NBA 2021-2022

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The jury's still out for me, especially on the mental side of things. Harden has been known to wilt under pressure before especially in the playoffs. I'm still interested to see how they all perform together THIS season. All 3 stars have had their issues with one thing or another whether it be COVID, injury, vaccination (or lack of it) etc... I'm still yet to be totally convinced and not just with James Harden.
Ehhhh, his numbers are a slight drop, but it's still pretty damn good when he's averaging 23+ppg, 6 assists and 5.5 rebounds in the playoffs which is pretty close to his career average of 25ppg, 6.6 assists and 5.5 rebounds in the regular season.

He's been handicapped in the playoffs by the fact that he's played under loads of coaches who've no gameplan beyond letting their main ballhandler do whatever they want.

R'hllor

Almost, i know people dont watch Denver much but this is classic them, last 10 days Jokic is so drained by just being surrounded with some next level stupidity. Even they missing 3 starters plus Burton, who even when having good game is frustrating as mf.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Ehhhh, his numbers are a slight drop, but it's still pretty damn good when he's averaging 23+ppg, 6 assists and 5.5 rebounds in the playoffs which is pretty close to his career average of 25ppg, 6.6 assists and 5.5 rebounds in the regular season.

He's been handicapped in the playoffs by the fact that he's played under loads of coaches who've no gameplan beyond letting their main ballhandler do whatever they want.
Wilting under pressure might be a bit strong. Let's put it this way; in games with everything on the line he more often than not seems to finish up on the wrong end of the scoreline.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Well thats not on Nuggets, its your guys feck in the first half, i mean holy shit, SC is way off for some time now. :)
He's certainly been up and down for sure. This game epitomized it - 5 points in the first half, 18 in the second.

elmo

Wilting under pressure might be a bit strong. Let's put it this way; in games with everything on the line he more often than not seems to finish up on the wrong end of the scoreline.
Apart from last season, his Rockets team have always lost to a better team though in the playoffs.

ZDwyr

Harden has issues in high pressure situations and has a history of it. He was terrible in the 2012 finals against Miami, he was terrible in the 2017 series against the Spurs where he got blocked by Man Utd and failed to beat a Spurs team with Kawhi out, and he was quite poor against OKC in the first round of the bubble season. I've also seen him throw games away against Boston with repeated turnovers in the final moments of games. His overall playoff stats are probably not terrible, but out of all the league superstars he's quite a way down the list of players I'd want in high pressure moments.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Harden has issues in high pressure situations and has a history of it. He was terrible in the 2012 finals against Miami, he was terrible in the 2017 series against the Spurs where he got blocked by Man Utd and failed to beat a Spurs team with Kawhi out, and he was quite poor against OKC in the first round of the bubble season. I've also seen him throw games away against Boston with repeated turnovers in the final moments of games. His overall playoff stats are probably not terrible, but out of all the league superstars he's quite a way down the list of players I'd want in high pressure moments.
I mean it's hardly fair if Spurs can just enlist the entire Manchester United squad to stand in his way, blocking his shots.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Lakers trade rumors are my favorite trade rumors. Being linked with Myles Turner now, as if they actually have a single asset Pacers would be interested in.

Kings should look to trade Fox or Haliburton. I think Fox will have slightly more value around the league at this point, and they seem to be playing better with Haliburton anyway. They have too many point guards anyway as Mitchell is probably better off playing there as well, and they have Hield who likes to play 2 as well so it's a bit overcrowded with Fox, Haliburton, Mitchell and Hield.

Fox for Simmons could make sense for both sides but Morey will probably want 2-3 unprotected first rounders and a bunch of swaps, and will likely ask for Kings to add Barnes and/or Hield to the deal on top of that which I can't see Kings FO doing (neither should they).

With Wizards struggling and Beal's contract expiring at the end of next year they may be looking to eventually trade him too. Again, a good trade option for Sixers but no way Wizards will add whatever picks/players Morey will ask for when they could probably get good talent + bunch of assets from other teams.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I mean it's hardly fair if Spurs can just enlist the entire Manchester United squad to stand in his way, blocking his shots.
I've got to agree. This entire United squad would set great screens standing like statues, with no movement and just generally getting in the way.

vangagal

I'm just a casual watcher of NBA, love it when MJ was around, after that, lack of available resources to watch (after MJ retired, i think TV stations in my country just stop broadcasted NBA altogether iirc), turned in again when Steph rose to stardom (GSW pre-KD), now seeing Bulls in good form make me smile a little bit tbh.
But can their form sustain until playoff? I dont think they can get past Nets/Bucks just yet tbh.

Sarni

I'm just a casual watcher of NBA, love it when MJ was around, after that, lack of available resources to watch (after MJ retired, i think TV stations in my country just stop broadcasted NBA altogether iirc), turned in again when Steph rose to stardom (GSW pre-KD), now seeing Bulls in good form make me smile a little bit tbh.
But can their form sustain until playoff? I dont think they can get past Nets/Bucks just yet tbh.
Bulls are probably good enough to make it to the second round but won't have enough to make it to the conference Finals, which IMO will almost certainly be Nets v Bucks barring major injuries in either team. Bucks will be favorites unless Kyrie gets vaccinated.

West is impossible to predict at this point. Could literally be any of 7-8 teams in Conference Finals. Suns and Warriors look likely now but there's too much quality in other teams to discount them.

I'd expect some significant trades to be made between now and deadline which can swing it in another direction.

vangagal

Bulls are probably good enough to make it to the second round but won't have enough to make it to the conference Finals, which IMO will almost certainly be Nets v Bucks barring major injuries in either team. Bucks will be favorites unless Kyrie gets vaccinated.

West is impossible to predict at this point. Could literally be any of 7-8 teams in Conference Finals. Suns and Warriors look likely now but there's too much quality in other teams to discount them.

I'd expect some significant trades to be made between now and deadline which can swing it in another direction.
I thought so too, 2nd round probably the best Bulls can do this season i think.

I like the quality in the West, so much talents to watch for.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The jury's still out for me, especially on the mental side of things. Harden has been known to wilt under pressure before especially in the playoffs. I'm still interested to see how they all perform together THIS season. All 3 stars have had their issues with one thing or another whether it be COVID, injury, vaccination (or lack of it) etc... I'm still yet to be totally convinced and not just with James Harden.
Yeah I mean that's a fair enough position to take. Personally I think if Harden doesn't get injured, the Nets get through the Bucks and likely would be the defending champs this year.

His playoff reputation is both incredibly harsh and kinda well earned at the same time. He's come up small in some moments we really needed him just be clutch, but he's also had to go up against a fecking juggernaut multiple times and coming up short against the Warriors with KD is hardly the crime of the century.

Charlie Foley

Yeah I mean that's a fair enough position to take. Personally I think if Harden doesn't get injured, the Nets get through the Bucks and likely would be the defending champs this year.

His playoff reputation is both incredibly harsh and kinda well earned at the same time. He's come up small in some moments we really needed him just be clutch, but he's also had to go up against a fecking juggernaut multiple times and coming up short against the Warriors with KD is hardly the crime of the century.
Didn’t KD get injured against Houston in 2019 and they couldn’t get over the line still. Although I don’t remember which game that was in, Warriors definitely won at least one without him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Didn’t KD get injured against Houston in 2019 and they couldn’t get over the line still. Although I don’t remember which game that was in, Warriors definitely won at least one without him.
Yeah it was game 5. The series was tied 2-2, KD goes out, Klay was awesome that game and Curry catches fire in the 4th quarter and leads GS to a 3-2 lead. Harden scored 30 that night and 35 in game 6 but Curry made 33 and helped GS see the series out. I'm certainly not hanging that elimination on Harden.

Charlie Foley

Yeah it was game 5. The series was tied 2-2, KD goes out, Klay was awesome that game and Curry catches fire in the 4th quarter and leads GS to a 3-2 lead. Harden scored 30 that night and 35 in game 6 but Curry made 33 and helped GS see the series out. I'm certainly not hanging that elimination on Harden.
No, I didn’t mean to suggest he was at fault there. Apologies. Just trying to jog my own memory. Was it game 5 or 6 Steph was scoreless at half time or damn close and exploded. Probably 5.

Then the year before Rockets one game missed an ungodly amount of 3s.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
No, I didn’t mean to suggest he was at fault there. Apologies. Just trying to jog my own memory. Was it game 5 or 6 Steph was scoreless at half time or damn close and exploded. Probably 5.

Then the year before Rockets one game missed an ungodly amount of 3s.
Yeah Curry exploding after being scoreless at the half was the same game KD went off injured in 2019. That god forsaken game when Harden and the rest kept chucking and missing 3's was the year before when we got bounced in WCF game 7. Feck me, I just remembered I much I used to hate the fecking Warriors :lol:

R.E.D.

Yeah Curry exploding after being scoreless at the half was the same game KD went off injured in 2019. That god forsaken game when Harden and the rest kept chucking and missing 3's was the year before when we got bounced in WCF game 7. Feck me, I just remembered I much I used to hate the fecking Warriors :lol:
I think it was game 6 and KD didn't play at all.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
But you love us now I'm sure. ;)
I like watching GS. You play the best basketball in the league. I have no ill feeling towards you anymore. It was a competitive rivalry that died as soon as we stopped being competitive with each other.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think it was game 6 and KD didn't play at all.
Oh, great thanks. We played them so many times it's hard to keep track. At least my memory is fading and I'm grateful for that :D

elmo

Lakers trade rumors are my favorite trade rumors. Being linked with Myles Turner now, as if they actually have a single asset Pacers would be interested in.

Kings should look to trade Fox or Haliburton. I think Fox will have slightly more value around the league at this point, and they seem to be playing better with Haliburton anyway. They have too many point guards anyway as Mitchell is probably better off playing there as well, and they have Hield who likes to play 2 as well so it's a bit overcrowded with Fox, Haliburton, Mitchell and Hield.

Fox for Simmons could make sense for both sides but Morey will probably want 2-3 unprotected first rounders and a bunch of swaps, and will likely ask for Kings to add Barnes and/or Hield to the deal on top of that which I can't see Kings FO doing (neither should they).

With Wizards struggling and Beal's contract expiring at the end of next year they may be looking to eventually trade him too. Again, a good trade option for Sixers but no way Wizards will add whatever picks/players Morey will ask for when they could probably get good talent + bunch of assets from other teams.
Nah, Haliburton is still on his rookie contract whereas Fox is on his first big contract. No way Kings can get anywhere near value if they move Haliburton.

Their situation is like the Dennis Smith Jr and Doncic all over again, the new guy proving to be a better fit for the team and everybody knows it's just sooner or later that the team has to get rid of either of them.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
With all the players LeBron has cherry picked over the years for his "super" teams it's really fun to watch this latest installment playing with HIS guys, killing himself every game to try and get the win and still getting beat.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
With all the players LeBron has cherry picked over the years for his "super" teams it's really fun to watch this latest installment playing with HIS guys, killing himself every game to try and get the win and still getting beat.
Now there's even talk about DJ getting waived. After he played like a corpse for years they finally realise that maybe they shouldn't have him on the roster. And I thought the Mavs were incompetent.

Sarni

Pretty remarkable how bad Blazers currently are. I reckon they should be going all out for the tank this year, let Dame rest, not rush CJ back, trade some of the expiring pieces like Covington and Nurkic for some draft assets or/and young players. If Dame doesn’t like that idea, trade him as well. The team is going nowhere anyway.

ZDwyr

Pretty remarkable how bad Blazers currently are. I reckon they should be going all out for the tank this year, let Dame rest, not rush CJ back, trade some of the expiring pieces like Covington and Nurkic for some draft assets or/and young players. If Dame doesn’t like that idea, trade him as well. The team is going nowhere anyway.
Any 76ers players/assets that interest you?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Covington seems to live on the trade block permanently these days.

R'hllor

Have no proper knowledge regarding trades, free agency etc. tried to check around nothing in depth but its not complicated how it seems on the first look right?

Like for example, is there any restrictions or rules that prevents a free agent that was on 40mil. to go and join a team under 1mil. contract? ( maybe example is extreme )