NBA 2021-2022

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Both teams were awful in the 1st half. It improved tremendously in the 2nd half and ended up a very exciting game.

Anyway, great win.

Woohoo!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
That’s a huge win. There is a possibility that there will be more covid cases in the warriors team soon so 2-2 would probably have been brutal

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Not comfortable. I did NOT want to be going into Memphis at 2-2, that atmosphere is going to be raucous. It’s great to win a game when you play terribly. An awful game to lose. Go dubs!
I think what was really happening was that Mike Brown was practicing his coaching moves for when he starts with the Kings.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Kerr probably got pissed off about not getting a single COTY vote so he sent out Brown to make himself look better

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Celtics vs Bucks is such a monumental dog fight and tied again, can’t love that more! Let’s go Cs!!

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
No chance that was the most condescending post in the tread!

Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza (before he was washed), Capela, Lou Williams (before washed), Beverley, and Montrezl Harrell is a decent supporting cast. Far superior to Westbrook's for sure. The Houston roster was at least conducive to their best player's strengths. The best 3-point shooter in the OKC starting line-up was Oladipo who is a 35% career shooter.

Anyway, I'm not saying that the triple-double had nothing to do with it. It absolutely did. I don't even mind if you think Harden deserved it. I was just saying that it was not solely down to the triple-double as there were other factors at play.
Yeah that's fair enough - apologies as I was short tempered and hugely stressed last night, so my posts were pretty incoherent and poorly thought out! Also I consumed far more caffeine than what would be advisable.

Your point about the shooting gap is well taken and makes a lot of sense. I just generally think the MVP is a narrative-driven award predominantly - and the triple double average played a huge part in swaying the minds of many voters.

ZDwyr

Yeah that's fair enough - apologies as I was short tempered and hugely stressed last night, so my posts were pretty incoherent and poorly thought out! Also I consumed far more caffeine than what would be advisable.

Your point about the shooting gap is well taken and makes a lot of sense. I just generally think the MVP is a narrative-driven award predominantly - and the triple double average played a huge part in swaying the minds of many voters.
All good. Some spirited debate is always fun!

Yeah, the Westbrook MVP did have narrative as a big factor. The triple-double was part of it, as was the fact that it was the first post-KD season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Ja is out of the remainder of this series. Could be done for the entire playoffs, even if Memphis somehow make it past GS. What a fecking shame.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Ja is out of the remainder of this series. Could be done for the entire playoffs, even if Memphis somehow make it past GS. What a fecking shame.
Nah they won’t make it past the next game without him. Shame as I believe with him on the floor last night this would be another 2-2 series.

Literally have no clue who progressed between Heat v Sixers and Celtics v Bucks. Both are as close to 50/50 as it gets now, I’d give small edge to Celtics and Heat due to home court advantage but that’s it. Suns v Mavs I have Suns as favorites but I wouldn’t be shocked if Mavs pull it off, if they get another hot night from three today it’s game on.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Nah they won’t make it past the next game without him. Shame as I believe with him on the floor last night this would be another 2-2 series.

Literally have no clue who progressed between Heat v Sixers and Celtics v Bucks. Both are as close to 50/50 as it gets now, I’d give small edge to Celtics and Heat due to home court advantage but that’s it. Suns v Mavs I have Suns as favorites but I wouldn’t be shocked if Mavs pull it off, if they get another hot night from three today it’s game on.
Not sure if it's 2-2 even if Ja plays. Dubs took Grizzlies for granted with him being out. Don't think that would have happened if Ja played. They hammered them in game 3 with him in there. I have no reason to believe game 4 would have been any different.

At the end of the day it's all supposition though. We'ii never know!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Yeah it's a shame. I had Grizz taking it to at least a game 6. They could still steal a game from here, so maybe but I doubt it. GS will take game 5 and end it.

I still have Bucks to go advance to be honest. Its harder to call Heat/Sixers. Im leaning towards Heat but if Harden can keep this up for bit longer, I might have to give it to Philly you know.

Sarni

Not sure if it's 2-2 even if Ja plays. Dubs took Grizzlies for granted with him being out. Don't think that would have happened if Ja played. They hammered them in game 3 with him in there. I have no reason to believe game 4 would have been any different.

At the end of the day it's all supposition though. We'ii never know!
Warriors would have known Grizzlies record was insanely good without Ja, they just had a game off which had nothing to do with Ja being out IMO. Kerr not being there had an impact too.

Game 3 was a freak, Celtics annihilated Bucks in game 2 too and it had nothing to do with the quality gulf between the teams. Everything went right for Warriors in that game, they shot 62/53/91 - it’s not normal. I think those are closely matched teams at full strength IMO. Warriors were probably going to win the series due to experience but Grizzlies with Ja would have extended it more and made them work for it.

Sarni

No chance that was the most condescending post in the tread!

Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza (before he was washed), Capela, Lou Williams (before washed), Beverley, and Montrezl Harrell is a decent supporting cast. Far superior to Westbrook's for sure. The Houston roster was at least conducive to their best player's strengths. The best 3-point shooter in the OKC starting line-up was Oladipo who is a 35% career shooter.

Anyway, I'm not saying that the triple-double had nothing to do with it. It absolutely did. I don't even mind if you think Harden deserved it. I was just saying that it was not solely down to the triple-double as there were other factors at play.
That Rockets team was constructed very well indeed. They basically tried to build a team around Harden to get the best out of him which worked very well and should have brought them the championship with just a slight amount of luck (admittedly it was the team with CP3 that got the closest but still).

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Steve Kerr did not travel with the team to Memphis so it looks like he's out for game 5.

R'hllor

Not the biggest fan of this Luka against the world approuch.
Well to be honest things got weird yesterday, Lil Wayne calling out Luka on flopping then i see calling him a ho on twitter, then Undisputed jumped on it and some others. After which they managed to drag Jokic into it next to Luka, that led to mentioning acting in football and suddenly we got situation how NBA was pure until they came along to flop and complain at ref.

R'hllor

Wait what happened to 76ers, hmm Embiid 17 pts, guess when you have 3 FTs instead of usual 20

Edit: Oh shit, ball actually got pushed into his face, that hurts, guess that mask cant absorb for shit.

sport2793

Luka showing his young age, he got affected by off court matters and it showed.
He did start the game well, but his ridiculously hot shooting was bound to taper off along with the rest of the Mavs. I don't put much stock in the Lil Wayne stuff affecting him too much.

Will be interesting to see how game 6 goes now and would be surprised if there wasn't a game 7.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Luka showing his young age, he got affected by off court matters and it showed.
Nah, he's been shooting badly since game 3. Issue is other than him, Brunson and Bertans nobody else could hit shots for the mavs and Ayton dominated on the inside. I think your team plays too well at home for the mavs, and they're already a much better team. Didn't even need to target Luka on defence this time, just take away the paint let the mavs miss jumpers

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Well to be honest things got weird yesterday, Lil Wayne calling out Luka on flopping then i see calling him a ho on twitter, then Undisputed jumped on it and some others. After which they managed to drag Jokic into it next to Luka, that led to mentioning acting in football and suddenly we got situation how NBA was pure until they came along to flop and complain at ref.
Didn't see any of that and better since it's usual drivel.

Too much iso from him for my liking even before this game, although tbf the Suns are just a better team and don't see much that Mavs can do differently to win the whole series. Basically, they would need some ridiculous shooting from 3 pts in the next 2 games along with stopping Ayton in the paint to stand a chance. Oh, and for CP3 to stay relatively quiet.

sport2793

And this is why I never count the Bucks out, don't think anyone in this thread necessarily underestimates them but the national media continues to do so.