NBA 2021-2022

ZDwyr

McGee can give good back-up minutes. That's a good signing for Phoenix

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Ricky Rubio on fire. America still got this in the bag though. Up 8 with less than 5 minutes to go.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

I hate free agency :(
Good for him. Go make that money. We signed Ellington, Arizona, Dwight and Bazemore. Still five/six spots to fill. Gonna have to rely on Westbrook a lot during the regular season.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Luka roasting team USA in the Olympics final would be a ton of fun.

R'hllor

Best part about the McGee signing is that Ayton will finally have someone that can guard him in training for him to work on his post game moves. Really hard for him to work on that aspect when he can basically shoot over everyone else on the team.
True

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Surprised the Bucks let Tucker go, I think teams may underestimate how important it is to have a defensive terror to put on their opponent’s best player. Especially if they can guard 1-4/5.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
More and more I'm thinking the Dubs should try and bring Kelly Oubre back. I don't think he fits with the Warriors at all but if he walks away they lose the salary money. IMLTHO, since the luxury tax is only payable on salary totals at the end of the season, the Dubs should sign him up, and if it isn't working trade him during the season to get him off the books but apply for a TPE so that they can use the money later for a player who better fits their playing style.

In other news, if Otto Porter can remain healthy he could be a good addition to the roster. Bjelica falls into a similar category. Could be useful but definitely possible injury concerns.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
More and more I'm thinking the Dubs should try and bring Kelly Oubre back. I don't think he fits with the Warriors at all but if he walks away they lose the salary money. IMLTHO, since the luxury tax is only payable on salary totals at the end of the season, the Dubs should sign him up, and if it isn't working trade him during the season to get him off the books but apply for a TPE so that they can use the money later for a player who better fits their playing style.

In other news, if Otto Porter can remain healthy he could be a good addition to the roster. Bjelica falls into a similar category. Could be useful but definitely possible injury concerns.
Or just do a sign and trade with the team that wants him.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Or just do a sign and trade with the team that wants him.
That's not always easy to do. Any team that does a sign and trade (receives the player) gets hard capped and this way the Dubs also get a second chance to see if he becomes a better fit with the team after last years experience.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Steph gets paaaaaid.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

As expected, now official.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Monk is a great acquisition for Lakers. Surprised Hornets let both him and Graham go. They were a fun team last year and it seems they will take a step back.

Dan_F

I stopped watching the NBA years ago, but the 14 year old me is freaking out at Carmelo and LeBron playing together.

I’ve gotta admit that based on the fact I started playing again earlier in the year, and how fun Slovenia (basically my second nationality at this point) have been at the Olympics, I’m really tempted to watch a bit more than the odd playoff game next season.

Now if only the Magic could put together a good team :rolleyes:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I honestly wasn't expecting this from Nunn.

That's a surprisingly small contract. Am I right in saying that he's looking for a ring before moving onto another team?

ZDwyr

Lakers are constructing a weird roster. Nunn signing is interesting. He could potentially help them. Not a fan of the Melo signing but he probably won't play many meaningful minutes.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Lakers are constructing a weird roster. Nunn signing is interesting. He could potentially help them. Not a fan of the Melo signing but he probably won't play many meaningful minutes.
He will probably play around 20 minutes a night or a little less similar role as he has in Portland. Shot 40% from 3 and will give lakers valuable scoring when The big 3 are off the court.

The Nunn addition along with monk we’re really solid moves as well. They probably have the best team in the west.

I don’t like the Russ move but maybe they will figure it out. CP3 would of been the much better option but I’m guessing he had no interest in taking a big pay cut for the ring.

On another note the bulls are making an interesting but weird team. Would of hoped zo went to Charlotte to play with his brothers but I guess he preferred to secure the bag.

Knicks addition of Fournier im not too happy about either. I love Rose but 43M is excessive for a back up PG. He does not have the legs to be the starter for 82 games.

stepic

DeRozen to the Bulls. Nice pick up. Bulls should (hopefully) be decent - LaVine, Vuc, Lonzo, DeRozen. Still got Lauri who could yet be traded. Youngsters in PWill and White.

Enigma_87

You know who
How the hell are Lakers still under the cap?

Nunn and Monk are solid deals for a very aging squad. Seems they are going all in and tbf makes sense considering Lebron's diminishing influence in the coming years.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Lakers 3 pt shooting last season (year before)

C-Davis 26.0 (33.0)
PF-LeBron 36.5 (34.8)
SF-Ariza 35.0 (40.0)
SG-Monk 40.1 (28.4)
PG-Russ 31.5 (25.8)

PF-Melo 40.9 (38.5)
SG-Bazemore 40.8 (38.4)
SG-Ellington 42.2 (35.0)
SG-Matthews 33.5 (36.5)
SG-McLemore 36.8 (33.1)
PG-Nunn 38.1 (35.0)
PG-Schroder 33.5 (38.5)

That should be good enough. Roster looks decent, it's fun for the fans to see Melo and James play together.

I love the Lakers but if they lose then I can enjoy James not winning, as I don't like him. Giannis I like, very happy for him. I bet he's not happy about Tucker leaving.

Last edited:

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Monk is a great acquisition for Lakers. Surprised Hornets let both him and Graham go. They were a fun team last year and it seems they will take a step back.
If I was LaMelo I'd take out insurance on myself, Jordan has cursed that franchise!

Ladron de redcafe

I thought he retired years ago or am i thinking of Iverson?
Iverson retired years ago. Struggled to make the impact that he wanted at Denver and then hopped around from team to team, but found himself out the league when he refused to accept a bench role. His value diminished, his play had already regressed, and he retired a shell of the Iverson that everyone remembers.

Melo had a mini resurgence at New York and won a scoring title and got the lone MVP vote that wrecked Lebron's chances at a unanimous vote in the 2013 MVP race.

He's been a bench player but a serviceable, the past two years.

Sarni

Lakers 3 pt shooting last season (year before)

C-Davis 26.0 (33.0)
PF-LeBron 36.5 (34.8)
SF-Ariza 35.0 (40.0)
SG-Monk 40.1 (28.4)
PG-Russ 31.5 (25.8)

PF-Melo 40.9 (38.5)
SG-Bazemore 40.8 (38.4)
SG-Ellington 42.2 (35.0)
SG-Matthews 33.5 (36.5)
SG-McLemore 36.8 (33.1)
PG-Nunn 38.1 (35.0)
PG-Schroder 33.5 (38.5)

That should be good enough. Roster looks decent, it's fun for the fans to see Melo and James play together.

I love the Lakers but if they lose then I can enjoy James not winning, as I don't like him. Giannis I like, very happy for him. I bet he's not happy about Tucker leaving.
McLemore is now on Blazers and Schroder is probably not going to re-sign. The age is an issue, some of those players are ancient. Nunn and Monk are good gets.

Dan_F

Become a Mavs fan. We also have a shit team but we do have Luka!
Nah I can’t switch. I’ll always keep up to date with Luka’s progress though. I think the last time I seriously watched a Magic game was when we had Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson and Hedo.

Sarni

I honestly wasn't expecting this from Nunn.

That's a surprisingly small contract. Am I right in saying that he's looking for a ring before moving onto another team?
Sounds about right for him to be fair. He'd maybe be able to get like $7m per year on a weaker team but probably prefers to play on a good team. He's a decent back up guard.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Lakers can shoot now, but can't play any defense.

Iverson retired years ago. Struggled to make the impact that he wanted at Denver and then hopped around from team to team, but found himself out the league when he refused to accept a bench role. His value diminished, his play had already regressed, and he retired a shell of the Iverson that everyone remembers.

Melo had a mini resurgence at New York and won a scoring title and got the lone MVP vote that wrecked Lebron's chances at a unanimous vote in the 2013 MVP race.

He's been a bench player but a serviceable, the past two years.
Thanks!!

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Steal. For only 8M a year as well. The Knicks now have a solid starting 5 and a solid bench, it’s a deep team.

Randle last season had to carry the scoring load and in the playoffs he was shut down with the doubles. Now we have Kemba who can get his own shot and is not a guy you want to leave isolated and Fournier who can shoot it. RJ is still ever improving he made a leap last year and I expect the same this season. Then you have Randle the MIP Last season who is a bucket.

Along with this we kept the core that got us the 4th seed last season and you have a solid second Unit with Drose, IQ, Burks, Obi, and Noel.

I really like the look of this team.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

That frees up $10 million or so. I wonder what the plan is now. It may indicate that we're looking to trade Dragic to get a much better package, or we might be assessing all of our options.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
McLemore is now on Blazers and Schroder is probably not going to re-sign. The age is an issue, some of those players are ancient. Nunn and Monk are good gets.
Thanks, it did seem like to many 2s.

I have to agree those will be crucial gets I think. I think injury will be a big factor again this season.