NBA 2021-2022

ZDwyr

I've actually been relatively unimpressed with Cade. Admittedly I haven't seen every game but his lack of athleticism jumps out at me. Similarly, Mobley doesn't strike me as a potential generational talent. Obviously just summer league and way too early to make solid predictions though.

Stacks

Memphis finish mid in the West and were gentleman swept in the first round of the P/O which was their first P/O in years. Hardly a super team. They are also small market so year a lesser team in my book. They may have won the Pelicans trade but we'll wait and see if they all mesh well.
I thought that the second part was a bit more shocking.
IT is a former Huskies teammate of my school basketball teammate. He actually has experience of leading a team to a conference finals so Ja would learn a lot from him. He was breaking records all while dealing with the grief of his sister. Put respect on his name.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
IT is a former Huskies teammate of my school basketball teammate. He actually has experience of leading a team to a conference finals so Ja would learn a lot from him. He was breaking records all while dealing with the grief of his sister. Put respect on his name.
So you are going to keep insulting Chris Paul? :nono:

Beans

Supports
Neutral
https://www.masslive.com/celtics/20...eaving-summer-league-for-excused-absence.html

92 points wtf.

really interested to see how the Celtics develop him this year
Hard to draw too much from that, Mike James who is out of the league scored 63 for the other team.

Looking great in summer league will get him minutes in the league, it’s so different though, playing a few minutes where every mistake is crucial, has to be hard to get loose and take chances.

But I could also see him playing for that team, if Schroeder doesn’t return to form he only has to beat Marcus Smart for the position, who is good defensively but pretty limited on offense. With Boston out of the title picture they can afford to give him minutes.

Last edited:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
12.2 pts in 23mins on 40/41/81 ain't washed. This was 2020
And he was also waived that season after getting traded to the Clippers who needed scoring off the bench and followed up with only playing 3 games in that awful Pelicans team averaging 7.7 on 33/25/1 last season.

IT's a nice guy and should have gotten paid, but he lost a touch of his pace and without that his shooting just isn't good enough to survive in this league, especially when he's a massive defensive liability.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I wonder what Grizzlies are going to do with them. I cannot see them wanting to keep Beverley and Rondo around.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
:lol: next five years!
First thing that came to my mind as well :lol:
I usually like these crappy "love him on my team, hate him on the other team" players that are gritty and physical and get into the opponent's head, but Bev is just a piece of shit.

elmo

I usually like these crappy "love him on my team, hate him on the other team" players that are gritty and physical and get into the opponent's head, but Bev is just a piece of shit.
Yeah, he's a proper prick and should have been kicked out of the league a long time ago.

Stacks

And he was also waived that season after getting traded to the Clippers who needed scoring off the bench and followed up with only playing 3 games in that awful Pelicans team averaging 7.7 on 33/25/1 last season.

IT's a nice guy and should have gotten paid, but he lost a touch of his pace and without that his shooting just isn't good enough to survive in this league, especially when he's a massive defensive liability.
If you watch the pro AM game he looked like he had his step back. Some of those hesi's were on point and the shooting was.....He was playing comp including former D1 players and pros

JPRouve

Scout
Lillard will have to lengthen his range. :D

""

elmo

If you watch the pro AM game he looked like he had his step back. Some of those hesi's were on point and the shooting was.....He was playing comp including former D1 players and pros
I don't think you understand the massive difference in standard between the pro am players and those in the NBA if you think his 81 points showing in the pro am means he's good enough to contribute meaningfully to a NBA team. IT was being guarded by a guy smaller than him ffs :lol:

There's a reason why they're playing in the pro am instead of the summer league to try and make the cut on a NBA team.

At best IT is going to get a 10 day contract to prove himself healthy and ready to contribute, but I think most teams will pass over on him because he's not worth it.

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don't think you understand the massive difference in standard between the pro am players and those in the NBA if you think his 81 points showing in the pro am means he's good enough to contribute meaningfully to a NBA team. IT was being guarded by a guy smaller than him ffs :lol:

There's a reason why they're playing in the pro am instead of the summer league to try and make the cut on a NBA team.

At best IT is going to get a 10 day contract to prove himself healthy and ready to contribute, but I think most teams will pass over on him because he's not worth it.
At this point he’d be best off getting a contract down in Europe or China to make some money while he still can. He was about to get a very significant deal before his injury if not a max but those days are long gone. He’s earned $34m over his career, most of that on that 4 year deal initially signed with Sacramento but knowing the lifestyle of those athletes and the fact that he was about to get a higher deal I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not saved much of that.

Stacks

I was watching a reaction to his display and the dude who he sent to the ground with a shove was a former D1 hooper and thus was offered a full scholarship to hoop and is an athlete, if thats who you are referring to? Terell Brown was also playing, another D1 hooper but I get what you are saying though. He could try the G-League or something.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

This is good news, at least. The last thing I'd want to see is a player that we've developed wanting out. At the very worst, this gives us lots of leverage if we're looking for trade offers in the future.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I do too, i love effort and passion, and I have a strong dislike of Beverley. I hope his suspension for that push is long, Paul's neck went way back as he was pushed in the back, good way to injure someone. I was surprised no one from the Phoenix bench ran to get at Beverley, that's standard NBA procedure for that stuff! Where's my number 15 guy who isn't gonna play?

elmo

I was watching a reaction to his display and the dude who he sent to the ground with a shove was a former D1 hooper and thus was offered a full scholarship to hoop and is an athlete, if thats who you are referring to? Terell Brown was also playing, another D1 hooper but I get what you are saying though. He could try the G-League or something.
Majority of D1 players arent even near NBA level too, I think there's less than 2% of them that even makes an NBA roster at any point in their life.

Don't forget that even the last guy on the bench was probably a high school phenomenon and a highly recruited star player at college level. The average pro am player would probably be at the Chinese league level at best and wouldn't crack the roster for most euro teams.

elmo

At this point he’d be best off getting a contract down in Europe or China to make some money while he still can. He was about to get a very significant deal before his injury if not a max but those days are long gone. He’s earned $34m over his career, most of that on that 4 year deal initially signed with Sacramento but knowing the lifestyle of those athletes and the fact that he was about to get a higher deal I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not saved much of that.
Yeah, but IT refuses to give up on playing in the league.

He's going to regret not going for the money when he retires in a few years time.

Stacks

Majority of D1 players arent even near NBA level too, I think there's less than 2% of them that even makes an NBA roster at any point in their life.

Don't forget that even the last guy on the bench was probably a high school phenomenon and a highly recruited star player at college level. The average pro am player would probably be at the Chinese league level at best and wouldn't crack the roster for most euro teams.
Its actually 1.4% and a sizeable amount don't even play any games after being drafted and get released. circa 20% of D1 players make it pro overseas

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Patrick Beverley traded to the Wolves. Is there a less relevant team he can go to or is this a good punishment for him?

JPRouve

Scout
On @Beans point or Beverley to Minnie?

On the former, Finch is a brilliant coach and the Wolves have been decent after the all-star break, as long as they are fit I think that they can be good but yeah it's the worst franchise in american sports. Regarding Beverley, he improves the guard depth, brings experience, cuntishness and graft to a very young team.

Beans

Supports
Neutral

On the former, Finch is a brilliant coach and the Wolves have been decent after the all-star break, as long as they are fit I think that they can be good but yeah it's the worst franchise in american sports. Regarding Beverley, he improves the guard depth, brings experience, cuntishness and graft to a very young team.
Perhaps his drive and determination will push his teammates to fight harder than they're used to. I'm personally a big fan of having a multi position stopper in the starting 5, only 1 guy can handle the ball, but everyone has to defend. But Bruce Bowen had the shooting to make an ideal 3&D player, which Pat doesn't have.

This will make it harder to dislike the Clippers.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State

Both actually which you answered. You being our resident Timberwolf I wondered what you thought.
This will make it harder to dislike the Clippers.
Not for me. After Lebron and possibly Durant (it's close), Leonard is the top player I dislike the most. To me he behaves like an entitled jerk. Even James Harden comes after him.

ZDwyr

Yeah I feel like Kawhi gets a pass for a lot of the things he's done. The end of his San Antonio tenure was a real mess and was largely caused by him and his team.

JPRouve

Scout
Forced his way out of Spurs in a distasteful manner.
That's an understatement particularly when it seems that he kept a similar attitude with the Clippers which leads to believe that Spurs weren't really at fault, even if you think that they may have misdiagnosed an injury. It seems that he is the NBA #1 prima donna.