I dream that shit..

Deery

Dreary
Celtics offering Marus Smart a $77m extension, I thought he was off..

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Kyrie glad to be shot, and Hayward never offered much. Trade for Giannis would be better..
And they end up hanging their hats on Tatum and Brown who were supposed to be 4th and 5th options at best!

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Westbrook is a great player..
Durant and Westbrook were unlucky not to win it all, besides that one season with Harden they never really had a third piece who could deliver much. Deserves more respect I think.

Deery

Dreary
And they end up hanging their hats on Tatum and Brown who were supposed to be 4th and 5th options at best!
Tatum put up a 50 point game 3 times last season and Brown was avg more points a game than Tatum before his injury both very young as well, just need a top player to play along with them..

Deery

Dreary
Durant and Westbrook were unlucky not to win it all, besides that one season with Harden they never really had a third piece who could deliver much. Deserves more respect I think.
Agreed!

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Oh, and Masai's announced his stay in Toronto.

Vice chairman means that he's second to Larry Tanenbaum in the Toronto Raptors hierarchy (and basically second to him in all of MLSE, the group that owns various Toronto sports teams, as a result).
I‘m truly happy, he’s a gentleman and smart, knows his job the more control he get the better off Toronto will be. I have faith in him to build another great team.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Am I right in thinking the Lakers signed Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard? Or did I dream that shit..
LBJ really wants his 6th ring to match MJ and even pass him.